• 3037 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11475 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion ENTRY EFFECT AND AMPLIFIER GEMS

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SnowFox84, Jul 10, 2019.

1. I have some ideas for the served:

ENTRY EFFECT
    one of them would be an entry effect on the server for ranks, where every time you enter it would have a different effect from the fireworks, or when you enter the lobby of some minigame,

I think that would be a small thing but that would encourage people to buy the ranks and of course could have exclusive effects for PCC.

GEMS AMPLIFIER
    another idea would be a "shop" inside the minelpex where you could buy amplifier gems that could be bought by shards, so it would help the players to collect gems to buy some kit, and the shards would earn another value besides buying baus

or such amplifiers can be found on the baus

Posted Jul 10, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 10, 2019
  2. I'm not too convinced on the entry effect BUT I really like the idea of being able to buy amplifiers in the lobby.

For the pricing of them I don't think they should be cheap as then every game would just be boosted 24/7 therefore making them irrelevant.

Overall, a +0.5 because I like one of the ideas :P

~ Zom

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  3. I really agree it should be expensive, some 5000 -10000 each amplifiers

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 10, 2019
  4. Yeah that sounds like a good amount, in my opinion

~ Zom

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  5. I like your ideas

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  6. There used to be an effect for players who entered the lobby and it showed something in chat. I think it got removed because it happened so much and was annoying. Imo, adding it back wouldn't really be worth it. It'd be cool but it would just happen so much that it wouldn't be special anymore.
    As for buying amplifiers in the lobby with shards, maybe. I don't really see a reason for that. It's currently a perk for PPC as you get two per month, and I think that's a fine incentive for that rank. If we were able to buy them in-game it would just take away from that.
    With that in mind, it's a general -1 for me.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  7. the ones that would be buyable in the game are gems amplifiers, not of shards as are the ones of the pcc

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
  8. Ah, so it'd be like a new item then?

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  9. [QUOTE = "Bunni, postagem: 191463, membro: 101"] Ah, então seria como um novo item? [/ QUOTE]
    yes

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 12, 2019
  10. I actually kind of like this idea. Usually, people would suggest things like "Ranked players names should be shown in chat when joining a lobby". But this is different and I like it. I think it would be pretty cool to see, and unique for each rank we have. Maybe corresponding to their rank color. But 1 con I see is this might cause lag issues or fps issues. Other than that, I like this idea.

Gem amplifiers, I don't see the need of. It's actually very easy to get gems now. Especially in games like cakewars, or nano games. It isn't too hard to collect them, so I don't see a need for a gem amplifier.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  11. Considering an amplifier in the shop costs 7 bucks, the price would be worth a lot more than this. A mythical chest is priced at 2 bucks and an ancient and 1. If you used shards instead to get these items worth up to 7 dollars it would end up being slightly more than 35,000 shards. Also, amplifiers are a way for MP to earn money through hard currency. It would be an infinite loss of profit if everyone was using hard currency to get more hard currency and no one would every buy amps anymore from the shop. A nice thought, but it's a -1 for me

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  12. For the entry effect I think it could be cool but it may be a bit of a nuisance. If it was just something visual with no sound I think it'd be okay, it kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion but I personally wouldn't want to hear something every time someone joined. It just kind of reminds me of when Legend was first introduced and the lobby announced when a Legend joined, I remember a lot of people found that annoying, but I think it was text instead of just a particle thing.

As for the Gem Amplifier I think it goes against the EULA. Since gems are used to buy kits it may be a P2W kind of thing. I'm not completely sure but I'd rather not mess with the gem economy anymore.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  13. hey there!

i definitely think the entry effect would look cool, but some players might abuse it and keep leaving/joining lobbies to create lag for others. most players already have particle cosmetics and having an entry effect won’t really do much to add on.

as for your second idea concerning the gem amplifiers, personally speaking as someone who has a bunch of extra gems i can’t do much with, i don’t think it’s something that is needed as i already have too much gems. plus, i would much rather spend shards to buy chests to open over gem amplifiers. buttttttttttt. what if we used gems to buy shard amplifiers. i think the online shop sells those but with the amount of gems i have currently and rising every time i finish a game ~_~, i would definitely trade these gems in for some shard amplifiers if that was an option.

~nouqt//ailin (:

Posted Jul 15, 2019
  14. From my experience, there was a ranked player joined message in the lobby. It was removed due to the spams in chat. I don't think the rank joined message will return this time. I don't want to see the spam message of all the players joining the lobby. It may annoy to the players, and they will not enjoy it. The joining/leaving message will cause the chat chaotic. I'd have to disagree in returning the joined message.

I don't think it's necessary to add a "Gem Amplifier" shop in the lobby. It'll clutter the space in the lobby. Vanessa said that it goes against the EULA. Personally, I'd prefer to buy it in the pre-game waiting lobby instead.

Overall, I'll have to disagree with both of your ideas. -1

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  15. Heyo,
    I honestly don't dislike the, "Entry Effect," idea that you've shared however just as Phamtastic, xVanessa, and Bunni said it'll be quite annoying. There used to be a message whenever a rank joined and I completely agree with the three of them, it was annoying, however like you stated this will be categorized as particles not text. However, even with particles it'll may be annoying - Example: 5 Eternals join at the same time particles fly through the air, players near that area begin to lag. I feel as if this will definitely mess with FPS and may cause a player to lag, and I'm sure a lot of players will consider it annoying overtime.

As for your second idea, "Gem Amplifier," I don't believe it's quite necessary at the time being because it's fairly easy to acquire gems. Vanessa stated that is goes against the EULA so it would not work anyway. I also completely agree with Phamtastic's post above, I'd prefer to buy it in the pre-game waiting lobby.

In general, I don't believe this should be added at the time being. Nevertheless, best of luck with your idea! -1 from me

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  16. While I think your ideas are fairly interesting to bring up, I don't think either of them are extremely necessary. As others have stated, in regards to the entry effects, we previously had the entry messages, which honestly annoyed me. It was very spammy, given a lot of our players have the rank. I think maybe a small firework effect or something simple could work fairly well, however, it could easily cause lag for our playerbase. Think about every time someone who joined with a rank, it would be very spammy and not that many people would see it, to be honest. Overall, maybe something for an entry would be interesting and could be discussed further, but I think at the moment, it really isn't something necessary.

Vanessa has said it most likely goes against the EULA, so I won't be responded to that.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  17. I think this would be a great idea for maybe Legend+ or up since people are complaining it would be spammy. If a few funny custom join messages that only work with ranked people annoy people, we should remove join messages all together, cause those join messages are for everyone and I see nobody complaining about them. all around the network. Or maybe allow /taunt too be allowed in the lobby

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  18. it's not that the regular join messages are annoying, it's that the particles and the consistency of the messages would be annoying. Since there's a large amount of rank players currently, there'd be a message quite often when one of them join. It would only work for ranks that aren't as common, hence why it worked in the beginningf and doesn't work anymore.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  19. I don't need mean like custom beam effects (PARTICLES) I mean funny join messages joke like discord and maybe a bit of a ping when a ranked player joins a server. The point is ranked players need too stand out from the no robux noobs

Posted Jul 16, 2019