• 504 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2573 Players Online
  • 2069 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Digital Watercolor pt. 2

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Ahoy!

I decided to post art here for the first time in a while! I've been doing a lot of work in "digital watercolor" using a Mac trackpad, Photoshop CC & custom brushes I made that simulate pen pressure, opacity shifts and vivid textures.

For reference, this is the previous thread from Nov. 2018 (so no commenting, etc.):
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/digital-watercolor-art.14102/

[​IMG]

I've been working on a collection of these illustrations to be paired with my memoirs (I'm writing/designing, etc. a visual novel)

-The artist formerly known as Banksy

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Slipest and Wanderer like this.
  2. Amazing work again Ian! It reminds me a lot of my experiences recently in Europe, especially when exploring the dark shoppe alleyways in Münich. Keep up with your amazing pieces!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. Incredible like always, Ian. I also see some sort of street or shops like Voca. It looks like the lights in the street are being absorbed by the darkness. Really digging that dark atmosphere. Was there anything specific (like a scene in your visual novel) that inspired you to create this piece?

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  4. Hey!

I personally love art, but I am bad at all drawing types of art. This looks so cool and I am interpreting so many things from this, mainly a Lion. Ever since I saw it, i've thought that it looks like a Lion, but it's much more than that, it's hard to explain since everyone will interpret it differently, but this is what art is. I like how this can be interpreted in many different ways and I think this is great. Keep it up! :D

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  5. That is an amazing drawing that you have! I love all the colorful drawings that you put which is lovely. I have the similarities like what Vocal said above. It reminds me that I went to the Europe trip last week. When I try to look at the picture closely, it looks like it is a big river and the bridge.

Overall, I want to say that your art looks fantastic! Keep up the great work! :)

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. Hi Lili! Foremost, cheers for your constant support. You and @Vocaloiid pretty much got my intention, and though art is completely subjective, I did base this artwork off a side-street I saw while in Jerusalem. I did a quick sketch at the time and worked on it when I got home, coloring it was my favorite part! Everything else you said is completely in unity with the concept. I choose to do this one in particular because I'd had difficulties with anxiety & panic earlier - this captured my emotional atmosphere.

Also, @Animalll & @Phamtastic - so much appreciated <3 It's completely up to interpretation, and even my meaning does not have to be anyone else's final say... everything is valid whether I agree or not. I'll always acknowledge these ideas, great thinking!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.