• 1615 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4194 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Entangled in Your Thorns - series

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Jan 1, 2020.

1. "Entangled in Your Thorns" is a trio comprised of my commentary, emotionally charged thoughts, and snippets of free-flow ideas based on modern romantics in the digital landscape. They were made in Photoshop CC on a Mac trackpad :)

More of my past projects can be found in the Art section of the forums! Thanks and I hope you enjoy <3

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-IR

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  2. I love the golden circles around the eyes. To me, it looks like a monocle; like the art is really portraying your focus and your thoughts. The writing throughout the pieces is so mesmerizing, too. It reminds me of when I have a random thought about something and don't want to forget it, so I scribble it down quickly. I can really see the emotional aspect of the second image with what looks like a teardrop almost cut off by that line passing through, but not quite. I'm really connecting with these pieces. As somebody who analyzes every single thought that pops into their head, I feel like I understand this trio. Sometimes you're looking at it straight-ahead, other times you're only looking at it partially; still other times it just feels all flipped upside down.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. As I went along with this one, I would jot down thoughts — especially on the first one, titled "Scatterbrained". The second was is called "Only Now I Feel" and a lot of the thoughts written down were focused on emotional content, while the third "Casket" shows flowers and notes about what happens after all feeling of *any* kind goes away. You're absolutely correct on my intent with the teardrop in piece 2. My favorite was the third (Casket) this go around because drawing a face upside down with flowers coming out like a vase was a tricky concept to get right and super fun to challenge myself with <3 Thank you Freddey, you always have the most insightful commentary and I can't say more thanks to that :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2020
    chhase // freddey likes this.