• 271 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5398 Players Online
  • 5127 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Everything wrong with Block Hunt in one post.

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by RamiSlicer, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Complementary Block Hunt critique form: (not complete)

Make the maps more dynamic. Add a few in-game gadgets to keep players from being bored.
    Barriers. Remove a few of these things!
    Infestor hider has some "black hole spots" were you can go in, but not out. Solution: Minecarts. Just put a minecart in the block little larry infests, and stick the player in there! Then, when the player gets out, they (should) go out of their spot!

The ship is very good, as it stops spawn killers with physics and none of those annoying barriers.
    There is a well known, but clever infestor spot on a windowsill. We need more of these.
    Huh... there used to be a dead whale here... same reason as the gallows?

Posted Oct 6, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 6, 2018
  2. - Make the maps more dynamic.
    What do you mean by this.

- Add a few in-game gadgets to keep players from being bored.
    There are already meows and fireworks. If people plan to go into hiding spots they should be ready. I dont see this as anything super necessary

- Barriers. Remove a few of these things!
    Yes, I agree barriers in annoying places should be removed, and I have plans to suggest that. What barriers do you think are the most annoying ?

- Infestor hider has some "black hole spots" were you can go in, but not out. Solution: Minecarts. Just put a minecart in the block little larry infests, and stick the player in there! Then, when the player gets out, they (should) go out of their spot!
    What ? If someone infests into such a spot that's their choice and that's fine imo. Having the infestor reappear somewhere that isn't the block sounds confusing in so many ways.

- There is a well known, but clever infestor spot on a windowsill. We need more of these.
    If you had looked at the other threads in this block hunt forum, you would see there is one about changes to pirate island. more infestor friendly spots is something i have planned.

- Where did the gallows go? Oh, they removed them because they were inappropriate? But this is a pirate island!
    Nevertheless, gallows are inappropriate. People have said they want a pirate theme more, and likely something will get changed to piratey stuff, but not gallows.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
    FluteVegetables and Nicodami like this.
  3. Those are the same thing... :squint:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2018
  4. I'm curious as to what you mean when you say make the maps more dynamic. Do you have any specific examples that could help illuminate the point you want to make here? You also mention having more in-game gadgets, but we already have meows and fireworks that make hiding a little more fun and risky. Do you have any suggestions for other gadgets? I'm interested to hear your suggestions on new gadgets, because I haven't put much thought into adding any more! I think part of the risk of going into those spots as an Infestor Hider is that you can't get out. It's definitely a gamble and I think it makes the game more interesting and a little more nervewracking, especially when Hunters start running around your spot.

As for Pirate Island, here is the thread that @TheAule wrote and referenced in his reply! There are some interesting changes suggested there that you could take a look at and maybe respond to if you have some spare time. The gallows are gone, and I haven't played the map in awhile so I don't know if the whale is gone, but these were removed as maps that had aspects that portrayed blood or violence were edited to remove those aspects, as per the request of Microsoft, if I remember correctly. There are definitely steps that could be taken to make the map look more pirate-y, so I'm interested to see what pirate-y additions you can think of to add to the game!

Posted Oct 6, 2018