• 585 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4040 Players Online
  • 3455 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Default /com chat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by maevestarbaby, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm suggesting to add a feature that allows you to set a specific /community's chat as default, so that anytime anywhere you use !<message> it will speak to any community you deemed default. Alternatively, your preference for /com chat can save for every online session.

This will benefit people that like to have StaffRequest on to report anybody while they're playing games, instead of having to type out /com chat StaffRequest every single time they get into a new lobby.

Even ignoring StaffRequest, it still sounds like a good idea for anybody that's a part of teams or other communities and likes to chat a lot while playing. It would save time

Posted Jan 20, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 20, 2021
    Infui, Ducksicle, gabsy and 4 others like this.
  2. Hey!

I've seen an idea very similar to this mentioned before but I'm not sure where. I would love to see a default community system added. It's very irritating to have to enter /com chat (community) every time I join a new lobby, so having it already be defaulted to the community would be amazing! From the idea I saw before, instead of having a default set community, it won't make you have to enter the command every time you switch lobbies, which you also mentioned as an alternative idea.

Either way, both would work but I'd prefer the idea to not have to enter the command again and it just keeps you in the community you most recently talked in. Anyways, thanks for the idea, hope to see it added soon! :)

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. hii!

I actually really like this idea. I also find it quite annoying how sometimes i want to say something in a community, but say it in the completely wrong place or it doesn't send at all. I think it could be some sort of GUI maybe? Maybe in the /prefs menu?

Overall, +1. I like this idea.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  4. This is a wonderful idea, and a QoL change that could really help out. It is definitely a struggle to type the command everytime you wish to type to a certain community, and it can also help reduce the amount of accidental sends you put into a community which would be extremely useful.

Having this feature directly in a com's settings would be best, as that would allow you to easily change it if need be and have all the settings com-related in one place. Great suggestion!

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  5. Hello!

I see nothing wrong with adding this idea to improve coms! Switching lobbies constantly while trying to type in a community can be very difficult and time consuming. As someone who uses the labymod auto-text feature to execute com commands, I can understand if someone where to say "just use a keybind". This still isn't as effective as having a default com set where you don't have to hit the keybind every time you switch lobbies.

+1 from me :)

Posted Jan 22, 2021
  6. I like this idea a lot, especially considering many of us only chat to maybe 1 or 2 communities normally, and I don't see a point in it being reset each time you switch lobbies. It can be quite annoying, but a temporary fix and one I use a lot because I'm a staff member is plex mod which you can read about here.
    [​IMG]

This is what the UI looks like, and is quite nice when switching communities. As you can see on the right, my communities are displayed, and if I were to click on one of those it would show all the messages sent (since I last restarted my client) and I can send messages through it as well. You can also use it for parties, team chat, and PMs. All your recent communities get saved, and if you want to chat to a different one, you can click the + and type in the name of the person/community you're typing to. Additionally, they have features like AutoGG, Discord Rich Presence, and AutoThank, and /r where you can reply without doing /msg first. Overall, +1 on the idea.

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Fusafez and maevestarbaby like this.
  7. Great idea! I definitely think this will be very useful for both players and staff if they need to quickly communicate with another player. I have personally had many instances where I accidentally talked in the wrong community or wanted to quickly reply to a community. Since switching servers resets the community you are currently talking too, this would make chatting much easier. Nice suggestion!

- Lucas

Posted Jan 26, 2021
  8. Yeah definitely agreed here. It can be super annoying to have to type out /com chat StaffRequest every time I want to talk in that community (it's the community I probably talk in most) and something like this would be really useful. Plex Mod is also a good option (I personally don't use it but I know a lot of people who do) but not everyone will be able to download a mod, so adding something like this would definitely be helpful in a lot of cases. +1 from me!

Posted Jan 26, 2021
  9. I've noticed that you aren't able to do /com chat [letter] and press tab. I think that could be very helpful in automatically filling in the command with whatever communities you're in. This would save a lot of time rather than typing out the whole name of communities, especially some like staffrequest since it's a lengthier name and many people are in a rush to request staff during games.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  10. Hey there!

I think it's beneficial because I don't need to type the commands over and over again. I can simply set the com chat default the next time I switch to another lobby. The message should tell me which com chat default I set to while switching. That way, I don't need to forget it all the time. The message should be like "Your community chat is set to "(insert community name) as default. To disable or modify this, please go to your community settings" or any other lines.

Overall, that's totally an amazing idea you have, and I agree with this! Great job and keep it up! +1

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  11. Hey,

Setting default communities to chat to, or having a community that persists throughout switching lobbies was implemented some time ago. However, it has regressed due to a bug which is known the by Quality Assurance team. Hopefully, a fix can be made with the next QoL update (soontm). Since this is a bug, you can reach out to QA for more info at https://mineplex.com/bugs.

On behalf of the Ideas Team, we will be closing this since it is a bug.

Thanks,
    Techno

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Nolawn and Fusafez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.