• 367 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5417 Players Online
  • 5050 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Favourite Gaming Console?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dracoplayz5894, Jan 9, 2022.

?

Favourite Gaming Device?

1. PC

54.3%
  2. Xbox

20.0%
  3. PlayStation

11.4%
  4. Nintendo

11.4%
  5. iPhone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

2.9%
  1. Curious to see what you guys like to play on the most; Comment a reason for it if you want!

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    Soul Of Alpha and N0TVexx like this.
  2. I'm on the fence of PC/Playstation because I have played on the PS3 and PS4 for years, all the way back when I was around 6 or 7, and only got a PC in 2020. I'd say they are both really great.

While Playstation doesn't have a lot of games out there, for example smaller indie games that can't get their own console adaptation, it still has a ton, especially the bigger titles. And not to mention Playstation exclusives, some of which are literally the best games I have ever played (especially Bloodborne), which you can't find anywhere else. So I think it is definitely one of the better consoles out there. I also always found Playstation to be a lot more user-friendly and clean compared to Xbox but that is just personal preference (I also love Playstation's trophy system as an achievement hunter, lol).

As for pc, it definitely has a lot more games which I'm so glad I have the chance to play. Not only can I get games from Steam, Epic Games, and other applications but also from smaller platforms like Itch or Gamejolt. Also, if you have the right parts, then a PC will be much more powerful and run games beautifully.

Building a beast pc comes at a significant cost, though, which is why I think that Playstation is definitely tied with the pc on this one. I also used to play the Nintendo DS and 3DS a lot when I was younger, but I don't think it's my favourite. I loved Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, and Battle of Giants, though

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    Dracoplayz5894 likes this.
  3. I like Xbox or pc

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    N0TVexx likes this.
  4. Hey,

I really like this question because I've played a lot of things throughout my years and as I've grown to be older, I really appreciate the PC gaming world the most. There's a lot of things you can do on a PC that you can't do with a console and it makes things easier in the long run.

But back 10 years ago, I was playing on the Nintendo/X-Box the most, those are the only consoles I had access to and the games were a lot of fun, they will always hold the soft spot for me.

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    N0TVexx and Niqhtys like this.
  5. Hi!

This was pretty difficult for me since I do regularly play multiple consoles, and having to narrow it down to just one was difficult.

PS. I have a playstation 5 and I use it for everything. Youtube, Netflix, Prime, a few games, etc) and it's fun for gameplay, but also as a cable substitute for me.
    PC. I obviously play PC pretty frequently with Minecraft, but outside of that I really don't play much on PC, which eliminated this option pretty quickly for me.
    Xbox. I had an xbox for a long time, had the Xbox 360 and had the Xbox One, but ended up switching to PS afterwards because I liked the new gen console more than the Xbox version, which eliminated this option as well.
    iPhone. I have an iPhone but i'm not overly attached to it, Id switch to an Android without a second thought, however, if you mean a smart phone in general, it would be pretty hard to live without as most of my life revolves around it. My entertainment life, my work life, my social contact with my friends, meeting new people, etc). It's kind of sad how important it is, but it really is important to my every day life, which makes it very hard to replace.
    Nintendo. When it comes to pure enjoyment and gameplay, this wins. I'm a massive fan of Pokemon and Nintendo as a whole, and I play on the Switch a lot. When it comes to playing games, this is probably my favourite system.

If I had to chose what id like to play on the most, I'd probably choose Nintendo. I would choose my Phone when it comes down to what's more important in my every day life, but when it comes down to what I enjoy playing games on the most, I'd have to go with the Nintendo Switch since I love playing games on this console. Super fun question!

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    I LIKE POSTS, Niqhtys and Harrry like this.
  6. Hey!

Disregarding my computer, my favorite console has to be the PlayStation.

I've used PlayStation since I was little, starting with the original PlayStation playing Crash Bandicoot with my brother. I then moved to the Ps2, which wasn't much of an upgrade graphics-wise, but nevertheless, I loved using it. I used the Ps2 for YEARS until I finally got a Ps3. I was ecstatic when I got it and I think I played on it for 2 days straight without stopping. Along with the Ps3, it came with Skyrim, a free roam adventure game where you get to battle dragons and such. I got the Ps4 the year it came out, and I've loved it since I got it. I haven't been able to use it much a lot because I spend lots of time in my room, but when I go on trips I use it quite a bit. I haven't been able to snag a Ps5 yet though, as they sold out almost instantly and now they have stopped production and I probably won't be able to get one for a little bit :,)

PC wise, I use it almost every day if not every day. I play tons of Minecraft, as well as other games. I love to play games like Phasmophobia, which is a game where you collect evidence and talk to the ghost you're hunting to determine what ghost you're hunting. Valorant is also a game I play often, I'm not very good at it whatsoever, but @siee likes to carry me.

I used to play a lot of CS:GO, but the competitive community got very toxic and it made it quite difficult to play, as players wouldn't try and it would make it difficult to keep a good competitive rank.

Great question!

