• 1004 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8701 Players Online
  • 7697 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned "Favorite Game" (My [probably] worthless idea)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Spookyceps, Sep 21, 2020.

?

What do you think?

1. Yep, its a good idea and I want to see it being implemented!

85.7%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am a moderator and I think that you should pay for boosts

14.3%
  4. Cardyceps has poor grammar.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So here is the thing. Today I went to a local shop to buy some food, however, this wasn't an ordinary supermarket! They have unusual feature-long story short, you can mark one product as your FAVORITE product and you will always have a discount on this product. After thinking for a while I understood that a similar system might be added to Mineplex!

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present to you the "Favorite Game" ! So after reaching level 20 a window or whatever it is called will appear and it will ask you to mark one of the games as your favorite game! The favorite game bonus will be giving you x2 gems boost, but you can use it only once per day, you will also receive 10 more shards after each match and 25 more xp points (also after each match).

Some other stuff I want to say:
    1)The "Favorite Game" boost can't be combined with amplifiers.
    2)This is a free boost and you don't have to pay for it as you would pay for rank.
    3)Feel free to correct me if you think that something in this idea is wrong.

Posted Sep 21, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2020
  2. The first thing I would like to point out that next time when proposing a idea, make sure to place it under the General Idea Discussion sub-forum. I feel that adding this favorite idea game will break the gems, shards, and experience economies. Mineplex doesn't need a repeat of last year's Area 51 raid gamemode. It also completely lowers the value of a Game Amplifier or Experience Boosts, since now you could get these for free instead of having to purchase them at the store. This seems like it would be a bad move for Mineplex as it would be missing out on potential profits when people start buying less in the shop. Overall, I give this idea a -1.

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  3. 1)How can 80 gems instead of 40 gems brake the game if it works once per day and we aren't even touching the fact that you might get only only one gem 'cause you lost so it will turn into two gems.
    2)I believe that you need like ten thousand shards to open the cheapest chest so ten more shards won't feel like something super cool.
    3)Its about 100 more xp. I though about decreasing it to 25 xp (so I changed the 100 to 25 in my primary post).
    You need like 60 thousand xp to get to level 44 so 25xp is NOT a big deal.
    4)You can ask me if you feel that something is wrong.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2020
  4. Thank you for taking the time to write out this idea!
    I am going to have to give this idea a -1 for now. Yes, it would be a really nice feature to have, and I am sure players would love this, but it's really not feasible. You have to keep in mind that Mineplex is a business, the only way businesses stay afloat is through profits. Implementing this would decrease game amplifier sales, which isn't good.
    Plus, xp isn't really a necessity to play on the server, a level 1 has just as much power as a level 100, so I just feel like this isn't really needed.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  5. I don't think having one game of double gems a day means the entire value of a game amp is worthless... Also, people use amps for the double shards not for the increase in gems anyways. Worst comes to the worst just nerf the double shard and make it a small set amount each game. The ideas actually pretty cute, although it may not be the most pressing, I don't feel like any of the points made against it actually have any merit or weight and just feel like blatant criticisms with no solutions. In my eyes this is a 0 for me. Cute if implemented but I won't be a ball of rage if it doesn't see the light of day. :)

Also, when 25xp is considered enough to rival an amps xp :skull:

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Spookyceps likes this.
  6. Wow! I thought that people like you don't exist! It is good to know that some people understand that one use of x2 gem per day WON'T destroy Mineplex's economy.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Palidity likes this.
  7. Hey!

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea.

Unfortunately, this has been deemed unnecessary as well as not great overall to the current rewards system (which is already fairly balanced). Given this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
    Thanks again for sharing.

Idea Not Planned

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    WinteryOsprey38 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.