• 1310 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3889 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Favourite Removed Gamemode

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Snowing_, Nov 13, 2019.

1. There's been a lot of threads about favourite things in the current gamemodes on Mineplex, but what about all the games that used to be here?!

If you remember an old game that you loved, say it here! Mine was Skyfall, it was very unique because it was basically the more fun version of SG; since you got to zoom around the map flying through booster rings and engaging in combat in the sky. Unfortunately, it was removed since there weren't as many updates and people didn't like having to switch to 1.9 to play it (since it required elytras). There were a lot of other old games that I think were fun too, but which ones do you remember?! State them here! [​IMG]

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  2. Without a doubt mine would be Team-Deathmatch. I loved how there was the team aspect of the game, but you also had the ability to work alone to get kills. The game went by pretty fast, and I was able to get many wins from out. However, as Dominate and Clans became more popular, it makes sense for it to be removed. Whilst sad, I'll still have all of those memories with me.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Xion, Im_Ken, GAM and 2 others like this.
  3. Heyo!

Mine would probably have to be type wars, as I really thought it was a unique and fun game for the little amount of time it was out. It was removed a while ago, but the main reason I liked it was because I am a fast typer, so usually it made the game a lot easier and more enjoyable for me. It was also good accuracy practice, as for the most part I would rarely miss the words that came out. This game definitely holds a lot of my childhood memories of Mineplex, and I really do miss it. It also didn't involve PvP or PvE, it was simply typing which I enjoyed. Interesting survey, I'm curious to see if anybody shares a common interest on this ground. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Xukuri, Not_Gamer, GAM and 1 other person like this.
  4. My favorite game would be wizards. I loved this game because of the variety and funny noises. Also, there was a lot of strategy in the game as well as room for hilarious things to happen. @TooMuchXMas4You wpm? Mine's average 114.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  5. W I Z A R D S
    (I swear to god if this counts towards my post count someone's going to yell at me in my discord)

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Crash, Mitchy and SpitefulNick like this.
  6. Hey!

I like this question a lot as I think it’s nice to revisit and think about some retired game modes on Mineplex. For me, I miss UHC the most. This game mode was a really fun game I was able to play with friends for hours. It was enjoyable, I liked the PvP aspect of it, and the game overall posed a fun challenge. I can understand why it was removed though, and perhaps sometime in the future we can see it’s return. Another game I really miss was Type Wars. Like @TooMuchXMas4You said above, it was a really fun and very unique game-mode that I wish I could still play. Thanks for making this post, it helped me remember some of the good times I had playing these games!

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    GAM and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  7. It varies, the highest I got on a website was 315 but that was 2 short sentences and on my google chromebook in school. On the average normally, 100-130 WPM. I've had a lot of people at school talk to me about it as well, since I've been practicing for over 6 years and it is just something I enjoy haha. Glad to see some people miss this game as well, throwback to the old Christmas Chaos since it's that time of year again (soon)!

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  8. Ahhh the good ol' Mineplex days. My favorite tactic would be the using the sinkhole power and spawn wolfs to trap and attack them in the hole, it worked every time lol.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  9. My favorite removed game is Type Wars. Because I am not the best at games that involve combat, I found Type Wars to be a game that I was quite skilled at and was also highly enjoyable. It was a very exciting game and there was nothing like it on other Minecraft servers. I also happened to be interested in a typing game on a website back then, so the release of Type Wars was a pretty big coincidence for me. I would likely spend hours upon hours grinding it if it were to come back onto the server. There are a bunch of other games that I wish were added back, especially Castle Siege, but Type Wars is a game that brought back many memories and happened to be what I was into at the time.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  10. My favorite would be castle siege, I remember it being one of the earliest games I got addicted to. I had a time period where I was constantly playing castle siege, even on random MPSes because of how fun it was! I remember when I first started playing I would always want to be a defender or a "knight" only to end up dying and becoming a wolf until the end of the game. I got a little bit better as time went on and I tried to not die as much as possible when defending the king. It's also fun to play on the undead team, especially when getting the TNT, that was usually pretty intense! I loved every aspect of the game and I hope that the game returns in the future, maybe a modified version of the game with a lower player count? I guess only time can tell.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  11. Hello!

