• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6637 Players Online
  • 3747 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Crafting Tables within Bridges

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by unsorrowful, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
?

How do you feel about this idea?

1. I love it!! I would love to see this implemented in the near future.

80.0%
  2. I'm in the middle. I love it, but I would like to see some changes within this idea.

20.0%
  3. I do not like it, I would like to keep Crafting Tables as they are.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yo!!

After a few weeks with the new Crafting Table update within Bridges I've noticed issues with players finding their own Crafting Tables. With the new change, players on your team are not able to break your Crafting Tables (Protection on them) (Only 4 Protected Items allowed) which reduces the amount of Trolling significantly!! I personally love it however there is one minor change I would love to see occur. Since it is protected you are not able to use your teammates crafting tables which can be frustrating and cause issues locating yours, forcing you to make more. At some point, if you've made over 4 the newer Crafting Tables, Furnaces, and or Chests will not be protected which will allow players to steal your resources that you worked on getting as well as create frustration within your gameplay experience.

My solution to this current issue is to allow players to use all crafting tables but do not allow players to break your crafting tables (with the 4 protection block limit). With this in mind, it'll cause fewer issues and messes within your games. Being able to use all crafting tables will provide a better gameplay experience. Not having to worry about tracking down which crafting table is yours is just a quality of life type of thing that can go a long way.

In conclusion, the ability to use all crafting tables and only break yours (besides the unprotected ones) allows for a better, faster, and more enjoyable gameplay experience. Let me know what y'all think about this and as always I'd love to see if you have any addons/changes to this idea.

Have a great day!!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  2. Hey!

I'm all for this. What confuses me the most is that the idea you are proposing (allow players to use all crafting tables but do not allow players to break your crafting tables) used to be in place of the game. It was oddly changed to have crafting tables breakable again and now to this state. Kind of weird, but I would most definitely like to see this changed back, as this was the most ideal means of having crafting tables.

To go into detail regarding why, I strongly agree with your reason of losing your table. I have a really strict routine on how I prepare in Bridges, and now having to go back to my own table each time I have to craft becomes a ridiculously big hassle, but at the same time grabbing extra wood for more tables (which on its own causes clutter on the map) is a waste of my 10 minutes of prep time. In general, it's just incredibly awkward to see like 6 crafting tables in one spot for no reason.

On another hand, this change has been a pretty big detriment to competitive Bridges. Typically in preparation, the berserkers will go around and give miners wood for sticks and also to place down crafting tables (while miners gather cobble, coal and iron for a quick iron pickaxe). This was a fairly efficient means of getting stuff down. However, with this bothersome personal crafting table thing, berserkers either have to place a ridiculous amount of crafting tables (to get to unlocked tables), get more wood to give tables to miners (which then takes more time for miners to get ready), or to simply give crafting tables to all the miners. All in all, none of these methods worked as well in terms of efficiency as compared to what it was originally.

Because of this, I really want what you're saying to be readded to the game!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  3. Hiii

As someone who plays a lot of Bridges and even Bridges Competitive League, this update is super inconvenient, I believe you are talking about reverting it back to what it used to be? if so then I am fully supportive of that. I never saw any problem with the old system as a crafting table is easily obtainable so being able to use someone else's didn't seem too bad for me. As I said, I also play Bridges Competitive League and that also makes the new system quite inconvenient as everybody trusts each other on the team so there aren't any fears of trolling.

+1

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    unsorrowful likes this.
  4. Hey there!

This idea I do enjoy but there's just 1 little problem I have with it. I'd assume they made this so they would reduce the trolling but they also added the feature that you're not allowed to use others crafting tables, and I'm sure this was because when it use to be the no break but can use the owner of those crafting tables would just break their table and then the person who was crafting would drop all of their items and that player would get all of their resources which is extremely frustrating. My solution to this problem is to let it go back to normal where you can use everyone else's crafting tables but you still can't break them. But the solution is if the owner of one of those crafting tables does try to break it while a person is crafting to get their items, instead of the items dropping from their inventory it just respawns back into their inventory. This will prevent everyone from stealing items and it'll be a win win for both of those people. Overall for your idea I do enjoy it and I would like to see it added back but with the changes I said. +1. Thanks for suggesting this!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jul 7, 2020
    unsorrowful likes this.
  5. Hey!

