• 817 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7710 Players Online
  • 6893 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Create Mature Discussion Page on Forums

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Ducksicle, Jan 20, 2021.

?

Add Mature Discussion Page?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,
    Although Mineplex is considered a "family-friendly server," there are plenty of subjects people would like to openly talk about on forums. I wanted to suggest making a page here for a more mature audience, which includes a disclaimer for any nsfw content. This way, we are able to form discussions on topics that might not necessarily be appropriate for younger players, yet we would also be able to critique Mineplex and forums. My friends and I came up with this suggestion because several days ago, I made a thread regarding some behavior on Mineplex that was later taken down as it was seen as "innappropriate" for public viewing. However, I spent over an hour writing 800+ words and I did tons of research about something really really important and dangerous going on. Instead of completely avoiding discussion about an issue, I think it would be much more effective if we could narrow down topics directed to a more appropriate audience through this mature discussion page. Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

- Ducksicle

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  2. I remember that the mineplex discord server had a rules discussion page which was similar to what you are suggesting. It was probably removed for a reason though unless mineplex just removed it without stating why.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  3. Anything like this would always get out of hand.

Some players have, how do I say it, conflicting views on a particular topic and given that a lot of the Mineplex userbase are teenagers, the "discussion" can just turn into a fight instead. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

besides, what exactly would you want to discuss? Mature discussions can stem from a lot of different topics.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  4. We will not have something like this on the forums. People can still stumble upon this and if we were to add such a thing we would need something like parental controls on our website just for that singular section. Our forums are not meant for discussions that are not family-friendly; there are plenty of other sites and forums out there that will gladly allow you to talk about such topics too, we are not one of them.

As this will never happen in the future, this will be locked and marked as not planned. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    anna. and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.