To be completely honest, I truly miss most games that are, sadly, not with us anymore. The one I miss the most; however, would be Castle Siege. It was a one-of-a-kind game that could never be replaced. Although, I was not the best at that game. It was definitely a unique game that anyone could fall in love with!

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  12. There were a bunch of unreleased or beta games I think , and some of those were really fun but they were either cancelled or unreleased like I said above. 2 games(Im breaking the rules ik) I miss the most are Wizards and Mineplex Competitive League. Wizards because I played it on another server originally and that was super fun back when I was a kid, then it merged with Mineplex and while it still has the "wizards" vibe it just didnt feel right for some reason/different. I still would enjoy it back to being a public game with a revamp. Mineplex Competitive League was another fun one, similar to League of Legends you got the Tower Aspect, Baron/Rift Herald(Wither), and the MOBA Aspect with survival through furnaces and getting trees and stuff like that. I remember making a "competitive" team, but then it got removed D:. I really liked the concept of it and I feel like it could also make a comeback with polish and revamp. Just my two cents.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Xukuri and GAM like this.
  13. Hey there!

This is a nice thread, and I like to see all the responses people are giving to it. I personally really liked was Minplex Competitive League. It was such a cool, new game and I spent many hours in it. I loved that game and miss it to death.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    SpitefulNick and GAM like this.
  14. It's a toss up between Heroes of Gwen and Tug of Wool. I enjoyed playing MOBA's before I started on mineplex so when they release Heroes of Gwen, I was motivated to play it because the play style is different from regular MOBA's that I played despite them being the same type of game. I miss Tug of Wool because despite it being infuriating sometimes, it made it easier to find games that the whole party can play (mainly so I can yell at them when a cow was coming) in Mixed Arcade. It sucks that it was only out for a brief moment, but I made the most out of it and I'll be waiting if it ever decides to come back

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  15. It’s been about 3-4 years since my first and only time playing java, but when I did (at my friends house) I played only two games, which were Castle Assault and Bridges (while my friends were eating thanksgiving dinner lol). I loved those two games a lot, but since I’m no java expert, I have no idea whether they’ve been removed or not hahah. 90% sure that Bridges is still there, not sure about Castle Assault.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  16. Type Wars was so fun! It was unique among Minecraft servers and it was just really soothing and relaxing (though that goes for most non-pvp games). MCL was fun because I had a group of friends that I played with at the time so it was really enjoyable. Skyfall was good, it was just a shame that people didn't really give it a chance. It was just SG but you can fly, however it changed how you played a lot and the tense 1 v 1 chases through the sky were definitely a change of pace from normal games. And finally Wizards. Does it need an explanation?

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  17. Type Wars was pretty fun. I'm a fast typer so I particularly enjoyed it. Also, I really miss TDM. It was actually my favourite Champions gamemode around late 2015/early 2016 and I was sad to see that it had been removed upon returning to the server.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  18. SnD, Minekart, SSM DOM (if it had an actually good map), or most likely HoG

It does

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  19. My favourite removed game mode is Castle Siege. The community is small but passionate and I made a lot of my friend from there. It is the same people playing over and over again so we meet a lot. I usually play Defenders because it is more entertaining and challenging as Undead win 80% of the time.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  20. Hey there.

My favorite removed game mode would have to be Castle Assault. I just really enjoy playing PvP games, as they're really fun and competitive. I don't know the exact reason why the game was removed, but it was probably because of the lack of interaction and players actually playing the game mode.

Have a fantastic rest of your day.

-JYTG

Posted Nov 17, 2019