• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Failing to change my Profile Picture/Cover

Discussion in 'Help' started by SuperThePiplup, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperThePiplup

SuperThePiplup

Heya. So I wanted to change by cover/profile picture since both are outdated however whenever I upload anything it just doesn't work. It doesn't say error or anything, it just doesn't work. Can someone help?

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  2. Idut

Idut

Heyoo! I have had this issue as well, and what I'm saying might not be the case with you, but hopefully It can help some.

For me, whenever I uploaded a new PFP to change it, it would give the "Upload was successful" Message but it wouldn't actually change the PFP or background to what I uploaded. It didn't load instantly, but after a few minutes of just letting it sit it changed on its own when I refreshed the website or restarted my device and went back onto the website. In some rare cases it may even take a few hours to finally upload, but give it some time. However, If this isn't the case for you and letting it wait doesn't work there are a few things you can do to try to fix this.

Such as, making sure that the photo fits the at least 200x200 list. Once you have confirmed they are the proper size I would try to switch it using a different device to upload it. Such as if you are using a computer, try to use your mobile device to upload it. This worked for me when I switched to this Shaggy PFP haha.

If this still doesn't work, even after waiting a few mins/restarting computer I would do the following: I would try to clear my browser data. To do this if you are using Google Chrome click the three dots on the top right hand corner of your browser, then click history, then clear browser data.

I hope you can solve this issue soon, thank you for taking the time to make a post about it! Have a good day/night and always feel free to DM me or respond to this post if you are still having this issue. Take care!

Posted Mar 14, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 14, 2019
  3. happens too me a lot. Refresh the page and retry. It may eventually work, it did for me!

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  4. StephenTries

StephenTries

Hi!

This happens to me very frequently. When I was trying to change my layout to a purple Ariana Grande theme, I had a lot of issues regarding the cover.

All I can say is upload the biggest image you can. Not overly huge, but the biggest the website will allow. This means it can’t suddenly decide your cover is too small. I managed to find a picture that was quite large pixel-wise and it works just fine. The only issue is with almost-too-large images is the fact they are unable to adjust; so make sure you like the top of the photo/banner!

After you upload the image, it may take a loooooong time to install itself to your account. For me it took about 2 hours which wasn’t ideal but hey what can you do? If it doesn’t work after 2 hours (it is an excessively long time), do what Idut says and delete your browsing history. I’d do that just because there might be background interference on another website slowing down your browser.

Hope I helped you!
    I told you as much as I know haha.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  5. z609

z609

A majority of the time, the servers and your web browser (for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) will cache your old profile picture and cover. A cache saves non-important or any data that isn't likely to change frequently (for example, profile pictures or banners) to a fast storage area. This saves both your Internet connection and the server's hardware resources, and also helps with speed as your browser's cached version of the image(s) will load faster from your hard drive than over the Internet. As a result, however, the new images you upload don't exactly replace the ones on your hard drive or profile right away, and will only update after the cached versions expire. While this is a little bit disappointing, in the long run I think that this is beneficial in providing fast website access while still retaining the same general functionality.

The above caching reason is also why it takes about a day for your Google profile picture to update on all of Google's websites (YouTube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc.).

I think @Wanderer would be more inclined to give a full answer as to the real reasoning behind the delay in profile pictures and walls, as my reasoning is mere speculation but still completely reasonable.

Hope you're having a great day/night,
    z609

Posted Mar 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.