• 474 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2558 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [Exclusive Staff Titles]

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by TeaSpiller, Sep 16, 2019.

?

Should This Be Added?

1. Love it!

91.1%
  2. Not a fan

8.9%
  1. This titles are a great idea, what a good one.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  2. Hey Logan!

In response to previous comments on here, I think if staff create competition between the teams because of an in-game title, that's a reflection on their maturity and creates a negative image of the team... so their loss.

Also, add a in-game title for Artist!!
    Oh, wait-

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    florence likes this.
  3. HI,

I love the idea, other than development time issues I can't think of any reason these shouldn't be added.

I would like to see these be added so that people can identify staff of certain teams when they need to

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  4. Hi!

I love this idea. I have a additional idea to this, but will only do for some. Maybe, you could add some titles for sub-teams? Here are my ideas. They don't have pictures. :c

Translations Team | Around The World

Newsletter Program | I Write Books

Reports Patrol | Catching The Hackers!

Game Insights | Digging The Dirt

Event Assistance | Better Events = Fun Events

Quality Assurance Testing | Squashing Smaller Bugs

Ideas Team | Coming From The Mind

Streams Team | YouTubers and Twitchers

Mentoring Assistant | Helping The Noobs

Hope you liked some- if not, all! c:

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  5. Yo!

I have mixed feelings about these titles. Do not get me wrong, they are amazing and look great! I really like how detailed you go into for each of these. Additionally, they look really cool and would be a great addition to the titles that we already have, but I just wonder about how frequently they get used. Senior Moderators are generally extremely busy with their senior team that they are a part of, as most in-game moderator is done by the Trainees and Moderators, so I wonder how often the titles would be used. Besides that, I do not see the reasoning behind why we need to add in a Support title in game. Currently, only @Cherdy has the SUPPORT rank in-game, and the bright blue tag makes her stand out enough, in my opinion. The odds to ever see this title in-game would be extremely rare, as she is extremely hard-working with her job as a support agent. Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing this get added, but I do not think we need to prioritize it at the moment. +0

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  6. Love the idea! Especially how each tag has it's own unique features and color. It's a great little incentive for senior moderators and now it would make them more distinguishable. If these go into development, hopefully the team takes their time designing each of these to be unique and expand off your ideas, maybe even adding a bit more flair in the process. The aesthetics are really beautiful and nice to look at. Hopefully, this could be done in the future but I understand if there was higher priority work to be done before this. Honestly, just looks really cool and increases the standard rank and tag colors.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  7. I love these titles! They are fun and creative. I hope they get added.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  8. I really like these titles! They definitely help to differentiate Sr. Mods of different teams, which may be helpful in answering player questions, or even just to represent their team! I do think the Staff Management title sounds a little bit harsh, I would think about changing that. I feel as though this is something that wouldn't take much time to implement, and would be a fun addition to the server!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  9. Also I don't see it as "fair" from a Community member standpoint, as then you'd need to add titles for Community members in subteams as well to make it fair.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  10. I just find it a bit unfair bc Sr.Mods shouldn't be any more special than people that're Mod, trainee or community and are on sub-teams. I guess semi what you said, but with more clarification? Sr.Mods are on a special team with more permissions either in game or on forums while most sub teams dont have one, the other, or either. Like I get that they do more work than everyone, but I just find special titles downright ignorant and selfish.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. Hello Logan!

Although most staff members will probably be positively biased towards this, it's still an amazing idea not only because of the unique title but also for a significant reason. I've seen a lot of community members get confused when seeing a Sr.Mod, and ask what the difference between a Sr.Mod and Mod is, and seeing these titles and asking what they're significant for can really clear up the difference.

Moving to aesthetics and names, I think some of the names could a bit of change, like the Staff Management title.

Other than that, I think this would be an amazing idea! +1

~Arjun

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  12. I think this would be a pretty cool addition. Although I don’t really care for titles, it’d still be nice for others that do. It could also pave a path for a bit better communication between the community and staff team. Like what was said by Arjun, community members could ask SR.MODS with these titles questions about their team. They could essentially see what makes them different than a mod. Overall it seems like a cool feature to add.

