• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Disable tracking compass in Block Hunt

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by afterfive, Dec 18, 2019.

?

Should the Tracker Compass be disabled?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. As I've played a lot of Block Hunt I've also spent a lot of time looking for the best spots. These spots usually are good enough to last me through the game so nobody finds me but sometimes I see hunters leave and rejoin the game shortly before it ends and when I play the same map again they go straight to the spot I was hiding at. This just ruins the purpose of hiding and looking for good spots and generally makes the game less enjoyable.
    My solution to this would be to disable the tracking compass for all non-staff players. This would also solve a lot of other problems like ghosting.
    Edit: Removing the hiders team on the compass would also be good enough.

Posted Dec 18, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 19, 2019
    kim_crazy, xSusieLove, Xukuwu and 2 others like this.
  2. Block Hunt is a PVP game, despite its name. If you cant hide, fight and run... learn to. Or play a different game. Your entitled, biased idea would fundamentally destroy Block Hunt as we know it.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  3. What is being said is that players who leave and rejoin just before the game ends are taking advantage of the spectating role to see your op spot and he wants to mitigate this abuse of spectator power.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    afterfive and crazygeek516 like this.
  4. He means disabling the tracking compass for spectators, because sometimes a hunter will leave the game and join again as a spectator so they can find your hiding spot and easily kill you the next time your playing on that map. Disabling the tracking compass for spectators wouldn't hurt gameplay at all.

Posted Dec 18, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 19, 2019
    afterfive likes this.
  5. I see this as a bad idea. This is because I use the tracking compass as a spectator to find players glitch abusing or hacking to record them and report them here on the forums. What I think would be good, and what works with your idea, is to remove the tracking compass for players who leave mid-game. People who do /spec before the game starts would keep the compass, but players who leave in the middle or near the end of the game to find hiders would not be able to use it.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    FluteVegetables and mab8400 like this.
  6. I think this would not be the best idea because of what Zomb said above, I use the compass frequently in order to catch people exploiting glitches, I would not be able to do it without it. I also gather evidence of ESPers so that when the rule changes (hopefully) I can provide proof. I actually do the thing you have said above because I find it helps me with new hiding spots as well as where hiders may be; especially since some spots are wayyy too difficult for the average player to find. Some spots cannot be found with a radar because of their height, so it would mean that kit would become useless in the situation. This can also be countered by simply asking someone where a spot is or following off of spawn to their area. I think that having an OP spot to afk in defeats the purpose of the game, as it becomes boring and non-competitive. Competition is what holds a multi-person activity together. Likewise, these games are not about sitting in place and doing nothing to get wins, they are about being engaging, strategic, and interactive with other players. Hope the feedback helps, I see what your frustration is.

Posted Dec 18, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 18, 2019
  7. you’re talking about bedrock, not java. bedrock is wildly different than java in that it’s a ton easier due to the players (meaning you basically run around rampantly with hyper axe). five is talking about the hunters who leave and return to spectate the game last second.

to get on topic, I definitely agree with this idea. i think keeping the option to spectate is always a good idea but getting rid of the tracking compass is a good idea.

back to what @mab8400 said, I think the option to spec hunters is a good idea(meaning that the option to teleport to hiders is gone). it would only be hard to catch baby chickens or invis hiders. i think mods need to be a bit more attentive to BH because right now, from what I’ve seen, they seem to go to cakewars or skywars first idk if that’s just me or not.
    --- Post updated ---
    overall +0.5

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    afterfive and _Zomb_ like this.
  8. Although it's not a bad idea, I'm going to have to disagree because of @_Zomb_'s reasoning. More often than not there is some kind of hacker or bug abuser in a game of Block Hunt. Usually, the only way to know who is abusing a bug or hacking is if they kill you whilst doing so. When using the tracking compass as a spectator, you can effectively record video evidence of said person hacking or bug abusing by clicking on their name and teleporting to them whilst recording. While the tracking compass definitely is abused at times by hunters, I support Zomb's suggestion of making the tracking compass available only for players who have done /spec before the game starts. While this may still cause players to do the same thing that you're stating, I think it will most definitely happen less frequently. This is because, in order to do this, the player will have to sit out for an entire game as a spectator instead of getting to play the game.

