• 1354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3933 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Death Tag Chaser Update

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Crazyy_Tim, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Hello everybody!

I haven't really put a whole lot of thought into this idea, but it came to me while I was playing Death Tag and I thought I would post it here to possibly get some feedback/suggestions. My idea is to add a 1st, 2nd and 3rd award for chasers at the end of the game, alongside who survived the longest as a runner. These rankings will be given to the chasers that accumulated the most kills in the game, and they will be awarded similar or the same amount of XP as the runners do. I think this would give players a great incentive to keep playing the game even after they are killed, making the game more fun for everyone.

If you could please leave some feedback/suggestions down below that would be much appreciated!

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    _Prof_, ClassN and kim_crazy like this.
  2. YES, it’s not fair to be chaser since it’s an automatic lost and I usually get 8 kills a game with chaser while receiving barely any rewards, although I believe the reward should be only for the best chaser.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  3. Hey!
    Honestly, I think this is a great idea. Chaser is not a position many people like to get, which is unfortunate as the game can't be played without them. I've noticed that many players leave their games once they're killed as they believe there is little reward for staying. I agree that if the Chaser who did the best got a larger reward, this would incentivise players to stay in the game once they've died, and to really hunt down the surviving players. Overall, I really like this idea, +1 from me.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  4. Hi!

I think this is a great idea! No one really likes being a chaser. When people become a chaser, they usually leave the game to join a new one. I think this would help players stay after they are killed and become a chaser. It gets really annoying when you have all these runners, but once they get killed, all you see is the leave message for a bunch of people. It is really annoying, and I think this would help it. I would like to see this be implemented!

Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  5. Hello!

I think this is a great idea! I do always see players leave the game after becoming a chaser, and seems unfair that they never get a reward out of being a chaser. This idea could definitely decrease the amount of players who leave because they were picked or killed to become a chaser.

I definitely agree that this idea should be implemented. Because there would be a reward for both chasers and runners, there would never be a point in leaving the game. This creates a better experience for the players who do want to play the game correctly. I know how it feels for the alpha chaser to leave the game and then someone else is chosen as an alpha chaser. This is unfair to the players just because the main alpha chaser decided to leave because they would not receive a reward. No matter if you like the chaser position or not. When you are the chaser you never receive a reward. Which, once again, seems unfair for the chasers not to be able to get a reward.

Overall, I would really like this idea to be implemented because it would decrease the chances of a chaser leaving the game. This idea could really make an impact to Death Tag, and it would make the game more enjoyable to play. Anyways, because of what I have said in this response. I will be giving this idea a +1!

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  6. It is very frustrating when you want to win and get picked right off the get-go as the alpha chaser. This update will convince the forced chasers to stay so they have something to play for. Alpha chasers (with skeletons) are more likely to get those awards since they take less knock-back from all attacks and that is logical because they were not hunted down.

If there were to be tie-breakers in the event of chasers getting the same amount of kills, I think it should be whoever has been the chaser for the shortest time.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Dec 28, 2019
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.