• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9740 Players Online
  • 6850 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Different Map/Player Group Sizes

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by SuchDinosaur, May 29, 2020.

1. Hello, I think I have a pretty good idea for Cake Wars.

Ok, so there are two gamemodes, 2*8 and 4*4.
    And sometimes i think, maybe i want smaller player groups and map sizes. So a cool thing would be either 1*8 (so you play solo) or 2*4 (so there aren´t as many players.)

I often find myself kind of "trapped" between two other teams in 2*8, and not always willing to push, because someone might take my base. A gamemode where there was half the amount of players would be a lot more clear, and not as chaotic as Cake Wars is sometimes.

By all means, I love this gamemode, but I think some variation in the amount of players at once would be very cool!

Posted May 29, 2020
  2. The main reason you're going to find of people against this (especially people with the capability to enforce these changes) is that the player base would be split. You're proposing to essentially have 4 different versions of the same exact gamemode. Our player base is sadly not large enough to support four different versions of cake wars to be running at the same time, and it could hurt CW as a whole.

Posted May 30, 2020
  3. I can totally see that, however being able to regulate the number of players on each team in your personal server on Mineplex could be an option? :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  4. I think this would be really cool, and maybe something that could be added into an MPS where you decide the team count and players on each team, but I don’t believe it should be added into public Mineplex. The player base isn’t large enough and adding two more game modes would split it up even more.

Posted May 30, 2020
  5. I definitely agree on that one!

OP OP
  6. I like your idea but I have to agree with everyone else. The player base is unfortunately not big enough. However, saying this maybe they could add this to the MPS so friends could play it if they wish to.
    Stay Safe,
    J4ckiboy

Posted May 30, 2020
  7. I know me and my friends would enjoy it a lot if we were able to customize it in MPS at least :D We currently have our own server with a bedwars map we play it on.

OP OP
  8. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be able to do this already in an MPS. You can turn team balancing off, and then play 1x4 or 1x8 if you would like to. Team balancing is an option in the MPS settings and if you turn it off, you get more control over team size and who is on each team.

Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and SuchDinosaur like this.
  9. Wow, I didn´t know that. Yes that´s good, I will try it out!

OP OP