• 200 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4053 Players Online
  • 3853 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Death Run (8/12/2022)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by Timmi6790, Aug 12, 2022.

1. [​IMG]
    Death Run

I'm happy to announce that Death Run is the newest addition to our server. Death Run is divided into two teams, the Trappers and the Runners. Your job as a Trapper is to prevent the Runners from reaching the goal by being the mastermind of the map spiked with dangerous traps ready for your control. The opposing Runners need to fool the Trappers to have a chance of safely reaching the end, but that is not the only risk in this survival game against everyone else.

Cosmetics

[​IMG]

Death Run offers various new game-specific cosmetics, like a personal Start Wall, Effects when reaching a Checkpoint or Goal, that you can unlock for 20000 Shards in the Death Run Treasure chest.

Credits

The game would not have been possible in this state without the extensive help from the Builder and QA/QAT Team over the last few months. Honourably mention also goes to the java Death Run version created by the Hive team; the game is heavily influenced by my good experience of playing it over the years.

P.S. Don't forget to check Sam The Slime for a limited Event Mission.

Changelog

Global
    • Improve velocity handling
    • Performance improvements

Champions
    • Remove Arctic Armor player teleport
    BlockHunt
    • Add new team fill system

NANO
    • Add best time tracking for
    • Dropper maps
    • KnockKnock maps
    • MineKart maps
    • Parkour maps
    • RedGreenLight maps

SpeedBuilder
    • Add best time tracking for builds

AlienInvasion
    • Add best time tracking for maps

DragonEscape
    • Add best time tracking for maps

CakeWars
    • Fix respawn invincibility radius remove check

Posted Aug 12, 2022,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2022
  2. I've only played a few games but so far I've had so much fun playing this, really good to see new content out as well :) Thank you to everyone involved in the process of bringing Death Run to the server :)

Posted Aug 12, 2022
    Amg likes this.
  3. I’ll admit that I gave a significant amount of play-time to the server that inspired DeathRun since the year before three separate gamemodes merged into that one server (since Christmas 2012). That server is now unfortunately Bedrock-only, so while it isn’t exactly the same, I’m glad to see DeathRun making a return to Java edition.

I do have one question though, is the DR chest duplicate-free like the Illuminated chest or not like the Mythical chest? (The price mirrors an Illuminated chest, so that’s why I’m asking.)

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  4. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I'm super excited and it seems very well done, so props to everyone involved!

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  5. THIS WAS SO FUN TO WORK ON WOO IM SO HAPPY IT’S OUT even though I won’t get to play it live for the next week or so! :(

Big props to the Builders and all other QA/T for the work it was great working with you guys and you are all wonderful and hardworking people.

No duplicates in DR chests :)

Posted Aug 12, 2022
    Arshaad_73 likes this.
  6. Okay, all honesty. My two cents. Standing on my soap box..... This game is what Mineplex needed and I am just very impressed with how much fun it is! I have been playing non-stop for the last hour simply because I have been enjoying raging at the parkour and traps being set off! This game is for sure a keeper and I hope many others love the game as much as I do. I do have some suggestions I am thinking of, but needless to say this might just be my new favorite game! It's going to be even more fun when more maps are added and I can get my friends online to play. Wonderful job Timmi and of course to everyone else involved in making this new game possible. Incredible! Also awesome to see other QOL updates along with this one. Can't wait to see what is planned moving forward. <3

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  7. Yet again Thanks Timmi, QA and BuildTeam :))

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  8. Really enjoying this game, played a fair amount today and It has been so much fun. Couple of balance changes which are going to be made too which will help bridge the gap between runners and trappers (as at the moment it is very hard to win as trapper). All in all, what a great game and as everyone else has said, thanks to everyone involved; qa/t, builders and Timmi.

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  9. looks really fun, cant wait to check it out

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  10. This long project of the last few months is finally completed, and I'm so glad we are released it to the public. It was good and bad moments, but overall it was great and fun to be involved into making as well as testing a new game along with fellow QA/QAT members & Build Team. We will for sure keep polishing the game up within a month or some to make it as good as possible, so keep an eye on updates.

Back in time, I kinda liked Death Run on Java Hive, and it's interesting to see such a game on Mineplex too. Hopefully, this game will be liked by the community and bring the good to the server, so let's see how it will all go.

Posted Aug 12, 2022
    Lightsaberrlx and Arshaad_73 like this.
  11. So much nostalgia from Death run + its really fun and the achievements make it so worth playing because of the rewards, overall a very good update for Mineplex.

Posted Aug 12, 2022
    Amg likes this.
  12. Arguably the first exceptional non-event update in years-can't wait to try it! This deserves to be on the homepage. Also maybe fix that Block Hunt typo up there.

Posted Aug 12, 2022
  13. I'm curious why EmmaLie had posted this in Home almost a month after Timmi had released the update

Posted Sep 10, 2022
  14. It’s mineplex what did you expect! But uh yeah I don’t really play java but this seems kinda cool

Posted Sep 10, 2022