• 1077 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5977 Players Online
  • 4900 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Death Tag Kit Ideas (Pacifist and Cloner)

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by ItzSoul_, Aug 10, 2020.

?

What do you think if these kits?

1. I want the Pacifist Kit

45.5%
  2. I want the Cloner Kit

27.3%
  3. I want both

18.2%
  4. Neither

9.1%
  1. Name: Pacifist

Cost: 5000 Gems

In this kit, you as a runner can not be hit by a traitor. This kit helps players that don’t like being hit by traitors. They can still be hit by chasers. However, in this kit, the player receives no weapon as they are a “pacifist” and they cannot hit chasers or runners. This kit is mainly for players who don’t like to pvp. Players who like to fight and kill chasers will have to pick other kits.

Benefits: Not being able to be hit by a traitor, allows them to focus on running.

Downside: No weapon granted and cannot hit anyone.

Second Kit Idea.

Name: Cloner

Achievement Kit

In this kit, as a runner you have a player head, where when you click on it, a clone will appear. This clone will appear from where you are currently standing and run away for 5 seconds (subject to change), giving you just enough time to run away if the chaser got baited. The clone can tank 2 hits (subject to change) within the 5 seconds and then vanish. There will be a 30 second cool down (subject to change) before the runner can use this kit again. (If wanted there can be a maximum usage for this kit, for example 3 uses, but I don’t think it’s necessary). The clone does not attract the compass so the compass will still be locked onto the nearest runner. The runner can receive a stone axe as their weapon where they can only hit chasers.

Benefits: Being able to make some cool plays with this kit and possibility of running away.

Downside: Compass will still track the nearest runner and not the clone, and not all chasers will be baited by the clone.

I feel these kits can make a positive impact to the Death Tag game. The cloner kit will make the game more interesting with new play styles. What are your thoughts? Any additions?

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    Zyta (Zayta) and vParz like this.
  2. Ok this message goes to mineplex himself,
    PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE add the pacifist kit, I am tired of traitors trolling me, using the emoji taunt, and mooning!

If this is added, I will love this server forever

I don't mind about the cloner though

Posted Aug 10, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 11, 2020
  3. I must say, the prospect of the addition of the Pacifist kit is very appealing to me, the idea of not being able to be hit when you're just chilling in a spot by some traitor trying to be annoying sounds very good to me. I also like that overall it is a relatively balanced out kit with the advantages and disadvantages you've listed, all in all I would agree with adding Pacifist as a kit. Cloner however, while seemingly an interesting concept of a kit, I don't really see the need for it, if the compass still shows the nearest runner then the clone itself would fail to be any major diversion as most players would simply see through it as a trick, especially if it just 'appears' out of thin air, when the chances are the chaser has already been looking at you. Still both great ideas for kits however!!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  4. Thanks for responding vParz. I agree with your opinion towards the Pacifist Kit. As you mentioned, traitors won't be as annoying to handle while using this kit. I believe this kit is well balanced and will be a good implementation to the game. This also serves the purpose of this game as they are running away from the chasers with no interruptions from traitors.

Regarding the Cloner Kit, I got this idea off of the trick taunt. (don't remember the name completely) but it goes like this, "<Player> does a trick", where a copy/clone of themselves spawn in and walk in a circle around them. For this kit with the same concept, make it spawn where you are currently standing in the same position and walk away instead of a circle to confuse the chaser and then vanish after the time limit or the 2 hits. To add on, for the compass, while the chaser is trying to catch the runner, they have to focus on aiming as they have to kill the runner. The chaser won't have enough time to look at the compass in the current moment. However, If they do look at the compass, it will take them some time to find the real runner. Also, not all chasers use the compass during the chase. Main purpose of this kit is to escape tough situations or make some nice plays. As an achievement kit, players will be good enough to know when to use it towards their advantage. This kit can be a nice implementation and addition to the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
  5. Me personally, I love your idea of the cloner kit. Its a really unique idea, and I feel like players would love to get the achievements just to be able to use it. It would also be very fun to master tricking the chaser out, and escaping by using your clone. The pacifist kit I do not like as much, because it would make the traitor kit less fun to play as. Also it would not be very fun to use either because it has no fun ability like the other kits. I think that you have some stellar ideas here that would be very fun to play with!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  6. Thanks for replying bluebadger11. Allow me to explain more about the pacifist kit. I understand your point on how traitor kit will be less fun to play as but remember, not every player will use the pacifist kit as they would like to kill chasers by using 1 of the 3 current kits (Basher, Archer, Traitor). Traitors will still be able to troll and knock runners off as there would be a good majority of players using 1 of those 3 kits. As I stated above, pacifist kit helps runners that don't like to fight or get annoyed by traitors. This gives a good opportunity to players who want to "chill" or focus on running away from chasers. Everyone has different play styles so adding this kit would be a good addition to the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
  7. Hey!

