• 83 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1398 Players Online
  • 1315 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Do You Own A Desktop or a Laptop? Why?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Kindnessaj, Jan 7, 2022.

1. I just own a Desktop honestly, I just don’t have a laptop and though I hope to get one because I really do need it for a lot of different things, I don’t have one yet. Regardless, that doesn’t mean that I don’t like using a Desktop, I mean seriously, I love this computer with an absolute passion, and though it may be a few years old it still runs Minecraft really well. Plus, it has a pretty good amount of space that I really do doubt I’m gonna run out of anytime soon, so with that out of the way I really like this computer. Now as to why I have a Desktop is pretty simple, it’s the computer I was given a long time ago, essentially the younger me about 6ish years ago maybe 7 decided she wanted to play games and used this computer. Now of course at the time the computer wasn’t fully mine, but eventually I was slowly but surely given this computer bit by bit as the years went by, until eventually it became fully mine and now sits in my room. What about you? Do you own a Desktop or a Laptop? Any reason for that?

Posted Jan 7, 2022
    Eqsa and N0TVexx like this.
  2. desktop
    Keyboard & mouse are better on a desktop, 8f maybe not the speaker
    Also desktop generally runs faster

Posted Jan 7, 2022
    N0TVexx and Kindnessaj like this.
  3. I own a desktop. Back in 2013-2018 I played on a pretty bad 20fps laptop on Mineplex. It was a real pain, but it made having a decent PC a lot more enjoyable afterwards. I chose to build a PC because I felt it would save me money while also giving me the rewards. I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything, I just needed something good to run a few games, and also do schoolwork without taking 15 minutes to load a tab, so my PC has been able to do all of that very well and I have no regrets.

Posted Jan 7, 2022
    Harrry, N0TVexx and Kindnessaj like this.
  4. I own a desktop and 70% of it is in my ownership, 30% of it is parents, I share with them because they use it for other important purposes.

Posted Jan 8, 2022
    N0TVexx and Kindnessaj like this.
  5. A PC where you can't have two things open??

Desktop FTW

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    N0TVexx, Kindnessaj and Eqsa like this.
  6. I use a desktop, which I built myself back in August. I chose to build a desktop instead of buying a laptop since I don’t travel much (especially in these Covid times) and I wanted to learn how a computer works and how to build one. Also, the parts I found and later built with were much more powerful than a laptop’s specs, so I have much better performance now than I would have had on a laptop.

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    N0TVexx, Cepheus and Kindnessaj like this.
  7. tbh yeah yknow what the PC is trying it's best lol

Posted Jan 9, 2022
  8. I own both but I primarily use my desktop. I like having plenty of storage and being able to use multiple monitors, it makes it very easy to open a lot of tabs and keep track of them. I play a lot of games too and having a desktop makes them run faster than a laptop would. We do have pretty common power outages here though so I use my laptop moderately often.

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  9. I had a laptop for YEARS, it was a more powerful laptop of its time (like 2010) so it lasted me so long, and still chills in my room. While I couldn't play any very demanding games, I could play games such as Paladins, League of Legends, and other small games. Other than that, I'd use it for Youtube, Netflix, school, etc.

In June 2020 I got my first ever desktop pc, and boy do I love it. I've upgraded it a little bit over the past two years and worked on my setup but it allowed me to finally play games I was never able to before - while I had a PS3 and PS4, all the newer games didn't run that well but they looked amazing on my pc. I vividly remember the first games I played - GTA V and Bright Memory. Especially BM, a game with beautiful visuals, I was taken aback. I always wanted to get a pc to play all the games I couldn't so I'm very happy with where I am now.

Other than games, I also use my new pc for school and art, it can finally run Adobe programs, like Photoshop and After Effects, really well without crashing or being ridiculously slow so that's always a plus. :)

Posted Jan 9, 2022
  10. Both. I used to play games on my laptop, but it ended up turning into a school laptop now since I have a desktop that is so much better than the laptop. It's so hard trying to keep school and games on one PC/laptop, especially when those games can get distracting...

Posted Jan 16, 2022
    N0TVexx, _ItsMusic_ and Kindnessaj like this.
  11. I own a desktop, and here's why:

Personally, I think a desktop PC is a way better investment. The gaming laptops are ridiculously priced, and you can build a way better desktop for that money. The desktop I have only ran me about $1500, which isn't a lot compared to some of the gaming laptops out there. Some of the gaming laptops can run you around $3000 to $5000, in my mind that is absolutely horrendous, and you can build a far better desktop for that price.

Another reason I use a desktop is that I play games that are high definition that a laptop wouldn't be great at running. If you're only playing games like Minecraft or Roblox, you can get away with using a lower-end laptop simply because it doesn't put the machine under a ton of stress. If you're wanting to play higher definition games, I suggest building a desktop, as the machine can take a lot more stress and heat than a laptop can.

Posted Jan 16, 2022
  12. Hi
    I use a laptop personally. I use it mostly for school, and that’s because it’s just a lot more convenient and portable for me. I can easily be at my desk or be elsewhere and it’s not a huge deal. It’s not great for video games but it’s not horrible. I do sometimes wish I had a computer that could handle games better but since Minecraft is really the only computer game I play, it’s good enough for me. :^)

Posted Jan 16, 2022
    N0TVexx, Kindnessaj and Niqhtys like this.
  13. I personally own both (except my desktop could have just died so rip). I mostly use my desktop for playing pc games, because I play a lot of steam games so it's just easier to use my desktop. However, for anything else I use my laptop. With me being in college right now and now having access to my desktop the majority of the time I have been getting more use to using my laptop for absolutely everything.

Posted Jan 16, 2022
  14. I own both a laptop and a desktop. I do about 5% of schoolwork on my desktop because I sometimes want the luxury of being able to use both monitors and about 95% gaming with PC games that wouldn't work as well on my laptop. My laptop is strictly for schoolwork and it is very convenient to be able to take my laptop everywhere so I don't have to do work from home.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  15. I own a laptop, but since my machine doesn’t have a mux switch (switchable graphics) it means I have to use an external display and turn off the laptop screen. The benefits of this is that i can get more fps with an external screen than using the one built into the laptop, so I’m taking full advantage of my graphics card. I use both Logitech keyboard and mouse and it’s honestly a cool little gaming machine, it doesn’t have the performance of a full desktop but for Minecraft and maybe some Forza horizon 5 it works out quite well!

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  16. I have a laptop for college work and a PC for gaming, keeps the two separate and means I can focus only on what I want to at any given time

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  17. I was planning on building my own pc, but since I’m in college I decided to get a laptop so I can carry it around and do staff duties whenever I want :)

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  18. Back in 2013 I played mineplex on a very old 2007 laptop. After a few years I switched to pocket edition, which soon became bedrock, where I played mineplex bedrock there. A couple years later I got an Xbox, which I used up from 2017-last week. I realized my old pc (2017 core i3 ) was able to run minecraft. I am using that now

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  19. I've always owned a laptop, never had a desktop and sometimes I wish I did. However, laptops are really easy to manage and very portable. If I had a desktop, I'd be restricted to one location whereas having a laptop I can do my work from anywhere. In my opinion, it's crucial to have a laptop in college as you can do all of your work from virtually anywhere. The library, a cafe, your bed, your desk, on the floor if you really wanted to lol. It's incredibly useful and I can take it with me anywhere which is why I really like laptops. :)

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj and Niqhtys like this.
  20. desktop cause it breaks less easy

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.