• 1338 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9776 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Escape with your friends

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Skyz72, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Hi !

There my idea for a new game mod :

The game is played with up to 4 players. The goal ? Escape this place safe !

Explanation : You have to progress in randomly generating rooms,(with random themes if you can jungle, desert, mineshaft, temple...) with ranfom stuffs to equip and random ennemies (the game have to be simple like really hard.) Some rooms can be safe just a little jump, stairs, vines to climb, river to pass...

This is a game mod that test your skills in Minecraft. Pve with all weapons, jump, swim, speed parcours, puzzles (like lava falling so you have to speed up) with random difficulty.

That can be really fun to have a adventure minigame like this for team with your friends for survive and have some challenges in Minecraft !

More info :
    Average game duration : 5-10 min or more, for make the game a real adventure.

No kits (you have to share the stuff with your friends) for make the game a real challenge like a vanilla challenge.

The difficulty will increase with the time, easy at the start and more difficult at the end. (but the general difficulty is chose randomly)

The game would be like if they were testing an adventure map in a dedicated server, just fun, adventure and challenge with your friends !

With this, the game would be an random fun adventure, you don't know what is waiting for you but one thing's is sure, that gonna be a great adventure !

Thanks for read me ! Skyz72.

Posted Sep 25, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 25, 2018
    Entropy likes this.
  2. Would be interesting to see, Could you provide more information on this? Such as the speed of the games, possible kits, does it speed up each round? I'm honestly interested in this. ^-^

Posted Sep 25, 2018
    Skyz72 likes this.
  3. Thx for reply !

I gonna edit the post really soon.
    --- Post updated ---
    I really think this game mod can be popular if devs pay attention on it becose i never seen this before and its finnaly what i always whanted in Minecraft. Can have an adventure with my friends without pay for a serv or making one.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2018
  4. Yo,

I've never seen a thread like this, it's extremely creative!
    As this user said, I would be able to provide more insight if you provided more information on how it would exactly work. Overall, the idea seems innovative and I could see myself playing for hours to find out all the secrets of each room. The rooms would have to be slightly complicated at some point in my opinion, or else experienced thinkers would get bored. I feel like it should have a system similar to Nano Games where you could "cash out" after doing a certain amount of adventures and you could be replaced in between each adventure. (Like a small waiting room for the players to join in) Keep up the great ideas!

Posted Sep 25, 2018
  5. Hello. I don't this that this game idea should be implemented as a game. It looks like a good adventure map idea for Mineplex Event. It can be hosted in the future by Events Team.

As an Event Assistant I will remember your idea and will take it for the future.

Posted Sep 25, 2018
  6. I really think this game mod can be popular if dev pay attention on it cose i never seen this before and its finnaly what i always whanted in Minecraft. Can have an adventure with my friends without pay for a serv or making one.
    Thx for reply !

The game will work like this :

-You build a team of maximum 4;
    -You spawn in a 1st safe room with a theme;
    -You have to move to other rooms for find stuff, adventure and for escape;
    -Some rooms can have pve, jump, swim, puzzle, speed parcour for avoid a danger and some safe ones;
    -When you arived to the finish room you can escape like by passing a wall and be free ( in normal Minecraft, like you see its an legit vanilla generation like you are now free, you escaped ! )
    -Then the game end, you won ! (or if you die before escape you lose !)

So its really the feeling of an adventure in survival. You die, you die. You have to team up and play safe, resolve puzzle, kill the mobs, and get your freedom !
    --- Post updated ---
    Thx for reply !

I really want it as a game, not an event.
    The idea is to make players have easily an adventure with their friends, no hamachi for create a server or spend money...
    A easy way to have multiplayer adventure with no idea what is waiting for you !

A real multiplayer adventure way better than a simple vanilla and easy to play it.

OP OP
    Evgeen likes this.
  7. Yo,

Thanks for clarifying how the game would work. Would you respawn in between each room? If you died and had to wait for 15 minutes, I think players would quit immediately after dying as there would be no point in staying. I also think it would work better as a game because, with your idea, there can only be 4 players in each game and that would take a while to go through the 40+ people that attend events. I would love if you could also provide specific examples of puzzles. Keep up the great work on your idea!

Posted Sep 25, 2018
  8. In fact you can add as many players as you want becose you can make bigers rooms.

And the game need to have a lot of game lobby of x players i take the exemple of 4 becose you can easily comunicate with 4 players and its enought for having a real team.

For the respawn, i think that need 2 mods :

- One with respawn every x rooms like 5, where players can join when they wants.

- One with no respawn and closed lobby, when the game start with your friends nobody can join.

For exemple of rooms :

-PVE : You have one chest with random stuff(weapons, armor, food), you need to kill the monsters for reach the next rooms, there is the PVE.

