• 1335 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1335 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Disguise Command for Higher Ranks

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Cloudy, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Hey guys! Tbh this is something I’ve been wanting to suggest for a while now. Disguise commands (nick commands) would be so awesome in game to avoid targeting and maybe just to have some fun. If not a disguise command to change your ign, just a setting in the Mineplex Settings where you can select to remove your rank in game would be really effective and easy. As of right now you can only downgrade which rank you want so you can’t remove your rank entirely. Just a suggestion for the future! Let me know if you think this is also a decent idea haha.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Kippy_, Carlo0023, WowCaleb and 4 others like this.
  2. I feel like the ability to change your nick could (and would) be abused a lot, so if you're suggesting that for the public, it's a -1 from me.
    However if it's only changing your rank, that would be amazing (even though i don't have a rank) as it would reduce targeting. I often catch myself targeting random team just because they have a guy with a rank. +1 for that idea.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Kalthor17 and TheArrow'sShadow like this.
  3. I personally do like the idea of a disguise command. However, the issue of it being abused too easily and interfering with punishments remains. If people nicked to have the same IGN as someone, and were hacking, then the innocent player would be banned instead of the hacker. This has always been an issue with the idea of a nick command. It could also be abused way too easily and there wouldn’t really be a way to prevent people from using inappropriate nicknames. Alternatively, I think something like the Immortal disguise command could work on bedrock. The command randomizes the IGN, and players can therefore not have the same IGN as someone, and not have an inappropriate one. I think this would really be cool to see on bedrock. As for the default rank option, I don’t really see any issues with this. Personally, me having a rank and all, I find targeting by very frustrating, and it would be really nice to be able to change to have no rank. The idea has been denied before, but I don’t think the reasoning still stands, as we do have a new developer. I suppose the only issue I can see is that of it not exactly being necessary, but it would be a nice little change to have. All and all, both of these seem like pretty good ideas.

Posted Oct 21, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 22, 2020
    Kalthor17, Valucia, WowCaleb and 2 others like this.
  4. Hey! Yes this perm would only be for ranked players like Lord/Lady and Duke/Duchess. After reading you and LT's replies I think the format should be something similar to Hypixel's. Where there is a maximum of 3 /nick's a day. That could prevent abuse. Also, I think that staff members should be able to see the nick's players real IGN if that is even possible to implement lmao. Thanks for the feedback thought <3<3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2020
    xGetRekted and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  5. I don't particularly agree with the /nick idea, where I'm assuming you mean put in your own nickname? Maybe if you did /nick and it gave you a random IGN instead of one you choose, as previously stated, that could be abused, even with the ranked players. I do like the idea of being able to completely hide your rank however, as targeting can get frustrating after a while. Personally I don't mind that much, but I understand that a lot of people would rather not have an entire game of people after them just because they're ranked. Overall, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up sooner. Great idea! +1

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Cloudy likes this.
  6. Hey!

I like the idea and it's obvious you've put some thought into it, but I would rather see something more similar to the Immortal disguise perk on Java. The issue with the feature you're proposing is that you'd be able to choose the name, which would open up a whole other area of moderation for staff members. One thing is impersonation, of staff members or "prominent" community members that players would recognise. Even if the system didn't allow you to disguise using an existing player's name, you could easily tweak some of the characters and confuse people. At the moment, impersonating a staff member falls under chat trolling and it's something we see very minimal amounts of, so I wouldn't be too partial to the idea of seeing this more regularly. There's also the risk of players choosing usernames that could be skewed as inappropriate. Again, even if the system didn't allow you to, unfortunately there will always be a way to circumvent a filter.

I'm also not too on board with the fact that you could just purchase a rank and automatically have access to the perk. On Java, the perk costs 65,000 points in the Immortal loyalty shop. You earn more points with each month that you continue subscribing to Immortal - that's why it's called a loyalty shop. Even players who have subscribed from the very beginning don't have 65,000 points on Java yet. My point here is there's at least some level of dedication to Mineplex - no matter how much money you have in your pocket, you're going to have to wait months before you have access to it. There will never be a way to completely eliminate the risk of players abusing the perk, but the system I've just described is a surefire way of reducing it. The people left at the end with the perk are the ones who've waited a long time with a continued subscription.

