• 292 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6702 Players Online
  • 6410 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Disabling taunts?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Glitchy, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. think we could maybe give players the ability to disable taunts? Cause in a game of SSM just now the opponent was constantly using the ;) taunt and aggravating everyone then proceeded to taunt them verbally, this is proving to make players toxic so it seems wise to give the option to disable seeing them

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  2. This idea has already been created and is currently being discussed here

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  3. I don't think it's really that necessary to implement a whole another preference just for disabling taunts (on your side). Personally, I don't have much of an issue with taunts and other people using them, because, in the end, it's more of a joke and a silly cosmetic. I've seen others get affected by them so I can see where you're coming from but implementing a preference for this probably wouldn't be the best solution. If a player is being toxic/rude to you in chat (without the taunt), I advise you to go ahead and /report them or get evidence of it and report them at www.mineplex.com/reports.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    jacvb, Danese and UwUBladings like this.
  4. Taunts are to kind of trigger the other person, why they are called taunts (taunting) it's the only way to be toxic with staying in the rules. It's what I do if someone is actually being toxic in game, I hope they never remove it OR make it toggable

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  5. You’re part of the problem then

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 16, 2019
  6. Hi
    I have certainly seen players been irritated by taunts but I don't think it's necessary to implement a feature to prevent that from occurring. An easy solution that would not require any new feature would be to ignore the taunt.

Taunts on this network should not bother you, specifically because Mineplex is not the type of server to create a taunt that could interrupt gameplay or offend/annoy somebody purposefully. Viewing the taunts, I don't see any reason to be annoyed - other than someone spamming it, which isn't actually possible as a result of the cooldowns. If you and others are annoyed simply by the fact that somebody is using them whenever they can, that doesn't seem like a problem worth implementing a new setting in a player's preferences for. It's easy enough to ignore chat and continue to play the game.

If using taunts is causing a player to lash out, I'm going to be completely honest by saying that's more of a them problem. Having played a lot of games on Mineplex, typically people are frustrated by taunts or other innocent things because they're frustrated by losing, or something unrelated to the subject. That requires a tweak more on the attitude side. (If someone's taunting you through text, or anything else that isn't in the cosmetics menu, that is an issue and can be reported here.)

Posted Aug 16, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 19, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  7. ever seen the "is this easy mode" taunt? yeah there you go

OP OP
  8. I don't really see taunts as that big of a distraction, it's only a couple of times where people can use their taunt in the chat because of the cooldown it has. Also, like @Nolawn/Shaiym said, I don't think it would be a good idea to implement an entire new preference just for this.

I personally think taunts are more of a fun and humorous cosmetic, so I don't think we should make the devs waste their time for just this. So it's a -1 from me. And if you want to report someone for General Rudeness, you can report them at www.mineplex.com/reports like Nolawn said above my post.

Hope this helped. :)

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  9. Yeah Toxicity is up because of the taunts, I don’t see how this is okay, need I remind you how there was outcry when Mineplex made cannibalism a theme in the building game? The devs don’t always have great ideas, so I wouldn’t be so quick to defend them

OP OP
  10. This could be pretty helpful for people that are annoyed with taunts, but I don't think a lot of people will use the pref, so it would just be a waste of time for the devs, when they could fix a glitch instead.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  11. Since when is Mineplex responsible for your emotions? You should grow up and mature from this experience instead of getting triggered. The fact that the opponent is constantly using the taunt and you're getting triggered from it could indicate that you got rekt by him multiple times. In that case, keep practicing and get better at the game until you can taunt him back.

Alternatively, you can join another SSM lobby or turn off chat entirely; escapism. Of course, that would mean proving yourself to be weak in the first place.

I've had my fair share of getting taunted by both weak and strong players. It feels extremely satisfying when I could rekt the weak players that taunted everyone throughout the game. As for the strong players who taunt and rekt me, sure, I got frustrated. But I deserved it :p

Best I could do is move on and get better at the game. Now, taunts don't affect me much anymore and I'm sure if you'd just control your emotions, you won't get affected too. So chill, it's just a game.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    canqda likes this.
  12. Okay buddy, this is what I would do if taunts weren't in the game, *Someone somehow kills me* Them *HAHAHA TRASH GO DIE ALONE YOUR BAD* me: *does nothing* so instead of me just doing nothing I could just /taunt sooooooo.... also instead of people being ultra toxic they can just /taunt so...... I won't stop being "apart of the problem" if this is how you think, then I won't get in your way

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  13. I suggest we could just make it so /taunts are also ignored by players you /ignore. So lets say you do, "/ignore player018" and the player does /taunt, you wouldn't see the taunt because you ignored the player.

There seems to be a reoccurring theme I've seen with players that make these threads, saying that the player that /taunted also verbally taunted them or was toxic in some way. While this is just my suggestion to this whole thing since so many people want /taunts disabled or gone, I do believe it will greatly increase the players enjoyment on the server.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    leo_thya, cernsie and Jango_55 like this.
  14. Hey!

I see players often on the forums complaining about taunts, saying they are toxic and such. So, this is actually a good idea, making the player able to Ignore taunts completely would actually be quite nice. I think they should implement it through the cosmetic chest. Such as in the taunts menu, an emerald block that indicates that you can see taunts from players, and a red stone block indicated that you won't see them. I think this will make people happy if this got implemented because players are starting to dislike the taunts and want them removed.

Overall great idea!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  15. I think it's a good idea to give players the option to disable taunts. Ever since they were added the've gotten quite annoying and honestly they are pretty toxic and sometimes you just dont want to get 'taunted' if you know what i mean, i think this is a great idea and would be pretty nice.

======
    IGN: TheProTroller
    Discord: TheProTroller#4546
    email: [email protected]
    =====
    Message me on here if you need anything at all!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  16. You shouldn't take that seriously, and if you do, just ignore chat or don't react.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    canqda likes this.
  17. Must I remind you that Mineplex literally has rules in place to do just that? Not that taunts effect me, but the Easy Mode taunt is pretty toxic. I don’t see how just because you make a toxic phrase now a taunt, it’s now just a joke and isn’t toxic.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  18. I get mildly annoyed by it, however, I’ve seen that taunt aggravate people to the point they get muted

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2019
  19. I don't feel it is necessary, just ignore it.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  20. Not everyone can do that, that’s why I suggested giving the option to mute taunts

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.