• 1890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6021 Players Online
  • 4131 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Daily Game Spotlight

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BBoy2003, May 23, 2019.

1. I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if every couple days, one specific game would be promoted or "Spotlighted" for the next 2-3 days, it gets its own portal in the hub that changes as the game changes, and playing the daily game spotlight would give you something like douple xp, or double gems, etc. This, in my opinion, would encourage players to play other games, including those that often have 0 people in it, it should hopefully reduce the number of people yelling "OMGGGG QUEUE FOR SKYWARSSSS" in lobbies if skywars was the game spotlight so it encourages people to play skywars. Tell me what you think :D

Posted May 23, 2019,
    Last edited May 23, 2019
    Sven, ATruePitato and _Prof_ like this.
  2. Herro!

I like this idea, but there's a few issues I find with it:

1. Game shouldn't change daily. Maybe it happens every other day or every week.
    2. In the past we had weekend brawl, which was a specialized gamemode with some wacky rule, such as OP skywars. Weekend brawl was also uses to promote new gamemodes before they came out as a full release. It was eventually removed because people lost interest in the repetitive gamemodes. This reminds me of that, and I feel like it may die off in a month or two after release.

Posted May 23, 2019
  3. It’s just sort of there for people to try if they wanna or not. I feel like the extra rewards offered might intrigue other players

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019
  4. Hey there,

I think this would be an excellent idea. It's a great way to expose players to all the game-modes Mineplex has to offer, especially the game-modes that don't get much attention. I completely support this idea, great thinking!

Posted May 23, 2019
    n8wes likes this.
  5. Hiya!

I quite like this idea, this would bring awareness to the games promoted! I think it should be more than a day, maybe a weekly game or something like that. It would also be great to see the community deciding which game gets the spotlight, maybe some type of voting system would be good for this. Great concept, a bit of tweaking and its perfect! :)

Posted May 23, 2019
  6. Heyo!

I think this would be a great idea however I don't think it should be a day possibly 2 - 3 days. Other than that I really like the idea and think it would be a great addition to Mineplex.

Posted May 23, 2019
  7. To start, this idea is very unique as I have never seen other popular servers do this. Fresh new ideas are what attracts players to servers and that is great starting point. When Mineplex Java switched from the big tree lobby to the floating islands, then the Bedrock one, there were quite noticeable decreases in player count. This is because every game has a fan base, big or small, it is existent. When their game gets pushed back, the players who grind them will leave Mineplex. I think the daily game spotlight will hopefully get some of those players back on the server for a day so they can play what they once loved.

Adding to your idea, I think double gems, shards, and xp are necessary for this to make an impact. It brings maximum attention to that game for one day. Not every player wants to get the same resources whilst playing. Most want xp and shards but there is usually some who still want gems even though they are only really used on kits and community donations. The rotation of the games should all be different in the last 5 days. They should be chosen randomly as the point is to get every game more attention. Every game that can at least be played in MPSs should be able to get the spotlight for one day.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 23, 2019
  8. I've been watching responses to this thread with quite some interest as I do truly believe that this is an excellent idea. One reoccurring issue that has been brought up by many players is the dislike of the once-per-day game rotation mechanism. I have to agree with each one of their claims, this is perhaps not the best method of changing the 'spotlighted' games. In my opinion, changing game modes twice per week could be an optimal solution. In particular, I was thinking of having the games change on Monday and Friday, which would both maximize the time the game is featured for, and it also lines up well with the generic start of the weekdays and weekends. Naturally, this is merely one combination of many possible; however, it's probably a more sensible pattern.

Another minuscule problem could possibly be fitting a new portal in the main lobby. Specifically, where would it go? In order to promote uncommonly played games it could be a good idea to have the portal be somewhat larger than standard portal size, but would also need to be in a place where a magnitude of players would be able to easily view it. This obviously is not the biggest of concerns for this idea; however, it's a small touch to consider for the future.

First and foremost, I would like to make it known that, if done incorrectly, a voting system could throw this entire idea out of proportion. In order to assure that minuscule games have time to shine, popular games would need to be exempt from the ballot. This assures that players don't simply vote for a game they play all the time, as that would defeat the entire purpose of this implementation. Even with this limitation, I still have mixed feelings on the idea of allowing players to vote on the next 'spotlighted' game.

I understand the gist of what you are stating, but this might not be the finest approach. Many games on Mineplex get tons of attention, yet a decent amount commonly have zero players, queued and already in a game. Please correct me if I am misguided, yet I believe that the point of this is to highlight games that the community doesn't play very often, in hopes that they then proceed to play the game, and eventually participate in the game mode even without bonus rewards. In basis, the objective of this ideal is to bring back essentially 'dead' game modes by showing players how much fun they can be. If games are chosen at random, then popular games will get unneeded extra attention, which could instead be used for games with a smaller player base.