As someone who considers themselves an avid and aspiring competitive bridges player, I have definitely been impacted by the crafting table change of the last update. Though you definitely make some decent points, I would like to go over them and perhaps provide some feedback to the possible opposition.

First off, I would like to say that before the recent update, I experienced my fair share of team trolling with players breaking my crafting tables and seeing rare occasions of players running around and "collecting" crafting tables. I might also add that the convenience of being able to use other players' crafting tables was nice but I am not sure if it outweighed the occasional crafting table troll and even other players putting down crafting tables just to take my items while I was crafting.

Now, I believe that the current state of bridges is much better in its respect to prevent an increase in trolling players. The only downside I can see at the moment and from my recent gameplay is that players are forced to either pick-up their crafting tables or make new ones. Making new ones can sometimes lead to running out of protected items and in that case I can see the downfall of the update as you stated as the attempt to reduce trolling would be obsolete. In my opinion, the best course of action in the current ruleset without your proposed update implemented would be for players to either learn to begin picking up their crafting tables or for a change to be made to increase the allotted amount of protected items a player can have.

The changes you have proposed would work to eliminate the choice a player might have to make in my previous paragraph as using a teammate's crafting table would neither require the need to make a new one or to make a new one, pushing your amount of protected blocks. In this specific respect, I can see the saved time and convenience. However, I would say that those are the only benefits of this change with a possible slight list of repercussions. For example, allowing you to use a teammate's crafting tables again could open up a door of trolling similar to the method @Camull ✩ mentioned. This may be a niche problem and one that can be avoided but it also seems like a difficult choice to make a QOL update just to have the possibility of trolling rise up again. In addition, the easy ability to create a new crafting table could also be possible if chosen and at any time if the number of protected blocks were to increase.

Overall, I like the idea as a convenience to myself and other players but I believe the implementation could be unnecessary with an increased amount of protected blocks or with the player base getting used to picking up their crafting tables. There is definitely no perfect option in my mind and either way would most likely require some tweaking which if done, should only be after the developers have a clear plate.

Thanks for the post! +0

Posted Jul 8, 2020
  6. Hello!

Actually, protection of Crafting Tables from the interaction (breaking & usage) by teammates was disabled when we were getting patches for new engine back in January 2019 and I'm guessing a thing which you brought in that thread was a reason why it happened back then. Not that long time, Crafting Table was included back in the list of a protected block and all that thing which was fixed in January 2019 has back. In the old engine, it was just like you are suggesting here but in a new engine, we got a new system of protected blocks where there is no exclusion for Crafting Table which will allow usage of that by your teammates.

I will definitely want to see it be changed on like it used to be before to disallow only breaking of Crafting Table which was placed by teammates but allow using that. It can improve gameplay a lot because you just can use a crafting table which was created by someone else and placed near you in the cave in Bridges game.

Overall, I will give +1 to that idea as it's something which is so great to see re-implemented and definitely should be changed in the future. Thanks for bringing it up!

Posted Jul 8, 2020
    unsorrowful likes this.
  7. I think this idea would be great for the game. You should be able to interact with all crafting tables, just not be able to break any but your own. I know when I play that I usually have a general area under the island where I set up my crafting table, furnace and any other item that I need in the game. It does get annoying to have to go back to that area, especially when PvP is about to start, and get my items again when I don't really need them immediately. If I don't go back for them, then I usually have to craft them again and then the next ones often aren't protected. Honestly, is there a reason there is a limit on protected items? I feel like two changes could be beneficial here - the ability to craft using others' tables and no limit to protected items if you do have to craft multiple per game. Bridges is such a fastpaced game that it would be very convenient for both to be implemented.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    unsorrowful likes this.
  8. Hey!

Thank you for taking the time to put this thread together!

I am happy to inform you that this was implemented in the recent Skywars & General Game Update from 7/26/2020.
    As such, I will be marking this post with the appropriate "Implemented" tag as well as locking this thread.

Thanks again for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Aug 4, 2020