• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5126 Players Online
  • 5126 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dash jump replacement

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Blazette, Mar 20, 2021.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. I was thinking dash jump doesn't really need to be in this game tbh, maybe replace it with Speed 1-2 or something, feels more fair, specially for wolf with its tiny hit box. Also the fact that Spider and Wolf has a launch move so they can easily get in either way.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
  2. Those kits would probably need some more changes to compensate since they are centered around the jump. Also using spin web for movement is just bad its much better for its stun ability.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Blazette likes this.
  3. There's a document in G.I. about double jump replacements. Giving speed 2 might actually make both kits better, though they would need compensation.

Posted Mar 22, 2021
  4. You would have to perform a significant overhaul on those kits to balance them, as their unique jump is a very large part of their combat patterns.

Ssm has a strong jumping meta anyhow, what with people constantly jumping around and working jumps into their combos regardless of whether they are a wolf or spider- so having a speed effect added to them would do very little in the ways of altering their playstyle especially when you consider the great variations of height on some maps.

Many newer or less skilled players feel wolf is extremely strong because of its high dps and small hitbox, but without the dash jump that dps is significantly reduced, however because it lacks any damage at range to speak of, it can be kited by playing smart. Any kit that wolf struggled with before would become impossible to face without such an easy to use gap closer.

Same with spider. Its raw dps isn't as high as wolf but still excels at melee thanks to its dash jump. The basic combo is to knock an opponent back with needler then followed into with dashing melee. This lack of this combo would change the way spider is played dramatically.

I'm not terribly attached to it, and I don't play spider/wolf often- so if the dash jump was removed I wouldn't be horribly chaffed, however I personally don't see any need to atm. If it is removed, the wolf and spider kit as they are would probably no longer be meta for the first time in- well forever lol, a change which would make some rejoice, and some quit the game.

Posted Mar 30, 2021