• 996 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10868 Players Online
  • 9872 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

evade

Discussion in 'Champions' started by chungalunga, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Why not have a slight delay on successful evade. Something that would disable assassins from just spamming it.
    0.3 seconds or something like that

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    90zr and MC_Leonidas like this.
  2. I would just like to say if you're a experienced player (which you problably are) it is ratter easy to know when they evade and when they do just don't hit him. If you would put a 0.3sec delay on it it would not make a differnce think about it. 0.3sec, its nothing so they would still be able to spam it. I totally get you're frustration but being able to be good at evading still takes a lot of skill. Other classes are OP too, if you have the skill of playing them, it is just the same as being good at evading as it is at being good with a bow. So i personnaly would not put a slight delay on a succesful evade.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  3. I'm not frustrated about it, i just td5 sins. (and yes, i'm kind of experienced, i got a few wins here and there)

But since mineplex says that there are a lot of kids younger than 13 that are playing on the server.
    They don't really understand what evade does. Most new players don't.
    Having a slight cooldown would stop assassins from just holding the right click.
    And yes, other classes can be op as well, but evade is by far the most confusing one to new players.

and i would be down to have it at .5 seconds or anything higher, i just put it at .3 because i thought that some assassin clan no lifer would be offended by my suggestion

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2021
    MC_Leonidas likes this.
  4. But don't you think when you put a cooldown on evade for the younger kids, who do not understand the ability, that the sin players would not be able to kill experienced players anymore. Which would eventually lead to people quiting sin. So, in my opinion, this is a choise. Either you chose for the younger kids or you chose for the experienced players.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  5. Well, the evade would still be usable, as you said .3 seconds is really a short time. They could still use it normally. evade-hit-evade could still be a thing. Its just that they wouldn't be able to hold evade. And they couldnt be able to evade multiple times in a second. It happens every now and then that the person using the evade teleports on the exact same block as the opponent (because there are no blocks behind the opponent to teleport to) , and then the evader can get away with just holding it, because the opponent can't see what is happening. And that is how they can evade 2-3 times in 1 second

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2021
  6. You guys are arguing in the wrong place as
    first. I recommend you joining GI's discord and have a conversation over there. As I know none of ideas on forums about champions would ever be listened to or implemented. Also there is no point in this discussion since it's known evade used to have an use delay and it ended up being even more frustrating as upon a succesful evade with delay players evading became invulnerable for short period of time which was making them even more powerful.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    FluteVegetables and chungalunga like this.
  7. They are lowering the invulnerable time on evade which will be an adequate nerf (you don't have to pause hitting for like an entire 2 seconds now)

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Tikli, Paladise and chungalunga like this.
  8. Not Mineplex server. Join the G.I. server.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  9. Any discord server with mineplex members is cringe to me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2021
  10. The G.I. server is one of the most hardcore servers on the planet. During which, you discuss the changes that will happen to each game. Unlike Mineplex edaters are solely not allowed. And also, the cringe is very well managed by the admins there.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  11. I agree that some changes to evade could be made. While I do believe Champions as a game has and should retain a high skill ceiling, to me, Evade isn't really skillful-- it's just spammy.

I don't think the ability should be entirely crippled, though. Perhaps a charge based system like Assassin's Flash ability would be beneficial. That way, players could continue to use it evasively and the overall usage wouldn't be any different, but Assassins couldn't spam it endlessly.

Posted Feb 28, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 1, 2021
    chungalunga likes this.
  12. Tbh even for younger kids its not too hard to understand evade, when i started playing champs i was under 13 and yet i did understand it, evade cd isnt that needed tbh, it can be annoying but sometimes you just need to wait before atacking.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  13. GI does not plan on adding a cooldown after successful evades. That has never worked well. The current plan is to simply reduce the window during which evade can be successfully triggered to 1.25 seconds, since there are times when players who correctly predict and stay their hand while their opponent holds evade still get caught out by the length of the window. While evade is certainly a mindgame and can be truly infuriating to deal with when a skilled player is using it, the fact that it can be countered simply by not hitting it or using any number of skills to attack instead of left clicking means that we have no plans to drop a heavy nerf like a usage cooldown upon successful evades on it.

That said, nothing is set in stone and we are always open to opinions/arguments for changes that differ from what we're planning on doing.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    chungalunga and Busjack5 like this.
  14. Well, when is that update coming, is it a year or two?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 2, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  15. Not a question I know the answer to and if I did, not sure I'd be allowed to say. It's not currently on the table, but if Mineplex sticks to the schedule of updating every 2-3 years, then we'll have it in half a year or so.

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  16. I doubt that it will ever be finalized but ok, we'll see.
    One question again though. Why does the update have to come as a whole with all the things from the proposal.
    Why don't they update it like they do with cakewars.
    Some minor tweaks here and there.
    If they released those fixes regularly over a period of time the game would become more enjoyable by each fix and we wouldnt have to wait in hope that the update isn't actually a myth made up so players think that someone is actually doing something to improve the server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 2, 2021
  17. These are things I've been arguing for for ages. Unfortunately those things are not up to me.

There's not really a good reason other than a lack of dev time, but it's not clear to me why the dev time has to be divided up the way it is.

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  18. Well, it seems like the excuse they always use for the lack of updates is that they lack developers. Then why don't they hire some.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 3, 2021
  19. You're asking questions I don't have the answers to. Really something the leadership team would have to answer.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  20. Epik

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021