• 633 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8426 Players Online
  • 7793 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Creative Housing - handling inappropriate houses

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by MysticMaster779, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Hello ^-^

These months, I saw several houses with inappropriate names and content, such as "Love hotels" and "Only boys/girls". And I thought about something : how these things can be handled, in these cases and in case of a house would contain really gross stuff, in current time and for prevention in the future ?

My suggestion is to give mods the proper tools to handle the houses properly, like a rank above "Owner". They could clean the plot, change name and description if necessary, handle players list, and temp ban/ban the owner if needed. In case of grief, they could have a way to clean, even back-up the plot (if possible in server side).

Best regards,

MysticMaster779

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    MC_Minium and Anna-Marie like this.
  2. I agree that something should be done to create easier moderation for Bedrock staff members when it comes to plots such as love hotels. It's a pretty big issue on Bedrock and unfortunately there really isn't an efficient way to handle them especially with 30+ players on one plot. I think your idea is an interesting one; I wouldn't mind seeing something like that be added. It would definitely help make moderation easier on staff members. It doesn't have to be exactly like you stated, but something along those lines I think could be good.

For right now, though, the best thing you can do is gather evidence on players breaking the rules and report them here. Maybe in the future we'll see something that'll help moderation staff moderate these plots easier, but for right now I don't believe there's anything planned.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    MysticMaster779 likes this.
  3. I definitely agree with this. Inappropriate houses are. A major issue for Creative Housing. There are a ton of them, and currently, Moderators can’t reset them. They have to notify an Admin and the Admin will reset them. I think it’s a great idea for Moderators to be able to reset houses themselves, as it would be preventing a lot of wasted time. It would definitely make things more efficient as well. In addition to this, I think that some way to report the house should be added. The reason a lot these houses continue for a while is simply due to the fact that people don’t know how to report them. I think if we added a reporting option, it would also make things easier and it would be very beneficial. The reporting item should be something in your inventory, like a barrier or something similar. Once reported, the reports will go to a GUI that Staff can see (maybe when they click the Housing NPC). These reports should go away after two or so hours. You should also be notified if your report is accepted or denied. There should be a buttons for Moderators to either mark the reports as accepted or deny them. Overall, this is definitely a great idea and I’d like to see some changes made to the way inappropriate houses are dealt with!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  4. I completely agree that something has to be done about all the inappropriate houses on Creative Housing. While I have seen ideas for both a reporting system, and what you suggested, I feel like a combination would be the best approach. I definitely think a build in /report or /reporthouse would be very helpful, as it would make it much easier for players to report an inappropriate house to staff and keep it organized on the staff side. I am mixed on if Moderators should be able to delete, reset, and change the name of houses, as this could cause some issues, especially when first implemented. With all that being said, I do think the /report or /reporthouse could be made so that Mods could "handle" the reports, and then just forward them to Admins, possibly even with a built in command. I also would be fine with Moderators having some permission to moderate housing, I am not sure if the administrative team would also agree with this. So overall, I completely agree that more has to be done to prevent/moderate inappropriate houses in-game.

Also, as Umbreon mentioned, you can also report these buildings inappropriate buildings here, for the time being. Make sure to include evidence in the form of screenshots or video.

Again, I really love this idea, and hope to see it implemented soon!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  5. Hi there,

This is definitely an issue that everyone acknowledges on Bedrock. I think your idea is a very good one that would definitely make moderating these houses easier. I'd also like to give a +1 to @TheJoshXGames' idea as we might not know that an inappropriate house is there and then players would be able to report them similar to inappropriate builds on Master Builders. Like everyone has said above: definitely report these houses. It's a huge help to the server and to anyone who would possibly get exposed to these places not knowing what happens in them.

Posted Oct 1, 2020
  6. Heyyo! I definitely like this idea! The whole idea of allowing deletion and resets to combat love hotels has been brought up in discussion quite a bit within the past!

I do think your idea would work (with a few minor alters and changes. Sadly, we are not able to do anything about creative housing without developers.

Pros
    - Clean up housing
    - Make everything more appropriate
    - Help moderation

Cons
    - Could be easily abused
    - Could cause people to get very mad (if their house they spent time on
    gets reset)
    - Requires development which we are prioritizing to other things currently

All around I definitely think something should and will be done about these houses in the hopefully near future. As of right now though it's a waiting game to see what happens! +1 to this idea though!

Posted Oct 3, 2020
  7. Removing houses isn’t really that simple, as only developers and admins have the permissions to completely wipe them. A tool that would allow us to remove the houses would definitely be useful, however I think that mods alone should not make the decisions by themselves because just because a house is named “Love Hotel” doesn’t have to always mean it’s inappropriate. Meaning it’s possible that even trainees and moderators could take the wrong approach to these types of situations.

An effective feature that could work is if we had the ability to kick everyone out of the house at the same time, and close the house so it is not public. Then if necessary, forward it to admins and or developers to clean the plot if they find it to be inappropriate.

Posted Oct 4, 2020