• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Dragonslayer

Discussion in 'Dragons' started by jjzdragon, Dec 13, 2018.

1. An idea: dragonslayer is currently an unused sword name, maybe you can get it from getting the dragon achievements? Some more can be added to make it harder to get because diamond sword names are supposed to be super hard to get.

Posted Dec 13, 2018
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. The issue with a sword name that is able to be received by completing all achievements for the game will be that players will complain about "why doesn't x game have a sword".

I can't see a weapon name that is meant to be extremely rare and unique being handed out for completing all DR achievements, as that would take away from the purpose of the challenge to receive it (seeing how DR achievements are not anything extreme).

Sure, you could bring in more achievements and make it challenging, but my first argument still stands. Sword names should not be handed out for getting all achievements in a single game.

Posted Dec 13, 2018
  3. I suggested this because the dragons currently doesn't have a reward for completing the achievements and the dragonslayer name sorta fit it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 13, 2018
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. ‘Dragons not having a reward for completing all games’ could be said about any game, so I don’t thunk only dragons alone should get something special while others don’t. While I do believe it would be cool if players could receive rewards for all achievements, I think something else other than a diamon sword name would work better.

Posted Dec 14, 2018
  5. How about for killing the dragon in DE?

Posted Dec 14, 2018
  6. That wouldn't really be possible, but it does work with the name

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2018
  7. I mean *technically* it would be.... just extremely challenging and more than likely never going to be achieved lol

Posted Dec 14, 2018
  8. Dragons is a really fun game, and I'd definitely like to see some kind of reward given for completing all of the achievements. Before this can happen and as you mentioned, we really need more achievements as it currently only has two. It would be cool to hear some new suggestions for achievements as I'd say it certainly needs and deserves more. This means that currently it wouldn't take long for a player to revive the sword name - as it's a diamond sword name it should be a lot harder to get. I do agree with you in saying that the name fits very well with the game though.

As @HeyItsAdam has said, something else may work better as a reward for getting all of the achievements. There will always be people wanting exclusive features for their favorite game and the one that they usually play.

Another problem is that Dragons is now only available through Mixed Arcade or an MPS. This means that it takes quite a lot of time to play a single game of it because of the rotation and voting system. If players now have the opportunity to receive a diamond sword name through Dragons then MA will become people rushing through games and voting for dragons just for that reason.

I Would love to hear some more suggestions though, keep working on your idea!

Posted Dec 14, 2018
    Bunni and xSebbie like this.
  9. Hiya,
    I am going to have to disagree with the sword name through the achievements of dragons. Firstly, I would like to point out, Dragons is only accessible from the Mixed arcade and the Classic cow. These two things are randomized, for example, you would need to wait a certain amount of time/games before the game Dragons would even appear in the Mixed arcade. This would make it extremely difficult and frustrating for most players since they would likely only have one chance throughout the course of twenty games, maybe more. As for the Classic Cow, it is currently on Dragons, but it does change to another game and rotates through that game, so the likeliness of it coming to Dragons every time is extremely low, as well.

As for my second point, the diamond sword names are very rare and have only been given out from events or giveaways (this coming from Deathraze, which will be released through the discord giveaway). I don't think that this would fit the idea of the names if it was given away for an achievement like this. I personally like the way the current diamond sword name system is set up because it gives the initiative to keep playing and more. The sword name, from the ideas above, could easily be obtained through the course of a day if a party was put together.

Hopefully, this helped, have a great day!

Posted Dec 14, 2018
    Zipppo likes this.
  10. I agree and disagree with this idea. Dragon slayer is a very unique and thoughtful name for a sword and matches the theme of diamonds. What I would change is that you need to kill an ender dragon in any game of your choice, not just Dragons. Dragons can only be found in Mixed Arcade and another challenge would be to find that game. This can be expanded to games such as Dragon Escape, the Clans (going through an End portal), etc. Just needs some slight adjustments to perfect. I like that creativeness of your's!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Dec 20, 2018
  11. I don't think this is much better considering you're only adding like 1-2 games to the pool, and ones which are significantly harder to kill the dragon at that. For the examples you listed, Dragon escape requires a dedicated lobby and certain maps to work, and Clans doesn't have the end or ender-dragon. Overall this killing dragon concept just sounds too gimmicky for my liking

For the original idea, more achievements for dragons and mini-games lacking them in general is something which would be neat to see. However I don't think they should give rewards as exclusive as Diamond Sword names, for pretty much the same reasons as multiple people have posted above me

Posted Dec 20, 2018