• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3368 Players Online
  • 3368 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

F3 + B

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by bubybear, Aug 17, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you think allowing hunters to see player hitboxes by using F3 + B is fair?

1. Yes, because it is a part of vanilla Minecraft and its not easy to tell which hunters are using it.

47 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. No, because it makes it too easy to find hiders and is indistinguaishable from esp from the outside.

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. What is the community consensus when it comes to utilizing the F3 + B function in Block Hunt?

I have noticed more hunters using this vanilla function to find hiders recently. Many of these games end within two minutes and hunters who claim to use this function are often seen only hitting player blocks/entities, walking directly to them in the same way those who have prophunt esp do.
    Although anyone can use this function to see hider hitboxes and lines-of-sight by pressing F3 + B without a hacked or modded client, is it still fair for this game mode?
    New players are usually unaware and suspect hunters who see hitboxes of hacking or cheating in some manner.
    Did the creators of Block Hunt intend for this function to play a role or does it "break" the game in a sense?
    I believe MinePlex staff could improve the fairness of Block Hunt gameplay by eliminating or outlawing the utilization of F3 + B as an exploitation.
    What are your thoughts? Do you use F3 + B? Do you think it improves or degrades the fairness of Block Hunt? If outlawed, what would a suitable punishment be?
    Any and all viewpoints welcome! :)
    Thank you!

Posted Aug 17, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 17, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  2. This is totally unfair, I believe it should be disabled.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
    Bomo and FluteVegetables like this.
  3. i dont rly see how it isnt fair at all tbh hunters using f3 b lose all the time

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  4. i mean yeah they might lose but it's still complete bs

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  5. The problem is you can't really disable hitboxes being that F3+B is directly built into the game itself as a function key binding less experienced players find by opening the f3 menu and learning to hit F3+Q to view the commands list for various things. One that players often tell people to do is ALT+F4 which 99% of gamers know will force close the game (I abuse this all the time online in Dark Souls and other games where invasions of my gameplay can happen). Most trolls abuse that feature to leave before a hunter can get the kill. Anyways back to the topic:

F3+B should be patched but it can't be, not easily at least afamk. The blocks that are "solid" are not actually solid as they're a falling sand entity nbt data on a baby chicken which almost never perfectly aligns as if an actual block were to be placed down instead. ~ Ghost, Toast, and Goat

PS: If anyone tells you to hold down F3+C for ten seconds do not do that or you'll have a bad time.
    PS x2:
    - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/hitboxes.11208/
    - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/fix-hitboxes.148193/
    - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/solution-for-hitboxes-sizes.13317/
    Check threads before posting a dupe unintentionally, as many people will try to harass you about it, otherwise good bringing it back up as it is quite important to find a way to stop hitboxes.

Posted Aug 17, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 17, 2020
  6. wasn't aware people cared about this. if you think this should be removed, don't play block hunt. that's all i gotta say...

Posted Aug 17, 2020
    ItsMeDan17 and SugarySenpai64 like this.
  7. F3 and B helps you see every entity , you cant see the hiders if they are solid blocks but you can see them when they start running and it also shows every animal not just the person disguised as one so its not really that good at finding new hiders
    But i would like to see staff actually ban ESPers because they are so blatant .

Posted Aug 17, 2020
    ItsMeDan17 and okDamien like this.
  8. I think that F3+B should be allowed because it is apart of vanilla, so everyone has access to it.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  9. F3+B won't be removed/blocked as Mineplex management doesn't want to ban something that was implemented into Minecraft by its owners.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  10. F3+B is part of the original game, it is literally available for anyone to use. Also, F3+B doesn't show all the hiders. It only shows the misaligned ones, which are the ones that are "solid" but they have moved around in the one block place, so it is really the players fault for exposing themselves. It is completely fair, and the main strategy doesn't even involve hiding as a block. Also, F3+B and ESP are completely different things. I do see where you are coming from, but think about this. How would the staff be able to tell if a hunter is using F3+B? And the punishment? Like I said, it is available for everyone. There is no concrete way of directly determining if a hunter is using F3+B or not. Map memorization exists, and if you've played BH for a while, you'll notice there'll be certain patterns in the block piles, and you can just tell if something is off. In conclusion, I think F3+B is completely fair because it is available to everyone, it doesn't show all hiders, and it doesn't even help counter the main strategy.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
    ItsMeDan17 likes this.
  11. Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2020
  12. It is unfair because I see people doing this in videos and finding people easily.

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  13. Although this might come off as an issue or just unfair, pretty sure that something like this can't be removed as mentioned by others, it's something that's in Minecraft's game mechanics and features. F3+B highlights all entities, and this in Block Hunt includes all animals/mobs and any moving block. Just make sure to hide properly and everything should be fine!

