• 1590 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8083 Players Online
  • 6493 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Eternals in-game seem to have a superiority complex

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Glitchy, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Almost every eternal I encounter has a “holier than thou mindset” the hell is that about?

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Starx280 and Paladise like this.
  2. Anyone can have that mentality..? Typically, higher levelled people tend to have eternal over any other rank, which might be what you're noticing more than the people with the rank itself. With that being said though, I know a good amount of people with other ranks like hero who people might say have inflated egos, but I don't really think that's fair to say. If someone has spent a lot of time dedicated to the server they're likely going to want to to make it known, whether that be through the highest (non subscription based) rank, or just by the way they interact with others, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing. I don't really understand how you've drawn this conclusion, but it's an interesting discussion.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  3. Avoid lobby 1 and CW, thats where they are at.Thats what i've been doing for a while and the experience on mineplex is way better now when i don't encounter them .

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    mab8400, Paladise and Orangey like this.
  4. 9/10 of the ones I encounter are hella toxic, that last 1/10 I encounter I can only tolerate because they don’t speak

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 26, 2020
    mab8400, Paladise and Orangey like this.
  5. Lol java is just a bunch of sweats. Bedrock is the exact opposite xD

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  6. I'm kind of rude in game with my macros ("Vanquished.") but that's about it. Can you tell me what kind of "holier than thou" person you've seen and what happened?

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  7. Correlation is not causation.

While toxic players do seem to have a tendency to buy ranks or having them bought for them / winning them due to spending a lot of time on the server (I've personally gotten to Eternal by having a friend purchase Legend for me, winning Titan out of a chest and then winning a rank upgrade giveaway), the rank itself doesn't cause absolutely anything related to behavior. From a psychological aspect, one could argue for a long time about whether or not having a kinder personality means the person would spend less on ranks, but for me, it doesn't seem to have any correlation.

Specifically, I don't know what would cause a hypothetical superiority complex to build in a specific rank group. I still think the only correlation there may be is how much time the player spends on the server, because those who play more casually tend to be much more relaxed, take defeats with a light heart and do not feel the need to express excessive frustration nor participate in any sort of server hierarchy. On the other hand, more experienced players who have strong and hardly changeable opinions may come off as rude and self-centered. In any scenario, I would recommend looking past the rank label and treating them as individual causes, because a generalization here cannot be made. The only exception, as someone has noted already, might be Lobby-1 which is where drama can often take place and where a lot of these people have ranks. Even then, you've got to consider that when you're heavily involved with the server, you are going to end up with a rank at some point - either by purchasing it or receiving a rank upgrade by other means.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    xLeopard and Dallarth like this.
  8. Exactly, personally I've never been involved in drama but many of the people ik on Mineplex have gotten into arguments and the like (usually L-1) so I just log on and try to ignore drama.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  9. As an Eternal, this is really funny to me. I suppose toxic players are more eager to buy ranks which is super contradictory for what they say about the server a lot in the first place but it's pretty true still. Like people above me said, they're very common in games like Cake Wars. I spend a lot of my time playing Mixed Arcade, Master Builders, or Skywars so you'll never see me like that. I don't find much enjoyment playing around those people really anyways as I'm not good enough to go against them. I suggest if it bothers you greatly you can do the same.

You can also use /ignore if you're really bothered by some players - and if you see anybody breaking the rules, especially severe chat rules because of their toxicity, don't forget to report them at mineplex.com/reports.

You can also play Bedrock edition (like the Windows 10 edition) of Mineplex and you will not come across these types of people as much as on Java. The games are also much more laid back so if you're into that kind of thing I suggest it!

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    andr3w likes this.
  10. I just bought the rank to support the server because I love this server very much, I'm not a toxic person but, other eternals I see are mostly toxic. so I always try to be the mature one and just not say anything if there toxic towards me.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  11. Saying like “anyone below eternal shouldn’t have an opinion on *subject*” or as I’ve seen a few times “everyone get the legend” in SSM (resulting in a 3v1) then when I try to counter it Next game by using skeletal horse vs. my typical Witch, they’d say crap like “Typical noob hiding behind an op kit”

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 26, 2020
  12. Thinking about it logically, the only correlation between the mindset and rank is that people who are buying the highest rank more likely than not to play a lot on the server and are quite skilled. I don't think that this is enough to support your claim, especially with the only evidence being anecdotal. I would be curious to see how many other players agree with your claim and have experienced that frequently in-game as well.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  13. Don't think this is something MP can fix... I think it's not as deep as it seems, though - it's usually just jokes.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    xLeopard, anna. and Looof like this.
  14. Some kids think that seeing people as stepping stones is a pathway to raise them higher.

In actuality it’s a decent into madness.

No matter what rank you have or level you are, we are all EQUAL.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    Paladise likes this.