-Jump : You have to climb by jumping platform by platform and reach the exit.

-Speed parcour : Lava is falling from the roof, tou have to speed up to escape by jumping/climb before the lava kill you !

-Swim : The room is full of water, you have to swim to some safe zone where you can take your breath.

-Safe rooms : you can take a break here it's just a pretty room, just walk, pass the river, climb the wall with this ladders/vines,go up the stairs, to the next room.

-Puzzle : You have to find a hiding code, a buton, a word to say in the chat or the hiding exit.

OP OP
  9. I could see this as an event, but I dont see much appeal in this as a game. I think it's something that would be super fun for a super long period of time. Unless there was something done that REALLY spiced this up, I dont see it being a super popular game.

Posted Sep 28, 2018
  10. Hey, your general concept is really interesting and unique, and it'd definitely be cool to see some variation of it implemented. However, I'm a little confused on how to the maps would work. If the maps are random, that's good it'll keep each game unique, but I also feel that you want something along the lines of a game like "Escape the Mansion" or something. Those games have certain mechanics, tricks, and hints that make them intriguing. For example perhaps you use a pickaxe to break a hole that leaves into an underground lair.

It's fine to implement those, but then that adds the other problem of repetitiveness. If it's the same process to escaping each time, then the game is really fun the first time through, but then no one wants to play it the second time if they already know the steps to win the game. If the map is completely random to add variety, its difficult to implement the fun little mechanics to escape the room/map. Interested to see what others think

Posted Sep 28, 2018
    Hida likes this.
  11. Hi, thanks for reply.

For the generation of the map :

-A theme is chosen randomly (ex desert temple) but the rooms are different on how they are build not just the same room with some different stuff.

-A difficulty is chose randomly (ex hard)

-If we take for the second mod (the one whit no respawn and private lobby when the game is started) a total of 20 rooms,
    the 2 obligatory rooms (20+2=22) the start and the end.
    The start tell you the general difficulty with a sign (or its sayd with a title right into your face, better if its the 1st mod where everybody can join when they wants)
    And the end make you use a buton/brake a wall/use a lever for make you go away of the structures, then you win and you gonna be tp at the lobby like all others games.

-There is no orders for the rooms (except the beginning and the end) and all rooms are connected directly or connected by a relax, peacfull room.

"For example perhaps you use a pickaxe to break a hole that leaves into an underground lair."

Thats a good idea, all variation on the gameplay is a good idea, you fall into a cave, you pass trough a paint...
    A brainstorming gonna be worth for this game.

"t's fine to implement those, but then that adds the other problem of repetitiveness. If it's the same process to escaping each time, then the game is really fun the first time through, but then no one wants to play it the second time if they already know the steps to win the game. If the map is completely random to add variety, its difficult to implement the fun little mechanics to escape the room/map. Interested to see what others think"

All games will have a different map its what is fun.

For the problem of. How we gonna connect all rooms ?
    There are many solutions, but the general logic is.

-you passed a pve room and now you have a puzzle, this puzzle make you fall into a cave, the next room gonna be connected with the cave. They have to have a logic on how the rooms are builds.

-I know its possible and the team of mineplex have widely the skills for it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hi, thanks for reply.

The thing that make the game A game and not an event its the random generation of the map, the random difficulty.

It isn't a single map like pumpkin king or help santa.

And all parties will be different, you have a random map, a random difficulty, random fun things like you fall into a cave, maybe you find a secret room with more stuff to equip...

There is so much things to do with this mod !

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2018
  12. Hey!

I really like this concept and I think it'd be a great addition-- with some tweaks and adjustments to the liking of the development team. I think it'd be cool to have stages where you would need to utilize teamwork to run around flipping levers and such to escape the room before lava/water rises, like an escape the room game mode. Although some may say it's like dragon escape with fast-paced and strategic movements, it has more of a task to complete rather than trying to escape something. The lava/water rising should be treated as a timer, not something after you. Great idea, I'd love to see it be expanded upon!

Posted Sep 29, 2018
  13. Hi, thanks for reply !

For the lava rises its just for some rooms. ^^ (And that make me think of puzzle with timer now for the hard difficulty)
    And the mod is build for teamwork !
    You need to teamwork for survive, and to succeed the puzzles, like use levers at the same time, the pve...

Most of the time the mode is relax with little puzzle, jump, swim, and pve vanilla (but can be really difficult)
    It's not a stressful mod but an adventure mod.

For the water i was thinking of underwater rooms with somes spot for take your breath.

We can also ad bonus rooms giving shards/gems gems for the easiest, shards for the hardest.
    Bonus rooms are rare, then its again more fun to play this game ! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 12, 2018