Posted Aug 17, 2020
  14. What are the best tips for avoiding detection when a hunter is adept at using F3 +B? Also, what is the best way to distinguish between hinters using ESP and those just using F3 + B? Thanks again everyone!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 17, 2020
  15. I hate all the new random hunters who heavily rely on f3+b and have no actual hunting skills. However, hitboxes are built into the game, so unless Mineplex changes the way morphs function, it will be impossible to make f3+b punishable.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
  16. What really needs to happen is to replace glitched hit-box hiders (you can see them even when set in place while hiding) with whichever entity they are using (i think falling sand). However in order to have this be fixed and keep the game fair for hunters, there would be some huge changes to hiding to make it even remotely possible for the hunter team to win on maps that are not easy to win on. F3+b is one of the only realistic ways to win as a hunter because it is pretty unbalanced for hunting unless you have like 4 people who play regularly and know the game somewhat well.

Posted Aug 18, 2020
    Jaek likes this.
  17. Hey,

Regarding the matter, I do believe that using f3+b can cause some frustration within the community. And, having moderators confirm that using f3+b is allowed "as it is a vanilla function built into all vanilla clients and, thus, cannot be punished" can still cause a bit of tension between the community and the staff team.

With that said, what exactly would happen if using f3+b became punishable in-game?

Well, quite simply, one of two scenarios would likely end up being played out:

1. f3+b would only end up being punishable in a situation where it can be proven conclusively and definitively that a player is using f3+b.

What does that mean?

Well, in order for players to be punished using this, they would need to be proven guilty through means that show staff members their client-sided perspective. Basically, they would only be punished through self-reports.

For the record, "self-reporting" is done when a staff member is able to obtain some form of evidence that can be proven to be the view from the suspect's perspective. This requires the suspect to essentially say "Hi [staff member]! This is, definitively, my client-sided view!"

Why would anyone do that?

Well, they wouldn't. Self-reporting is usually accidental and occurs when a player creates a report on someone else, and the evidence they use also shows that they have broken some in-game rule. For instance, let's say that the person reports a player b-hopping and using tp-aura in block hunt... but also shows that they're using a minimap modification that shows entities' locations within the display. The b-hopper would be banned, but so would they, as using minimaps that show these features is explicitly stated to be against the rules.

Bada-boom bada-bing, the reporter just created a self-report.

2. f3+b would only be punishable by members of QA.

This would play out just as the current state of kill aura does in-game. Players would spam the community Staff Request with "Are there any QA members online??!????!" They would not receive an answer, not make a report, and nothing gets done.

For the players who actually want to see a change, they would need to make forum reports with a large quantity of evidence against the user for QA to work with (just like with kill aura). Since there are so many different factors at play here, QA is the only team that is qualified to be able to distinguish the differences between "suspicious gameplay" and "actually using a blacklisted feature."

This, by the way, takes a ton of work and effort on both sides (ours and QA's). 9/10 times, the reports submitted do not contain a sufficient amount of evidence for QA to make a definitive decision. It comes down to "how much doubt is there?" And, when that answer is a bit too large, a punishment simply cannot be issued...

And as a side note, these are the currently listed individuals who are a part of QA:

[​IMG]

A whopping 8 people!

So whenever players post in StaffRequest asking for a member of QA, just remember that there are only 8 people listed as a part of QA (mineplex.com/staff).

Quality Assurance (QA) is a Senior Moderator team. What this means is, to become a member, a player must 1. be accepted as a trainee, 2. complete their trainee trial, 3. get accepted as moderator, 4. made it through their moderator trial (yes, there's a moderator trial! [last I heard, anyways- which was in 2018 so things might have changed just a bit]), 5. apply to Quality Assurance, and 6. get accepted onto Quality Assurance! (The first four require a TON of skill and dedication, and the last two require even MORE skill and MORE dedication with respect to the specific field).

Essentially, despite this being seen as an unfair mechanism throughout the community, making it a punishable offense will make very little difference- if any- while also punishing players making reports against legitimate hackers for using a vanilla feature.

-Dan

Posted Aug 22, 2020
  18. The only reason F3 + b is overpowered right now, is because of a bug, where solidified blocks don't solidify all the way sometimes making the hit boxes show. The most straightforward solution is to patch this bug soon so Mineplex won't have to deal with backlash if a rule change is made.

Posted Aug 22, 2020
  19. I would say the best way is to be an animal, because the F3+B issue really only applies to blocks. The best way to distinct F3+B and ESP is that with ESP, it shows EVERY single hider, where as F3+B does not show every single hider.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
  20. I don't think this will be made punishable, as this is a vanilla Minecraft feature. Games are designed with these features in mind, and allowing this was most likely intentional. Mineplex has a justified history of not punishing for vanilla features (such as F5 in MineStrike) so I do not believe this will come to fruition, unfortunately.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.