I honestly disagree with @Marzie about certain things though. Friendly banter or competition shouldn’t be a problem IMO. Even if it can turn into non friendly type stuff, that should not be an issue for the staff team in general, much less Senior Moderators. They should have the maturity not to make fun of others in a serious tone. Plus, if someone on the staff team is seriously bullying or being rude to others on the team, proper action should be taken. It really should never be a problem in the staff team. In coming trainees are supposed to be mature enough not to be rude and break rules. I really don’t know what to say if Sr mods have that problem :-:

Also, community sub-teams shouldn’t be a problem either? Community members on sub-teams don’t have the “my team is the best team” title, which is kinda what’s being discussed here. It’s mainly just senior mod teams, with support of course. Besides, if special titles are really that selfish, should the current ones be removed as well? They’re essentially the same thing. Titles exclusive to ones senior moderator sub-team wouldn’t change that in my opinion. It’d just be a nice way of identifying people and giving staff a small extra perk.

I’d go with a +1, but I’m still thinking about it c:

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  13. Bullying was in quotations for a reason, I didn't mean it actually happens.
    Community people can ask what sr.mod team someone is on regardless of a title or not tbh. It happens so much already, so I don't see why a title would be needed for that specific reason.
    All staff already have a title like said, so why do we exactly need another to "show off" our specific team? We don't, we really don't. lol
    I want to point out the banter that goes around already is literally in the current sr.mod title. It's titled "Team loyalty at it's finest" because sr.mods literally say, "my team's the best team" quite a lot in a few places. I actually don't really like this title either tbh, comes off as selfish a bit.

Just sayin, if you think a title will stop someone from asking what the difference between a Sr.Mod and Mod are, I don't think you're looking at this from all angles and are assuming that the community member will even understand what the title means from asking that question.
    If a community member goes to the lobby, and doesn't see the srmod in their face, but sees them in chat instead then asks that question (which is where and how this question mostly occurs), I can assure you that most staff probably won't be like "look at my title" and confuse the person even more. If anything, for me personally if I'm asked that question, I'll say "scroll over my tag" and then if they ask "oh what team are you on?" I can 100% assure you once again, I won't be teleporting to anyone sayin "look at my title above my head" and I really hope no sr.mod does that. I would just flat out say "Event Squad, I host events." and that would be over and done with most likely.

I really don't see why sr.mods need a specific title for their specific sr.mod teams. The title is purely cosmetic and a way for staff to "show off" what they do. Saying that it'll "help" staff explain or intrigue community with questions about srmod teams, is really not a valid reason.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  14. I like it but some of them look to long. I like the trainee Choo Choo one that is so good. Just saying they are good but they are long titles :)

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  15. I'd honestly have to agree with Marzie to some degree on this. While I don't see friendly bantering to be a major problem with these tags, I do think that these tags just don't seem necessary and feel way too exclusive to Sr. Mods.

I agree that the whole "my team's the best team" could escalate to some degree. Though it seems minor, that situation would be preferably avoidable in the first place, and I don't think that adding in these tags would really be worth whatever that might bring, even if they're nice.

I don't like the concept of glorifying the specific Sr. Mod team. That's probably worded poorly, but I don't understand why we need to go past the general Sr. Mod rank title and get into the specifics of which team the member is on. Shouldn't we then add community subteams? What about Trainee and Moderator subteams? Shouldn't they get to show off which team they're on, because they also could think that their team is the best team? I also agree with Marzie that in no way should this title act as anything beyond cosmetic in the first place. I've seen some people alluding to the fact that this could help clarify what Sr. Mod teams people are on - saying "look at my title" should never replace a full answer of which team, and potentially what it does. The title should never extend beyond cosmetic and I think that even considering that, it's still just unnecessary. I saw someone (I forget who) mention that this would be a nice incentive, and I personally do not like that idea at all. Join a Sr. Mod team because you're passionate about the work, not because of the title. The title shouldn't be even a part of the reason that you want to join.

More practically, the current titles correlate with which rank you are, which is easy to deal with. Manually adding Sr. Mod team titles for each Sr. Mod on a different team would probably be a pain and I doubt it's going to be kept updated regularly and consistently.

I think that sticking with the overarching rank-related staff titles for now would be a better option than going into too much detail on each specific team and creating more problems than it's really worth. I like the title design but I don't love the idea.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    Marzie and Vocaloiid like this.
  16. Instead of titles, what about a prefix that says what team you are in? Is that too much? Might be easier for players to see what teams the different staff members are in. By prefix, I don't mean anything special, just something that can show the specific team. Not necessarily a title or a tag.

