• 1064 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8060 Players Online
  • 6996 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Destructor Kit - CakeWars

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Meggo, Dec 24, 2020.

?

Should they add Destructor to CakeWars?

1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No!

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. Hey! I had an idea that I wanted to see if the community liked. This would be bringing the kit from bridges pretty much into cake wars. The kit is destructor and it would be able to break blocks when u throw the pearl, which gives you a max of one at a time every 30 or so seconds. The radius of the break could vary, but this is kind of like adding fireballs but different. This isn’t replacing frosting, but it could be another achievement kit kind of like how SSM has two. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Posted Dec 24, 2020
  2. Hello! I personally don't feel this is something that Cake Wars needs. As of right now, Cake Wars has the Frosting Kit (and while not perfect) it does the job well enough and is a reward for people who grinded all the achievements. Having two kits is a little too much and I don't think it would fit the game well. Super Smash Mobs having two achievements kits is fine due to the huge amount of kits the base game has. With Cake Wars, it already has a small amount of kits and having another achievement kit would feel unbalanced. Destructor works better in Bridges and in Cake Wars this can be very overpowered and easily abused. However, I am still interested to see what the community thinks of this idea, thank you for the suggestion.

- Lucas

Posted Dec 24, 2020
  3. I'd rather have developers focus on some other games . Some games have been lacking updates for many years while CW has been getting them all the time.

Posted Dec 31, 2020
    Venez. likes this.
  4. Destructor would be insanely cancer in CW and is easily abusable.

Posted Jan 3, 2021
  5. I mean, it's definitely a pretty cool and neat idea, but I don't think that kit would work well with Cake Wars. As much as I'd like to see someone get thrown off the map by the blocks decaying around them, I think it would be too powerful for Cake Wars. Assuming this will break all blocks and not just the man placed ones it would just cause a bit of chaos and would just destroy the strategy part of the game and make it whoever throws the most pearls first at the beginning of the game wins.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm curious what other people think as well. It is for sure a very cool idea, just not one that I think would be a good addition for the current Cake Wars kits :(

Posted Jan 3, 2021
  6. I'm also with the majority of everyone else here. While a unique and interesting idea, I feel like it would end up becoming rather strong, especially because cake wars tends to have smaller maps versus the larger ones in bridges. It can become overwhelming, assuming it breaks all blocks. I can also think of using it to basically render cake defenses useless by just being able to throw a pearl right onto it.

I definitely think fleshing out the idea more would be good, but I'm also thinking they could have a limited mode where this item could be purchased or be available in some way (either as a mode that revolves specifically around the item or another addition to sugar rush); could be fun!

Posted Jan 16, 2021
  7. I can imagine this would be a very chaotic kit addition to CakeWars, while very intriguing, I think players above have summed up the major concerns. The only way I can see this really working is if it only destroyed blocks placed by players alone, in which you destroy massive bridges people build trying to get over onto your base, which honestly would be sort of nice.

I think this is a nice idea, being able to purchase the pearl (making it costly, say 50 emeralds, in order to avoid total chaos and people will be less likely to waste that many gems on the pearl early in the game) while implementing an "only breaks players blocks" as to not destroy if a team decided to stack on them throughout a long game. If you throw it at non-player built blocks it'd be a waste, but could still poison/harm players in the way. As a kit, it'd have to go through a maybe "one or two use" thing or "pearl every 5 minutes" or something to avoid total decimation.

The thing is, you may as well be using Polly the Sheep. Obviously, there is significantly less damage done and can be easily stopped, but I do think if we modified this kit/pearl to a way that prevents total abuse, it'd basically be Polly the Sheep without a time and automatic destruction to a bigger degree.

I think it could work under the right conditions, but I don't think it's a very needed addition to CakeWars. Unfortunately, I'm gonna say -1.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  8. NOPE NOPE AND NOPE

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  9. bro? this sounds fun and cool and definitely wont be added :<

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  10. Hiyaa!
    I always love seeing new kit ideas for Cake Wars however, I feel that adding a Destructor Kit to the game is unneccessary since it is very similar to the Frosting Kit, just a little more over powering in my opinion. Here are my concerns/ideas:

In the game, players are constantly bridging to other team's islands and beacons but these are usually single block bridges which allow players with arrows or snowballs to hit them off. I feel that this is really similar to the concept of the idea of the Destructor Kit, just a little more chaotic. I definitely think it would be more fun to use this kit on bigger bridges built my teams, especially people who sky base to try and knock them down though. However, as a kit I think this would be too overpowered especially if you're able to do this within 30 seconds of using which will bring me into my next point.

As I said, I think 30 seconds is not enough time because it'd be overpowered, but I also don't think it'd be fair if you'd have to wait minutes because then the kit would be kinda lame in my opinion. Without being said, I think this idea may be better fit into having an item in the emerald shop that explodes bridges rather than having a whole kit based on it. I would expect the price of emeralds to be a little higher so it won't be that over used, especially at the very beginning of games. (I saw this idea also suggested by @Worpp and @Jylie)

I still am interested to see the opinions of other people, and definitely think the overall concept of your idea is fun! I look forward to reading other replies :) At this time, I'm going to say 0, neutral on this idea!

Posted Jan 26, 2021