• 2732 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8253 Players Online
  • 5521 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Disasters Gamemode

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Bishop Gragner Smith, May 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hey,

So alot of people have been asking me what happened to the brilliantly unique disasters gamemode, - well actually, a couple of servers have hosted this gamemode and they have shut down - BUT - the disasters gamemode has come back! Yep you can play it again! You can google -snip- to find out more info on how to play and get a feel for the game, but i feel like an addition of this gamemode would be a very interesting experience here!

Posted May 15, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 15, 2021
  2. Honestly I would for sure play this game on Mineplex. I've seen it on some YouTuber's servers and it looks quite enjoyable. We don't have many PvE games and I think this would be a fun addition!

Posted May 15, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  3. can someone explain to me what this is

Posted May 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Assuming you mean a gamemode that makes disasters arise (take shelter because a tornado is coming, leave the shelter because it caught on fire, find food because now there's a famine etc.) then I totally think this would be a great game to add to the server!
    Many of our games are pvp based, which I have a tendency to not enjoy. I would love a game where everyone is playing against the server, kind of like mob arena on bedrock.

Anyways, I fully support this idea! This type of gamemode has had success even on games outside of Minecraft, it's pretty common, in a good way.

Posted May 15, 2021
    Genellee and Amg like this.
  5. Hi! Thank you for taking the time to make this thread and idea suggestion! Going off of what Emiliee said in her response above, if a natural disasters game mode is what you’re referring to, I would absolutely love to see something like this added to the Network! More of recently, I have found myself to be enjoying less pvp-related games, so seeing a new game like this would be wonderful and probably really fun! I would also have to agree with Emilie, it would be really nice to see a player vs. server game on our Java Platform, like our Mob Arena on Bedrock. All in all, this game mode brings back nostalgia for me because I remember watching these types of videos growing up. I personally feel that this type of game could stir interest in the community for sure! I’m a huge fan of this idea if you couldn’t already tell, so I hope to see this potentially implemented. Great idea suggestion! +1

Posted May 16, 2021
  6. Mob arena on Bedrock sucks. I'm not saying it should be removed, just maybe in a combined npc with other pvserver games.

if thats what this is, then I fully support it. The only non-pvp games are dragons, master and speed builders, and mob arena. I think we need another one like that, and this could be good. =D

Posted May 16, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 16, 2021
  7. Yes, the only place i know to play this is a different java server called south hollow, and it only have like, 5 members. If this were added to mineplex, they would def get new players and if it were brought to bedrock it would be great! with the new devs coming in this month, its the perfect thing to have them do! Would be great for that summer update people are talking about! Please add this!

Posted May 16, 2021
  8. Hey,

Going off of what Emiliee said, I love this idea for a few reasons, first of all it just seems generally enjoyable and realistic. Mineplex is entirely Mini Game / PvP heavy, and I could see a lot of benefit in expanding to a more PvE style for the users who don't like PvP games as much. A natural disasters type of game is something I personally have never watched or seen on Minecraft, and that makes it all the more intriguing for me. With a game as open-ended as this seems to be, there's bound to be many ways Mineplex could make a unique gamemode based off of this idea and make it an enjoyable experience for everyone, and potentially even welcome in a new group of community members that are more casually and PvE inclined.

In the end, I really enjoy how unique a gamemode of this type would be. It totally goes in a different direction from anything Java Mineplex has to offer, and I'm all for that and personal thing that's exactly what Mineplex needs right now, it would be an extremely welcomed change. Great suggestion, I really hope to see this idea is considered for the future.

Posted May 21, 2021
  9. I really like this idea. I have seen it on other smaller servers and it would be cool to have on mineplex. Also for a bigger server this doesn’t really exist so it would be more unique also. At some point I could see this possibly work on bedrock also.

Posted May 21, 2021
  10. Yea, i think it should go to bedrock first due to the player count, more the bettr for this game.

Posted May 21, 2021
  11. I personally think it could go on either first because it depends on the developers and how fast they can get it done.

Posted May 21, 2021
    Genellee likes this.
  12. 800 players Vs 10k, not hard choice. Both should have it tho

Posted May 21, 2021
    traincar100 likes this.