Overall, I think that with a little work and more players' opinions, this concept could become an immensely successful reality. I am genuinely looking forward to other peoples' input on this suggestion!

Posted May 23, 2019
  9. There are also benefits to spotlighting active games like CW, SG, and Bridges. Those games have a large player base so having it give double the rewards for one day will satisfy more players and convince them to log on.

Yes, I do think his suggestion is to give some empty games more attention. People have often asked for the old Mixed Arcade to return and there are a total of 13 games that do not have their own NPC. If you include the games that can only be found in MPS as well, that has over a 50% chance of an empty game would be featured.

There are pros to spotlighting both popular and unpopular games, I believe there should be a balance between them.

Posted May 23, 2019
  10. I think this is an interesting idea. Having a featured game every day would bring attention to the game, and would especially be effective for games that do not have many players, such as many arcade games. However, I think there should be some sort of twist to make the game more appealing to play. For instance, increased rewards for those games can be a big motivator for players to play featured games. Also, as @_Prof_ mentioned, I agree with featuring removed games that still can be found in MPSs. This would be beneficial since hosting removed games can bring back old players and serve as a source of nostalgia. Overall, I'm pretty confident about this idea, and would love to see it implemented.

Posted May 23, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Great Idea! This would be very useful for boosting interest in smaller games and the buffed rewards system would really encourage players to engage with the featured game.

A few small changes I would make:

I think this could be more impactful if a game was featured for longer than a day, maybe weekly.

Also, every time a new game is put into the spotlight, an event manager could host a small event for it to gather players and bring more attention to the featured game and just generally boost engagement within Mineplex. People love when members of the staff team interact with the community and this seems like a great opportunity for that.

Thanks for your idea! +1

Posted May 24, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. Hey there!
    I think that this is a great idea as I agree that it’ll help games with barely any players to get a bigger player base. In addition, I do think that a booster (e.g. 2x gems) is a great idea to encourage players to play a specific game. Good job!

Posted May 24, 2019
  13. Salutations!

I'm actually a really big fan of this, or at least a similar version. I've always thought that both the network and the community could benefit from this type of idea because directing gameplay traffic has inherent benefits for everyone; players can expect faster games which will start faster and the network can try to shift players' focus to either a brand new gamemode, a gamemode that needs more players to survive (cough, Wizards @Smaland47, cough), or just to give appreciation to a time-tested community favorite. This idea could also be used to direct players towards Events they may not otherwise know about, which is something I think we can all agree would result in more exciting special games.

If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend you submit this idea at Mineplex's Feature Upvote page for further review.

Posted May 24, 2019
  14. We'd probably have to get a developer to change it every time so having this be weekly instead of every few days would be our best option. We used to feature games in the compass but didn't really keep up with it so Dragon Escape was featured for a very long time. I do agree that it'd be nice to give some attention to the less popular games so +1 from me. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what other people think before bringing it up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted May 24, 2019
    Digital_Potato and _Prof_ like this.
  15. This idea could also drag more players on Mineplex. By encouraging new games to be played, people will generate new opinions about the game and play more often. Right now, I believe cake wars is the most popular at Mineplex. If a game is spotlighted like capture people would start playing it again. Today, I barely see Capture being played even though it can be enjoyed by many.

Posted May 24, 2019
    Digital_Potato likes this.
  16. This reminds me of the Cow NPC we had when there were basically no lobbies for Mixed Arcade games and also deleted games. It's a cool concept but in my opinion, I'd rather have actual decent players play the game I want to play then play with people who have no idea to play the game. Would be cool to see this regardless of the bad sides of it. Also, I think it should be a week, not a day. I could already sense it'll be a pain to change it every single day. Cool idea though!

Posted May 24, 2019
  17. This brings back both nostalgia and a throwback to the Cow NPC. It was a great concept and I enjoyed it a lot, as it'll give other games attention, like Capture The Flag or Domination. Showing a new game showcase might also benefit queue times, as more and more players are hopefully getting into a game faster. I'd prefer it to be 4-5 days, or a week though. Love the idea in general.

Posted May 24, 2019
  18. The nostalgia!

Posted May 24, 2019
    Jaxxy likes this.
  19. I've seen this idea before, and I fully support it. I think it would be cool to have a game spotlighted and get it going. Especially if it was given some sort of bonus like double exp. This will certainly encourage players to play the game for these bonuses so I really like the idea. +1

Posted May 24, 2019
  20. I agree with the daily game spotlight, and I love to see some of the nostalgia games for the Mineplex Veteran players. I suggest that the game spotlight should only appear every week, and it should be on Saturday. I choose Saturday because this is where most of the people who are not in school or at work for the weekend. I have to agree with Unfavorited about the double xp as well.

I will have to give a +1 to this idea, and that is a great idea what you have!

Posted May 24, 2019