• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3308 Players Online
  • 3308 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Does anyone actually know what the owners are doing?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by EpicEnderDragon1, Apr 24, 2021.

1. When's the last time defek7, strutt20, or sterling_ have ever made a post to the community regarding Mineplex? 2 years? 3 years? I'm pretty sure the last time any of the made a post regarding mineplex was back in late 2018 when the new website was made. Other than that, we've been completely in the dark as to what they're doing. At least with Hypixel, the owner regularly interacts with people on the forums and in-game which is pretty cool. As for Mineplex though, I don't think either of them have logged on in-game for 3+ years. Obviously it isn't mandatory for the owners to make any posts or anything, but I do find it a bit strange. I suppose hypixel is the outlier tho, as most server owners rarely interact with their community.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  2. They're just very inactive. I mean, they still pay for the server from immortal sales, they still keep track about something related to mineplex lolz

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  3. The answer is: not much. As you mentioned the owners have completely withdrawn from the public eye as well as from server development and production. I can say with reasonable confidence that sterling does nothing. He has not played an active role in the server since early 2014. sterling just owns part of the company (as well as several other investments) and that's where his involvement in the server stops. Defek stopped playing an active role in the server in 2014 after the new EULA rules were implemented that limited server monetization. He went on to start a coffee shop chain and probably spends most of his time on that. Defek is the CEO so he probably manages the server finances but thats about it. Strutt is the only owner who has any kind of regular interaction with the Admins and Leadership team from what I can tell, and he is the most active out of the 3 owners. He is technically the project manager (although from what i've heard he has very little involvement in production).

What it really comes down to is that the Mineplex owners are business men, and to them Mineplex is just an investment, a source of income. They don't seem care about the actual quality of the server or the updates that come out. Its really unfortunate since their lack of interest in the quality of the server directly harms the quality of the server since they are the ones who hire new developers and employees, but that's just how it is.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  4. It generally is pretty sad and its obvious that the server owners just want to make money and not to make us happy. when people stop paying for immortal i bet they are gonna suddenly be VERY active and release updates so that they can start earning money again.

wait whats the name of the chain? lol i can walk in and after i finish i can be like yo mineplex is kinda struggling can ya help us out?

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  5. they do nothing but collect their paychecks lol

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    PatheticRUS, chrris, Xukuwu and 4 others like this.
  6. Hi there!

I do understand where you are coming from but it is not fair to say that the owners do not do anything. While they may not interact with the community, that is not their job. Their job is to deal with the business side of Mineplex while the Admins handle a lot of other aspects. One thing to understand is that for them, Mineplex is a side gig and they have real lives, married, with kids. It would be nice to have them interact once in a while however with their workload handling the business side of Mineplex and their real-life jobs, I understand why they dont.

Posted Apr 25, 2021
  7. Yes, that's certainly understandable, but if it's so difficult for them to deal with any other area on the server other than the business side of things, they should still consider resigning and allowing someone else to take their place. I understand they want the income, however it's still money coming from players, many times CHILDREN who are supporting a server that they clearly don't care enough about. If they truly were not apathetic about the happiness of the community they've built over these years, there would be more interaction, updates, better staff, etc. This is why I have never purchased any rank myself; I know that money is not going towards something that will help improve the server, and I only believe this because whether you like it or not, the player numbers are decreasing day by day. It's a bit selfish, really, to continue profiting off of this. If they were truly proud of Mineplex and its community, they would put the server in the hands of someone who can actually make a difference, someone with enough time to dedicate towards the server.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Phamtastic, Genellee, Asteiph and 8 others like this.
  8. No one's quite sure of how Mineplex's hierarchy works, sometimes not even the people in the hierarchy themselves.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Xukuwu and Paladise like this.
  9. As another person mentioned in this thread, they take care of the business related aspect of Mineplex. I understand there are many things that need to be attended to on MP such as dying gamemodes, closeters, etc. But that job goes to the devs & there's probably an entire role for people coming up with updates.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  10. You can find the Official Mineplex Management hierarchy here!

One thing to understand is that when it comes to the owners, all they are required is to deal with the business side, that is the reason we have an administration team, to deal with everything else. While it might not seem like a lot dealing with the business side of Mineplex, it really is, especially if it is on top of a real job. It really is not fair to say that they do not care for the server just because you simply cannot see

Again, as I said in the above message, it is not fair to say that they are here just for the money and that they do not care.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  11. I'm sure the senior moderators report back to them if necessary

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  12. It is, on the contrary, fairly evident that Mineplex's ownership at the very least does not care about the community surrounding their server. Can't blame them, this community is questionable at best.

I'm sorry, but if you're so busy that you cannot check in on a server/product/investment once in 4 years, you have no business owning it.

With that being said, you are incredibly attractive.

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 27, 2021
    Midoriya, Thenorn and Ducksicle like this.
  13. You already stated this before, and this still isn't an appropriate response to my reply. Reiterating this doesn't do anything; I already said I understood that the owners take care of the business side of things. My point is, regardless of their position, they are still feeding off the money of players. You cannot assume that they DO care about the server because if they did, Mineplex would not be losing players. The owners should be hiring better developers, communicating with the rest of the team and making sure that the state of their server, something they are profiting off of, is at its peak, which it is nowhere near. It is evident that not enough care goes into the quality of the server, and in the end, the owners are most responsible of all staff members.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Genellee, Paladise and mab8400 like this.
  14. This isn't quite true... DeanTM is the head of staff meaning that he is responsible for all staff operations!

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  15. The business of the owners is their business alone. I don't believe it should concern the rest of the community if they haven't been active both on the forums or on the server. Everyone staff-related is doing their job perfectly from managing the server, moderating, and ensuring everyone is following the rules and regulations. I don't see your argument, the quality of the server is always improving and changing.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  16. ... and who is in charge of him or gave him this position? I love how you decided to acknowledge only a small portion of my reply. Can't quite think of anything to say eh? There should be no reason for you to suck up to the owners, unless it's just because you're afraid of losing your position as a moderator. Any person who has been in the Mineplex community with even a decent amount of common sense will know the difference between caring and not caring, especially when money is involved. This really makes me question the knowledge of modmen on this server, including those who assumingly haven't been a part of this community for very long based on their level.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    Genellee, Paladise, mab8400 and 2 others like this.
  17. You need to calm down. I don't understand why you have the need to start an argument.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
    • General Rudeness
    -snip- The management, moderation, and overall system on this server has been getting progressively worse since Mineplex was at its peak. The numbers of staff and players have been going down drastically, developers are getting lazier, there are less frequent updates, and there have been bugs/glitches/issues that players have been complaining for the longest time, but never get fixed.

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 27, 2021
    Paladise, mab8400 and MaybeMulti like this.
  18. Just said I have a peanut-sized brain, you are a very angry and mean individual.

Posted Apr 27, 2021
  19. -snip- With that being said, you are level 26 so I doubt your experience lies any further than playing a few games.

Ok if you believe this, then why did Mineplex's playerbase mark one of if not the the largest downfalls of any server in minecraft ever.

Posted Apr 27, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 27, 2021
    MaybeMulti and Ducksicle like this.