• 577 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9015 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Enchanted Golden Apples in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by InfuiBoom, Sep 13, 2019.

?

Should Enchanted Golden Apples get implemented into CW?

1. Yes

2. No

3. idk

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hello Mineplexians! Today I want to talk about a topic that I do not think has been discussed ever. It's about Enchanted Golden Apples and that I think they should be added into Cake Wars Standard & Duos. You may think that Enchanted G-apples are a bit too OP, and the solution to that I think is to nerf the E-Gapples. First of all, I think that they should be 30 emeralds each. The effects of the Mineplex Golden Apple would be Regeneration II for 20 seconds, Absorption for 3.5 minutes, Resistance II for 5 seconds, health boost that lasts for 5 minutes, & Absorption. I'm open to ideas of the Enchanted G-Apples! Please take your time to give negative or positive feedback on my idea. :D

Thanks,
    Infui.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Heaty likes this.
  2. I do not see this being a good addition to Cake Wars. I've played with regular enchanted golden apples in games like The Bridges in Toki-1 and to be concise, they can be game-breaking. Even at just one heart, eating an enchanted golden apple will bring you back up to a much higher health than what you started with. Even with the cost being 30 emeralds (and the nerf!), it still sounds like something that would ruin the game for people. If this were to be added, I see a few different outcomes as a result.

One situation that could arise would be if a team were to each grab a few of these per person (say they are already stacked), they could then easily go and spawn kill the other team. Even with spawn protection, it is still extremely easy for these players to fam up some kills for their stats. Additionally, it would be extremely hard to fight out these players into the void since they have so many effects going on that the damage they take would be minimal, and would be very hard to combo them.

However, on the other hand, there are situations that these apples could turn the game around in a few seconds. Say that you and your team have one of these each with fill iron armor (hypothetically). You are fighting the last team post cake-rot. You and another player are fighting on a bridge, but you are about to die. Simply eating one of these apples would give you an insane advantage over the other team, and could easily knock them into the void, which you might not have been able to do otherwise.

In the end, I think that this would completely change up all of the mechanics of the game and be too overpowered, even with the nerfs you suggested. -1

Posted Sep 13, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 14, 2019
  3. Hey there, thanks for your idea!

I have to admit, I'm not too keen on the idea of adding Enchanted Golden Apples to Cake Wars, as I feel that they would be much too over powered. As it is, it can be challenging going up against a skilled opponent using regular Golden Apples. With the effects you are suggesting, it would be almost impossible to defeat an opponent using an Enchanted Golden Apple without using one yourself, and I feel as though this is something that could ruin the balanced gameplay that Cake Wars currently has.

I also want to mention that the "Healing Station" team upgrades already provide Regeneration for players within a certain range of their cake, and I feel as though adding items that would offer a similar effect without a range limit would somewhat defeat this upgrade's purpose (even if the effect was temporary).

So overall, I appreciate the idea, but I think it would be far too overpowered.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  4. Thanks for the replies guys. In many ways, both of you are right!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019
  5. Heyo!

Please just note I am not trying to be offensive in this OP, just stating my reasoning.

I don't see this idea being very beneficial for Cake Wars as of now. The nerf still implies the same effects (besides fire resistance, which doesn't even matter due to fire not being in Cake Wars). If this were ever to be added, I would like to see a change to the stats to make them all under 3-5 seconds and nerfs to the effect amount. Enchanted Golden Apples heal way too quickly and just will make the game very unfair since nobody would be able to do any damage. If you stack this idea on top of Warrior Kit, Healing Station, and normal Golden Apple, the balancing off the game will be ruined.

As others have already stated up above, there could be a few scenarios where this would be in fact very useful, however what are the chances of those situations happening if these were to exist already? I would see this going very downhill very fast, and don't believe the Cake Wars community would enjoy this being implemented at all. For example, hackers would just be able to buy these after potentially 2-5 minutes of the game starting, and just make them unstopabble. Not only that, this would definitely be abused for spawn camping and things like that.

As if this wasn't enough already, I just feel that Cake Wars should be focusing on bugs right now instead of items. I could perhaps see this come into the game far down the future if it had enough popularity with some nerfs (including taking it out of the shops and moving it into Cake Islands rarely), but other than that I would personally not enjoy having these in the game.

Hopefully you take this feedback in consideration to change up your idea a little bit! I feel with the right amount of changes, this could be a potential idea for the future. As of now, I'm going to have to leave this at a -1. Hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  6. I’ll have with everyone’s response they’d said above. Yes, the enchanted golden apple still too OP for this and make the games unbalanced. We already have a healing station on all teammate’s cake which it automatically heals for them. I don’t think altering enchanted golden apple would help, and they’d think it’s unfair for them too. You can also still use a regular golden apple and regenerates you for a moment. Overall, I don’t see the point having it to add an enchanted golden apple at all. -1

That’s a great suggestion you have! Keep up the great work!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  7. Hey there!