Interesting kit ideas! It would be nice to see some more kits in Death Tag, or really any game that hasn't been updated in a bit. I'm just gonna head in to my feedback on your kits :)

Pacifist: Not really needed, in my opinion. It's sort of pointless with it's available abilities. Only being able to not get hit by Traitors (ruins the point of the Traitor kit) but then not even getting a weapon, pretty useless kit. Maybe giving the kit an axe that gives availability to leap or go faster so it can have some use. Though if this were added, might as well make it (if possible) not be able to hit the chasers at all since they are based off of a pacifist. If the Traitor kit is annoying, the most Mineplex can do is find a way to potentially nerf the kit, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Cloner: This is a better kit idea. Very unique and would be interesting/fun to play as during a game, with the possibility of juking Chasers out. Adding to this, there is no achievement kit in Death Tag currently so if implemented in a positive way, this would be a good addition to the kit pool. Instead of the compass not tracking the clone, I think it should. Chasers that play the game daily will eventually learn how to counter this kit and know that the compass doesn't track the clones so you're basically wasting your time using the kit as you'll never escape. The clone should also have everything the player using it has too. They should be holding the same item, same skin, etc.

Anyways, these are decent kit ideas. With some changes to them, especially the Cloner, they'd be cool additions to Death Tag! Thanks for the kit suggestions :D

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    Zyta (Zayta) likes this.
  8. How on Earth can you not want the Pacifist kit? I'm not good at PVP so this is the kit for me.

Just remember people have different play styles, I am not trying to hurt you, most people are more aggressive and will not pick the pacifist kit, but my wants are never satisfied, I can't get a way around being taunted, so the pacifist kit will give me all my wants in one

Posted Aug 11, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 11, 2020
  9. I personally like both of these kits.

Pacifist: Now, I was iffy when I read traitors couldn't hit these people. But At great power comes a great price, and you delivered by adding the fact this user would be weaponless and unable to attack others, which is a disadvantage to pair with a traitor advantage. Yeah, it takes some purpose from the traitor kit, but having zero weapons is not appealing to most people, you cannot hit anyone which is even less appealing. This kit is balanced out. I would suggest upping the speed to speed II purely because they're as defenceless as you can get and it would be annoying having no genuine advantage other than being able to hide next to a traitor without them throwing you off the ledge/into a chaser. Which anyone could have if you stay far away from a chaser, so maybe adding speed II wouldn't be too overpowered. Or some other alternative like the ability to double jump every 20 seconds.

The Cloner: I've played DOM 7 times total myself, I am unable to play it, but I believe that there is an existing cloner type ability for the Assassin(?) kit, so it's likely to be implementable to Death Tag. At least, I'm pretty sure there was, I could be blind, but I swear I used this kit before. Plus there's the wither skeletons clone in SSM- if all else fails. This would be a very interesting addition to death tag. It would be a unique ability addition to the game and I think it'd be a good achievement kit.

Overall, I do like these kits. They're unique in gameplay and aren't focused on attack and are more about evasion. Pacifists evade the traitor attack and cloners can juke chasers with their ability. So, I'm going to give this a +1.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    Zyta (Zayta) likes this.
  10. Hey! As an active DT player since all the way back in 2015, I think these are pretty good kits. The pacifist one isn't really all that interesting and or unique to me. I think it's pretty bland and brings boring gameplay, It could definitely work don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't bring any new spice to the game. However, I think the cloner kit is a fantastic idea! This is unique, interesting, and fun! It can definitely bring spice to the game without being too powerful! One thing I would tweak would definitely be that instead of it making a complete clone and that's it, you should be able to switch between you and the clone (one time only per use) just like how you're able to switch with the Wither kit in SSM! Overall very good kit for the clone and I'd love to see it added, with some tweaks like the ones you've already mentioned and the ones I've mentioned, I think it would work perfectly in DT.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  11. Thanks for your feedback. Here are some additions to hopefully make these kits more enjoyable. (Let me know if these should be added or kept how it normally was)

Pacifist Kit:
    Allow the runner to hold a gray dye where when clicked, it can give speed 2 for 3 - 5 seconds. Time between usage can be 20 seconds (can be changed).
    This will make it so the kit will still have the pacifist like and make the kit more enjoyable as it has no weapons.

Cloner Kit:
    Allow compass to target the clone.
    Possible addition - Without adding the compass to target the clone, if the head is clicked again (within the time the clone is up), you will switch positions with the clone. When switched, the previous "you" will vanish.
    This will make it more possible to have better escape opportunities and make interesting plays.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  12. Hey!
    Pacifist: I think the concept of the Pacifist kit you have created is innovative! At the same time, I do not know how useful it could be, as the Traitor kit would then become somewhat useless. I know that when I play DT the traitor kit always annoyed me because I have never played as a traitor, but it also can balance the game out in a way! The kit is thought out well, but to me, it brings no further change in the game, rather it could make the game less appealing to all of the traitors!

Cloner: I must say, I have never seen a kit similar to this! I think the addition of a cloner could definitely change the way the game is played, which is great! The concept of the kit appreciable, although I am worried that the chaser will never fall for the clone, as the compass does not track the clone instead of the runner. That being said, this kit brings a unique aspect to the game. If the cloner creates a clone that is genuinely the same as the player, I believe this kit could be useful!

Great and creative kit ideas! :)

Posted Aug 11, 2020

13. this kit sounds cool but kinda ruins the point of traitor and you can't hit chasers which is a downside
    i know being hit by traitors is annoying but ruining the kit doesnt really fix it

this one is cool. it won't always work for more experienced players but it can trick them out sometimes

both cool ideas but i much prefer cloner

Posted Aug 11, 2020