• 1333 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1333 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Delete Hiders move to Hunters System

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by WilierSaucer495, Oct 6, 2020.

1. The system randomly turns hider into hunter when there is a shortage of hunters.
    I lost the game more than 100 times because I changed from Hider to Hunter when the game was almost over.
    Personally this system wants to be deleted.

Posted Oct 6, 2020
    진용진 likes this.
  2. Just learn to hunt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Oct 6, 2020
  3. Hola! I know about this problem. There really isn't much that can be done though. I know that block hunt doesn't get as much players these days. I just think it is about luck whether you are picked to be a hunter or hider but I can see that this would be annoying.

Posted Oct 6, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  4. I agree that the current system is a bit unbalanced right now. We will look into ways to improve the system for an upcoming block hunt update, however i don't think the system should be removed because if all the hunters quit then the hiders would just automatically win and that is not ideal.

Posted Oct 6, 2020
  5. I think the bigger problem is that the game doesn't balance the hunter to hider ratio very effectively. Some games you get only 3 hunters in the beginning of the match having to hunt over 15 hiders which often leads to very boring matches if one of those hunters are afk and the hunters are having trouble hunting hiders.

I've found matches to be more enjoyable when there is an even 50-50 split between hiders and hunters, or even a 40-60 split so long as there is some action with the hunters against the hiders. This is what needs to happen to the system for it to work more effectively. Yes, it is annoying when you are made a hunter at the very end of the match, but it would probably be less likely to happen if the game had a more even split between hunters and hiders. I would be glad to accept the role of hunter a couple more times if that meant more balanced games from the beginning of each match, as well as the potential for quicker matches.

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    Dad, Zersara and Qwop Expert like this.
  6. I would prefer if it was 1:5 [hunter:hider] ratio like java has. It makes it more enjoyable for me to hunt since I get lots of kills and it balances it out.

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  7. Bedrock gets more players than Java bh.

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    Mothy was here likes this.
  8. That sounds good, I'll keep that in mind when we're working on the Block Hunt update.

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  9. Hey, this is an interesting idea although it's sometimes necessary as games would be stalled if a hider wasn't to be moved to hunter - since there's usually a reason for it such as a hunter leaving the game or going AFK. It can be frustrating, but as said above by @FluteVegetables, the ratio on Java works really well for this. I think making the ratio similar on Bedrock would work well for the Bedrock part of the server, so it's definitely food for thought.

Posted Oct 10, 2020
  10. Anti-afk time!

Posted Oct 10, 2020
  11. I really love the ratio like FluteVegetables mentioned on java which is 1:5. If a game were to be completely 50/50 of hiders and hunters, I can see how the ratio of 1:5 would be even more fun (keep in mind the found hiders become hunters) which usually eventually leaves very few hiders left. With that said, it’d 100% make the game more fair and enjoyable!

Posted Oct 19, 2020
  12. The ratio FluteVegetables would work only when there are as many people playing Block Hunt as there used to be, which would be around 400 players, but now the lobbies for Block Hunt are basically never filled and there are basically 5 players and one of them becomes hunter, and due to the scarcity of people for the hunter to "infect" and "convert" the game would become very long and slow-paced gameplay rather than the fun action there used to be, so I'd say 2:5 ratio would work better.

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  13. It doesn't balance it out on Bedrock.

Its much harder to play on touch, controller, and vr devices and the ratio they have is not right. The controller deficiencies naturally affect the more action-oriented gameplay of hunters far more. This is one of the big downsides to Bedrock itself, and why I cant believe total prolonged screen blackness was added to shock kit. Touch hunters vs any competent hider and you cant do a thing.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  14. I can still see with a black screen and catch up to the hiders LMFAO

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  15. Not in VR. Not with touch. Sure if the hider is terrible but Im talking average who at least knows what they are doing. You are done as a touch hunter, you have a FAR bigger chance as a touch hider.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
  16. LMAO

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    ImJoshing likes this.
  17. stop acting like you’re good at bh

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  18. bedrock has 0 good hiders so it’s fine. as long as smokebombs don’t come to bedrock. shocker remains pretty balanced right now.

Posted Oct 22, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 22, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  19. Java has this and it works perfectly fine keep in mind bedrock bh has like 10x as many players as java bh lol

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  20. While the hider-to-hunter system can get annoying, much like the player-to-alpha system in death tag, I feel there isn't much better of an alternative. In most games, there are going to be players who leave when they die and become a hunter, and as @Disgruntle said, without hiders being forced to hunt, games could stall and ruin the objective altogether.

Posted Oct 22, 2020