I commend you for making this thread and putting forth your idea, but sadly, I don't think it'd be a good fit for Cake Wars. We already have multiple ways of regeneration (normal regen, healing station, and normal Golden Apples) so I don't think adding another source of healing would be necessary. Along with this, I think that adding a God Apple would be too overpowered and although you proposed a nerf, would make fights way more tanky and long-lasting.

Here's the thing, adding a nerf to a God Apple is another reason as to why I think it's unnecessary to have in the game. Since we already have normal gapples, adding a higher-tier one and still nerfing it wouldn't make very much sense.

Lastly, as I mentioned above, fights would be way tankier. Especially in end-game where teams can obtain Emeralds fairly easily, players can really stack up on these. The Prot II full diamond armor against Sharp II diamond sword still takes a decent amount of hits before being able to eliminate a player from damage, and adding these higher-tier golden apples would make fights a lot more tanky and annoying.

All in all, I'd say that god apples just don't fit the vibe of Cake Wars and I don't think implementing them would be beneficial.

~Arjun

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  8. Hey!

I don’t really like this idea. Having golden apples, no matter if it is enchanted or not, or nerfed a little is very OP. With the suggestions that you gave to modify the enchanted apples, it would still be very good to use against others. Like @Arjun stated, there are a couple of other ways to regen health (which is one benefit the enchanted apple gives you). I also agree with Arjun that near the end of the game, the time where usually the teams left stack up on emeralds, and other resources, they will most likely have a few enchanted golden apples. Which will make the game last too long. Here is another issue that could take place:

Let’s think that a Cake Wars game is happening now. There are 2 teams left in CW Standard. 4 red and 2 blue. Now, since there are 4 people on red (two more than blue), they are most likely going to dominate. They will probably have the middle generator and a lot of upgrades using the nether stars. They will have a ton of emeralds from using other generators and let’s say they buy 2-3 enchanted golden apples for everyone on the team. They all have good armor with a good weapon also. Blue team will probably have emeralds, but not as much so they cannot buy a lot of enchanted golden apples, rarely any. Since red team has all of those enchanted apples, they can easily win the game. This will be unfair towards blue team. Blue team will have an extremely low chance of winning the game since red team has the ability to heal and other things.

If this were to be added though, I have some suggestions to change it. Definitely nerf it more, but don’t make it too weak. Make it to where it is still helpful, but doesn’t help as much as it would normally do. Make the enchanted golden apples 45 emeralds. I know that is a lot but these are very OP. Overall, if this item were to be added it would most likely destroy CW and all the fun in it. I see why you think it is a good idea, but there are problems. My rating will be a -1 because of the reasons I listed above. Not sure completely if there is any way that this could be added, but for now it will probably not. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  9. As a cakewars player I have to completely disagree with this idea. 1.8 Enchanted Golden apples are one of the most op things in the entire game because they basically give you 30 seconds of invincibility. -1

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  10. Notch Apples are far too OP for any game. Especially when considering the fact that you may have a fully enchanted guy w/ these apples against a guy w/ non-enchanted iron.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    ItsFree and InfuiBoom like this.
  11. I think it's quite obvious why this topic hasn't been talked about and it's because how overpowered enchanted golden apples are. Even if they were to be modified to be less op and more emeralds, I just don't see a valid reason for this to be added.
    This is like something they would do in EVENT-1

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  12. Having enchanted golden apples will make the game last way too long. If you want these OP features, you can visit EVENT-1 or Toki-1 for OP games.

But overall, implementing them wouldn’t be that good of an idea. -1

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  13. Hello,
    I am going to have to agree with those above. Adding enchanted golden apples to cake wars would be way too unbalanced and would make the game unfair. There are already several ways to regenerate, and adding a method like this that lets you regen almost instantly would not fit well in cake wars. It can be fun to play games with OP items, however, for regular public cake wars, not so much. Thanks for suggesting this, however, I am going to give it a -1. Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  14. Adding enchanted golden apples would be very OP. Maybe in games such as OP Cakewars, but in regular games it just doesn't make any sense. It would just add a lot of unbalance to the game. Thank you for the suggestion, though! But it's a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Heaty and InfuiBoom like this.
  15. Enchanted golden apples in general or for any game in particular are way too overpowered. The effects you suggested being Resistance II, Regen II, etc are still overpowered in my opinion, along with the extra hearts you receive with the e-gapple. Golden apples in any game really are OP in most cases with PvP, gives you extra health and slight regen. This can give you a major advantage at the beginning or importantly at the end of a game. This combined with diamond armour in Cake Wars especially would be blatantly overpowered and could dominate in any battle. Not trying to be harsh here but in my opinion, I don’t think it’s realistic to implement enchanted golden apples into Cake Wars when there are already existing golden apples.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  16. I'm not so sure about having enchanted golden apples in cakewars, some items and kits in the game are already overpowered, and it would kind of ruin the main focus of the game if you just ate an enchanted golden apple, and decided to eat a whole cake within a few minutes of the game. Because they won't be able to kill you if you have all those effects, so it would ruin every rush strategy, and would probably be game-changing. So it is a -1 from me.

Posted Sep 20, 2019