Posted Jan 9, 2022
    I LIKE POSTS likes this.
  7. Commodore 64

Posted Jan 9, 2022
  8. Like what people said, they have played a lot of consoles growing up, which is the same for me.
    I started with PlayStation, I believe the first one I got was either PSP or PS2. Most of my childhood was from it. I also played casual games on PC (it was a regular computer) and Nintendo DS back then. I got an Xbox 360 when I saw one of the editions they have that contained 2 of the casual games I used to play on PC (It was the Xbox 360 Arcade). That was when I moved away from PlayStation. While old is gold, I enjoy modern technology. The experience I got on Xbox 360 was so much different than PlayStation 2 since it introduced a lot of things that we use today: Online gaming, digital distribution (marketplace/store), watching YouTube and other media, and especially private chat with friends. I did get PS3 and Wii consoles too and they are good in their own ways. While the majority of people in my country have PlayStation consoles, I'm with the minority who have Xbox consoles. When the Xbox One/PS4 era was going to begin, my family members tried to convince me to get a PS4 but nope, I went with the Xbox One because I enjoyed the Xbox 360, so logically it makes sense why I chose it, since I know that Xbox will make things better over time which I was right about. I got a PS4 1 year after the Xbox One (2015), but I didn't play it a lot. I got the Switch in 2019, it was a unique console, but I never played it that much. I got the Xbox Series X day 1 since I pre ordered it. Thankfully I live in a country where Xbox is not that popular, so it didn't sell out until a few days later. People really are sleeping on the Xbox Series consoles. I also got a gaming PC the same year I got the Xbox Series X, at the beginning of the year.

To sum it up: My favorite console is Xbox as I play all my games on it except Minecraft, which I play it on PC.

Posted Jan 11, 2022
  9. I have always been pretty bad with controllers and I'm not coordinated with my thumbs enough to screen scroll fast enough to be a pro console player. PE and PC are probably my favorite although I have not played PE in a good 4 years.

Posted Jan 11, 2022
  10. As a kid I had an xbox 360 which was super great, but I had to have a gold membership to actually be able to play wth anyone. Not sure if that's how it works for the other consoles, but that was a major downside to xbox. I have a laptop now which does most of what I want. There are downsides however as I have a MacBook and it doesn't support all games, for instance, bedrock :(

Posted Jan 11, 2022
  11. That truly is a shame my friend. At least you have access to java and you understand Minecraft is good in both editions. Your not one of the scummy people who bicker and fight about which edition of MC is better, They both have the same TradeMark.

Posted Jan 11, 2022
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  12. the switch is the only console I've ever had so I'd have to say the switch

Posted Jan 11, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  13. why is there even a competition...

PC MASTER RACE

Posted Jan 11, 2022
  14. Laptop/pc or mobile the reason for this is you have a lot of advantages on both consoles. On mobile you have way better aim than on pc but on the other side you can't click as fast as on pc with a mouse. However, both consoles are great. Depending on the gamemode you chose to play you can focus of different criteria with them.

Posted Jan 11, 2022
  15. Xbox. Idk playstation is full of script kiddies tbh, would rather not get doxxed for beating someone in a game of cod lol. Plus I'm an xbox player myself, so my opinion will be biased

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  16. This is definitely difficult, but honestly I'm mostly of a PC gaming/Nintendo Switch gaming so having to choose between them is a bit difficult. But, if I had to choose, I'll go with the PC at first, because it's so much easier there to play games like Minecraft, and OSU! or even other games like League of Legends. It's where you can essentially control your character, or mouse, or whatever it is much easier than other games, and you have more options in order to do things than if you were to use another device in my opinion. This is especially true because you get a whole keyboard to use as a controller along with a mouse, thus making you ability to do moves much more complex. But then there are also games which are better, and even more satisfying if done on a Nintendo Switch for example, such as in my opinion, Celeste, Hollow Knight, etc.

Posted Jan 15, 2022
  17. PC 8s best way t9molay games

Posted Jan 15, 2022
  18. 1. PC
    [POWER GAP]
    2. Switch
    3. Playstation
    [POWER GAP]
    4. Xbox

Posted Mar 6, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  19. Hello,
    For me my first console was a Wii when I was around 4,5 years old and it was my first gaming experience. Playing games like Wii Sport/Wii Sport Resort are both very fond memories.
    Then I had a DS/3DS, playing games like Super Mario 64 then I had a PS4 which I have definitely played on the most, and I do love my playstation but to answer your question directly I would choose a Wii.

Posted Mar 6, 2022
    GRGoodGame likes this.
  20. Hmmm this is kind of hard. I'm going to go with PC just because of how versatile it is and how advanced it is compared to the other competition (in my opinion), however, a close second and third are the PS4/Xbox1 and the Nintendo DSi. The PS4/Xbox1 combo is what I played a ton in middle school and early high school, spending hours on games like NBA2k and Call of Duty. However, I soon switched to PC to play Cod, Valorant, CSGO, Minecraft, and a few other games just because of my disapproval of how the NBA community and game were going. The reason why I like the DS so much is that I used to spend a TON of time playing pokemon games on it in Elementary School, and some of those memories are really nice to think back on.

Posted Mar 6, 2022