I would much prefer to implement some sort of loyalty shop on Bedrock to gain access to this perk (or even replicate the entire system on Java and implement the Immortal rank itself). The idea of having a random username is much more favourable and makes things a lot easier on our end too, while still serving its purpose of preventing targeting and having a secret identity. I do really like what you've come up with, but I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at the end of the day.

One last thing I'd like to do is shoot down some of the disadvantages other people have mentioned due to misinformation. Some have said this would interfere with punishments and result in an innocent player getting banned. This just wouldn't be possible based on how the system would be developed. I can't go into the specifics because I don't even know them myself, but what I do know is that you don't have to worry about issues with punishments and whatnot.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  7. Agreed on every point up there lmao^. Tbh I really didn't plan out what I thought would work best for the server entirely. But I am glad people could read this and share opinions. Now I know that the idea could very well be considered lmao. :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2020
  8. As was stated a lot, I feel a /disguise command should be a privilege so that it doesn't get abused. Making it available to those with a certain donor rank can make it something to be strived toward rather than assumed.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  9. I am very mixed on giving any rank a disguise command. There are so many possible problems associated with disguise or nicknames, and it would just take staff members longer to deal with issues. I also don't feel like a disguise system is entirely needed on Bedrock at the moment. I believe I have only been targeted once in a game, and that was by another ranked player. From what I have seen, the only two groups of ranked players that get targeted is staff and content creators.

I do like the idea of adding an option to switch your rank to a no rank, if you didn't want players to see your rank. There should really be no issues with players just switching there rank, as that does not affect anything other than what other players can see in front of their name.

With all this being said, I am not 100% against a disguise system. The truth of the matter is because Mineplex has never had a disguise system for regular players, there is truly no way to see how it would work. I would be open for discussing this more once Immortals on Java can begin purchasing disguise, and see how it works on there. If there are a ton of problems, I would completely be against it for Bedrock, but if it runs smoothly and staff don't have any major issues with it, I could support discussing it more.

To summarize, I am not a big fan of the idea, but I can't give a firm yes or no until I see how it works on Java. I do fully support a way to switch your rank to no rank on Bedrock though, and hope that is something we could look into!

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  10. You know Mineplex could make it so your nick can’t be a players name smh. Although I do agree about a disguise/nickname system for players with ranks.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  11. I know, I stated later on in my post that Mineplex could make it so that the nickname was randomized, and therefore people wouldn’t be able to make their nicknames someone’s actual IGN. They’ve done this with the Immortal disguise command, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with this. But yes, I do realize that they could make it so that players can’t have the same nicks as other player’s IGNs. I did state this in my post, as I was acknowledging the possible issues with the command, and I then gave the solution of the nicknames being randomized.

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  12. I definitely think this idea has great intent behind it, but as many others have stated, could be easily abused. Though suggestions have been made, I personally think that the /disguise command should remain an immortal perk only, as it has been introduced as such, and opening it to a wider variety would devalue the perk and make it not as rewarding to have. However, how that translates over to bedrock, I cannot comment on, as the implementation of a loyalty point shop is yet to be seen, which I think should be implemented before such features can be introduced there.

I do think, however, that the idea of having your rank be something that can be turned or off for displaying purposes is an excellent idea, and would be a more efficient approach that can be given to all ranks in /pref. This would address the issue of being targeted behind rank, but it does not unfortunately address being targeted by name. Implementing a variation on the nick command could be a solution for that, combined with @LT Tombstone 77 suggestion of disallowing existing IGNs.

Great suggestion though, I agree with a partial implementation of it!

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  13. I think just being able to change your rank should be fine, as I've gotten targetted in skywars way too many times, so I think that might be fine to add since the ranks don't really change anything when it comes to punishments and the content creators and the staff team can have the full-on /nick and /disguise as well.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  14. I also get targeted and sometimes it’s cross-teamer’s so I get to report them ;)

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    TheArrow'sShadow likes this.
  15. I do like this idea! People are already able to do this on Java via the Immortal Shop, so why not have a way to do it on Bedrock? I get that getting targeted because of a rank can be super annoying, it happens to a lot of us, that is why I support you saying that there should be a way to hide a rank. I feel that people should have the ability to hide their ranks if they so please, and that a full disguise command should be only available for the highest rank.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  16. They should consider your rank a cosmetic. /deactivate (rank name) and to re-activate your rank you do /activate (rank name). They should also add a /purchase command.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    TheArrow'sShadow likes this.