• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed debuff zombie guardians in skywars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by M4RK7000, Dec 31, 2019.

1. zombie guardians deal way too much damage imo, please make them deal less

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    ForevrrFury and FluteVegetables like this.
  2. yea and it becomes an issue on maps with limited space in the middle. in the middle of a fight, I’ll get hit by one and immediately die. definitely think they should be debuffed. also, can we get rid of that one baby zombie? +1 from me

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  3. Hey!
    I actually don't agree with this idea 100% and I might be one of the few but hear me out. The zombie guardians are in the middle as kind of protectors of the tnt which is a very strong asset to the game. The zombies as they are already only take a couple hits from a diamond sword to kill so I don't think their armor needs to be nerfed. I do agree on nerfing their attack damage though because if you are in a fight with another player, or trying to run away from someone one hit from a zombie guardian could kill you. Even with the armor you have when you first get to the middle island which is usually all chainmail, the zombies still do 2 hearts of damage which is a lot for them. Overall I like the idea of nerfing part of them like their attack damage, however I'm against nerfing their health.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  4. Hello! I do agree that the zombie guardian's damage that they do should be nerfed. As said above, when running from someone in a fight and a zombie guardian hits you, it could possibly kill you. Another example is when you're going in a chest and a zombie guardian hits you. A hit could do up to 3 hearts minimum. I feel like their target range should be lowered (how far they go until they go back to their original spot) or how much damage they do.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  5. Hey!
    I think that they need a slight debuff to their attack strength but I don’t think anything too major needs to be done. The zombie guardians only really become an issue when the middle area around the tnt is a bit small and they are all sort of crammed in the middle space. I think that they should be taken down to roughly 75% of their current strength and that way they won’t deal as much damage. It’s unlikely however but sometimes I get stuck in the horde of Zombies and it’s annoying when I get killed a couple of hits during a ping pong.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  6. I played a lot of sw, and the zombies usually just get in the way when your fighting other players. I would say the zombies should be nerfed, but it is too late to take out the zombies from the game completely.

Another issue that Im not sure whether it is intentional or not is how the zombies dont always swarm you on some maps, such as aquaris. Once you go to the very mid where the tnt is, there is 4 chests there. Same thing happens on fabled land of unicorns, another map.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  7. Just don't get hit 4head.

But seriously, it's not hard to not get hit.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  8. I honesy think it is easy not to get hit, or just to fight back. Personally, I dont think they should be nerfed.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  9. The middle island has all the best items. It consists of enchanting tables, TNT, and tier 3 chests so obtaining those should not be a cakewalk. Zombie guardians are not very mobile so it should not be hard to get hit and are easy to kill. People say they interfere with fights but they can just be avoided. During late game, the border closes in but players can simply kill the guardians, they drop a random item upon death anyways. The map guidelines require the middle island to be at least 30 by 30 blocks and that it more than enough space to prevent zombie guardians from damaging you.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2020
  10. The point of the zombie guardians is to balance out rushing mid as a strategy, as if you are first to get there you have to deal with the zombies before you can safely get the best loot in the game. If they are nerfed, it would make rushing mid too effective of a strategy and so for that reason I don't think they should be nerfed.

A lot of people in this thread have said how they do too much damage and they're annoying when you're trying to loot a chest or fight another player. In my opinion, these are not reasons to nerf the zombies. Firstly, they are vanilla minecraft zombies. Avoiding being hit by them is very easy and killing them is even easier. If you are getting hit and being chunked by zombies that much, that's an issue with your skill and not the game. Secondly, them attacking you while you're looting a chest is the reason why they exist. You're supposed to either kill them before opening chests or quickly loot a chest and then back off before they reach you. If you don't kill them and try to loot all the chests at mid then it's understandable that you'd get chunked a lot. Similarly, if you are fighting at mid and you know there are still zombies alive, you obviously want to avoid going near them because obviously they'll attack you.

In conclusion, if you are around mid and you're not taking into account that there are zombies and changing how you're playing because of that, you are not playing the game optimally and so it is not the zombies being overpowered that is the issue.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    NotVeryMlg and _Prof_ like this.
  11. Our Game Insights team actually already planned on reducing the damage Zombie Guardians can do from 2 hears to 1 heart. Zombies can kill you fairly quickly if you have no armor and with so many in such a small radius, you could easily get overpowered. Therefore I will be marking this thread as "Processed" however I will leave it open for further discussion. Thanks for writing the thread, if you have any more ideas feel free to write another thread.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  12. thanks! looking forward to the improvement of bedrock!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2020