Ultimately, I don't think that entirely removing the tracking compass is the right thing to do. I think that it should only be available for those who have chosen to do /spec before the game begins.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
  9. I see your point but you can also use a lot of dofferent options like the staffrequest community to report people. Disabling the tracker compass for people who leave and rejoin would be a good idea but i don’t know if it’s possible to implement it.

esp will probably never get bannable because of how hard it is to prove.
    I intentionally search for the hardest spots to find so that i can survive the entire game without moving, otherwise i wouldn’t have gotten wins. In the past only the best hunters knew the spots i or other hiders used but nowadays anyone can find out where they are especially since hunting has become so common. Your point of competition also applies to hunters. The game shouldn’t be easy enough to find a hider who has been playing the game for a long time with almost no experience. There are a lot of hunting strategies but these are already spoken about in another thread.

I definitely agree with this.

Lets see if there are any other opinions on this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 19, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.
  10. Yeah my bad. I saw the post in the sidebar and jumped to conclusions.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  11. I at first thought the same thing lmao

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  12. My biggest problem with reporting people in staffrequest for these glitches are people who are in staffrequest already. Staffrequest itself is not fully regulated and anyone who uses glitches regularly is in the community. The easiest example I can think of off the top of my head is SpicyMarlball/ThatsBannable and any of her other 5 accounts. Glitch abuses constantly, and has her alts in staffrequest so when she gets banned on one account, gets on another, then if she does it again and is reported in staffrequest, leaves the game so they aren't caught.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  13. Mixed feelings on the idea.
    On one hand, I feel like this problem isn’t that common on block hunt. Hunters would have to leave and re-join, as well as keep track of the players in their current game as people are always cycling out in-between games. They’d also have to wait for the map to re-appear again. Seems like a lot of work to be a common problem. With the negatives mentioned above regarding spectating glitch abusers and hackers, part of me feels like it wouldn’t be worth removing the ability to spectate hiders.

On the other hand, I can see why this is unfair. If it does happen, it certainly would be annoying. The game is designed to be played by hiding, running, and attacking. This would completely remove the hiding aspect of the game.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
  14. No because then we wouldnt be able to catch invis abusers like song of the south LOL

Posted Dec 20, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  15. If a spot is "OP" meaning "over-powered" then there is an implication that it needs to be nerfed. Having a spot that nobody knows about and "can't know about" (based on what has been suggested) is basically abusing the system in itself. A hider would win every single game if this happened, which is obviously not balanced. I don't think afking in a spot for 6 minutes 30 times a day is really deserving of reward. People who play interactive, competitive games are more deserving because it promotes a hard work ethic. Sitting in place farming wins seems a bit unfair to people who level in other games that they are actually doing something in.
    --- Post updated ---
    And I agree, competition on both sides is the best. For both hunters and hiders, I never said there would not be competition for hunters. Playing a game where you do not actually do anything but are rewarded does not seem fair in comparison to someone who is actually active in playing the game. There are plenty of games I have played as a hunter and I check these good spots and no one is there, yet I still lose the battle because the hiders are able to strategically move around to different hiding spots. You are right, the game should not be easy for hunters, nor easy for hiders, it should be difficult and strategic on both sides, as any game ever invented has always tried to be. I also intentionally search for the hardest spots in order to hide in games or have a place to search as a hunter. However, I do not afk farming wins, that seems very unfair to someone who has gotten wins by putting actual effort into each and every game they have been in.

There is a way to 100% with certainty know that a player is using tracers/esp, but it requires breaking a rule that I will not say here.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
  16. I believe this statement is wrong. The whole point of the hiders team is to find a good spot and use it to win. If you die and don't win, it isn't a good spot. If you win and no one finds you, it's a good spot that you could use in the future. Spectating to find players when you cannot find them as a hunter is simply a way to show that it's a good spot that can no longer be used. The point of hiders is not to kill the hunters, though it may turn out that way in most games, it's to hide. It's in the team name, tbf. There are plenty of other games on mineplex that are meant for teams killing each other, fighting back.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  17. Honestly I'm very very torn on this issue, I'll list some pros and cons that came to mind while reading everyone's comments. Getting rid of the tracker PROS: Get rid of ghosting, get rid of hunters using the spec method to find good hider spots, get rid of hiders using the spec method to find good hider spots, encourage hiders to work hard to find good spots, encourage hunters to work hard to find good hider spots, potentially make it easier to determine someone is using ESP since they cant be using ghosting, would make the game more competitive for hunters CONS: Would make it harder to find hiders cheating, would make it harder to find hunters cheating, would make the game less competitive for hiders... Ultimately it kind of boils down to the age old question of how you think the game should be played.. should the game be played like classic childhood hide and seek where working hard to find good spots is rewarded?.. or should should it be played like a warzone where working hard to strafe hunters is rewarded...? It really is a tough question.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    afterfive and FluteVegetables like this.