May be too much, but if you guys can work something out, it would be cool.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  17. Yo

I think this is a great idea! These titles are unique and are a way to inform players of which Sr. Mod team a Sr. Mod is in-game. I only disagree with adding a Support one because that isn't a Sr. Mod team. I also think the wording should be changed up a bit. For example, instead of having "I squash bugs" for QA have something like "Bug Squasher", just to make it seem like a title and less of a statement.

Other than that, it's a +1 from me

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  18. Yo!

I'd like to thank everyone for their post thus far, in this reply I'll be going over some comments.

The way rank specific titles work are due to sub-ranks / ranks in-general. There are only a very few sub-teams that have their own sub-rank in-game so this would be harder to track for the team leads etc. I would also like to note that sub-ranks are harder to make so this would not happen.

Prefix's aren't a thing in-game and I don't think they should be added since it would ruin the chat with not needed extra wording (in my opinion).

Ideally I added Support / Build Lead just to make all staff ranks have their own title, and Toki would also have access to the title since she is Support and still has the Support sub-rank, just since Admin is higher it tiers it.

Again, rank-based titles are down via sub-rank permissions so there would be no difference in managing them from just "sr.mod" rank.

Never stated that it would "help" in any regard, I stated it would just be for fun since titles are meant for fun.

Again, thank you to everyone who has posted on this and I look forward to seeing more replies.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2019
    24OO likes this.

19. I guess that’s fair. It’s definitely not a necessary feature and like you said, it is purely cosmetic. I’m still not entirely against it, so I’ll keep my stance that it’s just a fun little thing. I also personally don’t see how it’s actually selfish. Of course Sr Mods have “my teams the best team” in quite a lot of places, but it’s honestly not that big of a deal. What’s wrong with a little more fun?

Like I said in my past comments, I don’t see how there’s a situation to be avoided in the first place. Staff members are supposed to be mature, correct? So why would there be a situation that could escalate?

It’s honestly just an idea based on fun. Like TeaSpiller said, titles are supposed to be fun. Of course I and others have ‘alluded’ (not really alluded just flat out said it) that these could help distinguish Sr Mods and moderators. That’s definitely not the point of these titles. It would not replace answers given about Sr.Mod sub-teams. Or at least it shouldn’t. If someone asked an events squad member what their team is, there’s no way they’d say “look at my title” (their title assumingely being along the lines of “I live in Event-1”). That’s just not a replacement for an actual explanation and if a lot of the community can see that, Sr.Mods should be able to as well. By that logic moderators should be saying “look at my title” as an answer to “what is a mod” but they don’t. I’ve never seen a moderator do that and I highly doubt a Sr.Mod would treat sub-team questions any differently even with the added titles.

I also disagree with the part about how community members or mods/trainees should get titles exclusive to a sub team because a Sr.Mod does. It makes absolutely no sense to me. You have to join a Sr. mod team to become a Sr. Mod in the first place. You don’t have to join sub-teams to become a mod, or a trainee, or even a community member. I just don’t see how that’s the same thing.

I can definitely get behind reasoning that exclusive titles are mostly ranked based. Even just regular ranks get exclusive titles. However I just don’t see how it would hurt to give a Sr Mod a choice to use an exclusive title to their Sr. Mod team. They could easily keep the original title and just add the exclusive ones as well. So if you don’t like the exclusive titles, you can just use the original (or any other title for that matter).

Maybe I’m missing something but it just doesn’t seem like these should be issues. It’s honestly just harmless fun.

Posted Sep 17, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 17, 2019
  20. Hello!

I'm just kind of iffy on this idea, and do seem some issues. I'm assuming these would obviously be optional titles to turn on or off. I'm sure some Sr mods wouldn't want to use these, and I don't like the idea of some having them and some not using them. It just kind of creates this exclusive type of thing that wouldn't really benefit staff team because of that 'friendly banter' as Marzie stated.

This may or may not happen, but I can see some specific Sr mod teams getting a lot of hate in-game, as these make it quite easy to distinguish which team they're in. I understand the work that Sr mods do, but that's like saying mods should get titles for their subteams, and community members should get titles for their subteams. This could lead to jealousy and even no one shows it, I'm sure it's there.

These titles look great, no doubt there. It's just that they would attract uneccessary attention for the wrong reasons, from within the community and the staff team. Also, by no means am I saying that this will happen, it's just very likely. For now I'll being giving this a 0 leaning towards -1.

Posted Sep 17, 2019