• 631 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4679 Players Online
  • 4048 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dragon Escape: Steve's Swamp Digger World Record (1:04.197)

Discussion in 'Dragon Escape' started by Paris_Labrador, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Hey everyone! I just got this speedrun for the Dragon Escape map Steve's Swamp using the Digger kit. It currently is the world record time :D
    I just made this route for digger today which allowed me to beat the old run by over 2 seconds. I'm not too fond of this map but this category and route feels very satisfying to run for some reason. Hopefully you enjoy this speedrun and maybe you'll learn something new! I wish you guys the best of luck if you go for this category and try to beat my time :)

If you would like to see other current world records, check out -unapproved link-. It is up to date with all of the fastest runs and you can check it out for any map and category.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  2. Wow, this was really cool to watch. The video showcase was very clean and looked nice as well because you stayed in F1 for the majority of the video. Your parkour skills are impressive for sure. I am over here trying to complete like 2-3 block jumps and I fail. I might have to invest in the gaming chair that you have LOL. Overall cool video and nice time jumping around!

Posted Aug 17, 2020
    Paris_Labrador likes this.
  3. Wow that was fun to watch. I’ve never tried using the digger kit before so this was especially interesting. I used to play a lot more dragon escape back when I was a Java mod/trainee, and before I got staff. I don’t play it too much anymore but when I hop on occasionally I’ve realized my skill has definitely went down haha, I’ve got a lot of work to do.

Anyway, awesome video. Definitely keep up the good work, you’re amazing at the game.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
    Paris_Labrador and Amg_ like this.
  4. Congratulations on yet another record! It is always so cool for me to watch your runs. It must take a lot of practice to get where you are. What are some tips you would recommend to people trying to learn Dragon Escape? What kinda is your routine for practice and some of your favorite maps? Awesome video as always, can't see what you get next!

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  5. Thank you! If you are new to the game, I would try and learn consistent strats that you rarely fail with and still get you to the end of the map in a reasonably fast time. A lot of the strats I go for are pretty hard but it's the only way to get the fastest times, but not all of them are essential to newer players. The great thing about this game is that you can copy other players. Watch their runs, do what they do and maybe even try and improve something if you can.

My favorite maps are definitely Skylands and Frost Run. Skylands is such an iconic map for Dragon Escape, and I don't think that there will ever be a better map built than that. Frost Run is probably my strongest map and it's where I got my first leaper world record, so there's always lots of nostalgia for that when I play the map. I don't really have a routine it's mainly just a matter of when I decide to play and go for a speedrun xD

As long as you put in the practice and try to get better, you will definitely notice your skill level go up in the future. Good luck to you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 18, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  6. nice run c; I've never seen a digger speedrun for that map

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  7. thought you was speed running cataclysm for a second

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  8. Just wondering, at 00:17, couldn't you have scaled the wall where you usually leap as Jumper? All you did when you went along the normal parkour route was collect 2 blocks, and it looks like it'd be faster to use that route. You could use the block you had to make the jump and then you can break 2 more blocks and you'd be up the wall. You'd then be one block short but I could see you not needing to use the block at 00:40 and it may be ever so slightly faster? I'm not sure - it's hard to tell. Good run though, digger runs are always the most fun to watch ^.^

Omg yessss, the nostalgia from that song was amazing.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  9. Wow, that was very fun to watch. I have never seen a video utilizing the Digger kit, and congratulations!

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  10. That would be interesting to try, I don't really think it would be all that much faster because you do end up using the block and it's a little more out of the way than what you'd think. Scaling the wall would take a lot of time and by the time you get to the top of the wall you would pretty much be out of the cave section if you continued the normal way anyway. It's definitely worth trying though but I have a feeling it's a little slower.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  11. Digger runs are always fun to watch. Great stuff Paris!

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  12. Honestly, I'm just going to say this,

This is the first time I've ever seen a run-through of yourself but oh wow you just made my mind go blank, honestly, I would have never thought about using the miner kit in such a way to shorten the run itself so I'm impressed.

Keep it up!
    - Sake

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  13. Wow... just wow....

Honestly, I am a huge fan of Dragon Escape and I play it quite often and I got to say this is probably one of the most impressive runs using the digger kit I have ever seen. It must've taken so much effort and practice and the end product looks amazing! Congrats on yet another world record!!!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Paris_Labrador and Anna-Marie like this.
  14. The music gives me geometry dash flashbacks

Posted Sep 27, 2020