• 392 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7305 Players Online
  • 6913 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Evolution Idea >>> Change to Match SSM Kits Completely

Discussion in 'Evolution' started by Itsn2l, Dec 11, 2020.

?

Would you like Evolution kits to be changed to be exactly like the kits in SSM?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hey everyone!!

Evolution is definitely inspired based off of SSM and lots of it's abilities. However, I think it would add a lot more fun to the game to just use the exact SSM kits instead of modified versions. This would bring a lot more action to the game, and drastically increase mobility with the double jump feature of these kits and also make it more skill based. There's a lot of third party kills, and hardly any way to escape another person or kill someone again if you are Slime per say in evolution. I think this would also increase the balance in power of the different kits for however many kills you have so far in the game. I think a lot of other members of the SSM and Mineplex community would enjoy seeing this in the game as well.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  2. Hey!

As a player with experience in both games, I'm going to disagree with this. In Evolution, the 6 different stages of evolution are supposed to be progressively more difficult to get a kill with, hence the lower health. If this was changed to SSM kits, the game wouldn't necessarily get more difficult for players as they get more kills. This is because any SSM kit can be good if the player knows what they're doing.

That's my opinion, and I'm interested to see what others think, Tomeroo

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Itsn2l and Xukuwu like this.
  3. Adding on to what Tomeroo said, using SSM kits for Evolution would cause issues since, obviously, the SSM kits were designed and balanced around what works for SSM and it's not possible to just directly translate that into Evolution. Some examples of this being Iron Golem flesh hook (which would allow you to stop players evolving from an excessive distance away), and Chicken double jump (being able to jump 8 times without touching the ground would make you nigh uncatchable). I also don't want to begin to imagine the exploits, overpowered evolving spots, and game stalling/trolling that you could achieve using Spider's wall climb.

The Evolution kits work, in my opinion, because they are simplistic and anyone can understand how to use their abilities in no time at all. That's important for an arcade game, which is reflected by how every other arcade game shares this innate simplicity, and so changing them to SSM kits would make the game worse.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    nico, Fusafez, Itsn2l and 1 other person like this.