• 672 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3581 Players Online
  • 2909 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Delete Posts that Repeat Above (Please Read before making Assumptions)

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by ISleptOnMyKeyboard, Aug 21, 2020.

?

Good idea

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. +0

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So let me give you a bullet list of why we don't do this:

• We (Forums Team) don't care about your post count.
    • Your post count doesn't contribute to anything besides a counting number to nothing.
    • Your post count will not help you get Trainee and neither will copying posts of other people. If anything, it's very much frowned upon for those looking to get Trainee.
    • We understand it can be annoying, but thats really all there is to it. You're free to ignore these people or scroll past the post.
    • People should be careful of plagirism if anything when posting on the forums and repeating responses.

There may have been other reasons, but these have been the major ones I remember. If the person is indeed majorly off-topic/not contributing to a discussion thread, then yes, that can be deleted. We don't consider similar posts in the help section or anywhere else to be entirely bad unless they start to just do that all the time. The reason we don't find this as bad is because they're still technically "contributing" to the topic, just not in a way people would prefer.

We don't plan to start deleting posts that are similar to above responses unless it fits something that can be deleted for. I'll be locking this as we have had this discussion many times in the past and we still won't be doing this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.