• 1403 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3487 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Duel League

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by RedditCredit, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Hi everyone!
    This is a relatively simple idea I had for a game while I was gone for a month and a half on practice servers. For those of you who haven't visited a practice server in a while, you can play a ton of different "ladders" (i.e., NoDebuff, Build UHC, HCF, Sumo, etc.). Within those ladders, you can choose to play either Ranked or Unranked. The ranked system centers around a rating system known as ELO, which is what chess leaderboards are graded on. You can read more about the ELO ranking system at it's Wikipedia page. So the game would function a lot like the Mixed Arcade game Gladiators, except there's only one round. If you win your game, you gain ELO, and if you lose your game, you lose ELO. Each month or so, the season, or league, would reset and everyone would be returned to a starting ELO, which is typically around 1000. There isn't much to it, obviously, there would only be one ladder, probably the Gladiator kit from the lobbies, considering that's what everyone is used to. Any more ladders I feel would break up the player base too much. Please let me know what you think of the idea and give me ideas for any improvements you think could be made, constructive criticism is highly appreciated!
    Thanks, DietSnow

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  2. This reminds me of what -snip- does with their duels lobby. I would actually love to see something like this on Bedrock (the version I play) because there aren't many pvp games as it is that aren't team orientated.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  3. Something like this has been suggested before but I think it got denied because "mineplex is a minigame server" or "its too much like gladiators" or some nonsense like that but I like this idea just from a player's POV looking to get better at pvp

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    oeod and RedditCredit like this.