• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5985 Players Online
  • 5985 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

F3 + B

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by bubybear, Aug 17, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you think allowing hunters to see player hitboxes by using F3 + B is fair?

1. Yes, because it is a part of vanilla Minecraft and its not easy to tell which hunters are using it.

47 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. No, because it makes it too easy to find hiders and is indistinguaishable from esp from the outside.

23 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. I don't have anything to say besides that it ruins the actual "hide and seek" experience and people using them usually end up being the reason my friends and I log off Mineplex. It's really disappointing.

Posted Sep 1, 2020
  2. I mean, I think it shouldn't be allowed, but how can you really prevent it?

Posted Sep 2, 2020
    Grant138 likes this.
  3. F3 + B isn't super useful nor does it fall under what I'd consider cheating. It can't see blocks that are locked in place, doesn't allow for distinguishing between normal animals and hiders, and even with moving blocks you have to have them in your sight. It's nowhere as powerful as ESP and on top of that it's part on the vanilla game so blocking it is out of the question. I've played a few matches with and without it and it only is useful when trying to hit hiders or find the annoying flowerpots that sit on roofs.

Posted Oct 3, 2020
    Grant138 likes this.
  4. Mineplex already has a hard time banning real cheaters in Block Hunt, so making a vanilla feature against the rules is something that Mineplex can't due to its lack of man power. It also isn't an issue in the current meta, most skilled hunters who use F3 + B have already memorized common block piles, and anyone who has put a respectable amount of time into the game will realize that being a block and picking a spot to hide in is an ineffective strategy. Even when you are going up against players who aren't using hit boxes, it will just come down to luck, which is never any fun.

Posted Oct 3, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 3, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  5. Exactly. The only thing f3+b does is 1. highlight players who haven't solidified yet and 2. make use of an issue with "de-entitying" solidified blocks. To be frank, is you're intent is to win as a hider, either hide in a spot that isn't checked very often or go as an animal. Since the 2018(?) Block Hunt update, animals' heads are now locked at a 90 degree rotational position with regards to rotating up and down. As such, going as a sheep is... surprisingly effective should you do it right. On Museum, I was the last hider alive once while being a sheep in the back area of the giant open hub spot. In fact, I actually confused a radar hunter for the better half of two minutes before I was finally slaughtered by their rose bush.

-Dan

Posted Oct 3, 2020
  6. Are you kidding me, I still look straight ahead when disguised as an animal. Also the sheep strategy more or less applies to all animals. I was able to easily snag a win on Cookie Town using a chicken and my axe and only had to run when a radar guy came over around 4 minutes in, even though chickens always tend to look sus.

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  7. Just gonna address some stuff here

No there's a bug with the world loader that makes the hitboxes of solidified hiders show. That's the only issue with f3+b and it shouldn't be a punishable one.

Yes I have used it for almost 5000/5000 of the games that I've played in BH.

This only affects those who hide as a block, and if you're only hiding as a block it's been shown that you aren't going to win much...I suggest playing as a chicken since it has the smallest melee hitbox and isn't affected by the f3+b bug.

Preach

Also I'd like to add on that the only good thing about f3+b is the fact that it can teach you how to hunt and learn certain spots. It's been in the game for almost two years now (since the engine update in early 2019) and become a pretty big part of hunting. Should it be fixed? 100%. Should people be punished for using a Minecraft feature? Absolutely not.

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    RamiSlicer likes this.