• 153 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3287 Players Online
  • 3134 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Featured Game NPC

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Kihta, Aug 6, 2022.

?

Should a featured games NPC be added, with player votes to decide the gamemode?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2022.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey,

My suggestion for Mineplex is to add a Featured Game NPC In the lobby, with games from the "legacy" section of /stats (any game that can't be played right now) to rotate through a weekly or bi-weekly select few games. Note: This shouldn't be added right now, but if a few hundred players come back once Death Run and the new infrastructure release, it could be good for the server.

This rotation could be player-voted, or done on a rotation of a small selection of gamemodes that were once popular, but now aren't. This hopefully will be successful as when Castle Siege was released for a few weeks, games were always starting and lobbies were never usually empty. Most games from the "legacy" section shouldn't come back, as some games suchj as Bawk Bawk Battles have been reworked (Nano Games). However, games like Champions TDM, Castle Siege, Castle Assault and Wizards could return and would be good as the server would have more variety in games.

Games that are currently playable on the server, but don't start due to lack of players, could also be featured. For example Skywars, Survival Games and The Bridges. I think this idea would be much more effective if the server grows in popularity, which I think it will, if the next update is successful and if Mineplex promotes the update online. I think this would help revive some of the games with few players, and the featured game could also have 2x XP enabled to incentivize people to play them.

Finally, a voting system, whether it be on the forums or in-game, could also be good for the server. The voting system could provide another use for gems (I know this was used a few years ago), and players would be able to vote for games they want to see featured, which would prevent unwanted games being featured.

Any feedback on this is appreciated, hopefully this can be implemented!

Thank you for reading.

Welp this flopped

Posted Aug 6, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 7, 2022
  2. Anything that would help single out a certain game to get people to play it more often would be nice.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kihta likes this.
  3. Yeah that's what I was thinking tbh, featuring a game and giving it 2x xp for the week/2 weeks it is featured for would bring so many players to those games.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  4. I wouldn't get my hopes too high with rereleasing old games though. The last time Castle Siege was out (CASTLE SIEGE!), it could barely crack 14 players.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  5. Nah I used to grind Castle Siege when it was out around christmas time, it would be really active then die out each day, it'd get 40 players quite often though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2022
  6. In 2021? Because after the first week or two it was dead as a doornail. If we wanted to get a game started, everyone needed to bring their alts to fill the lobby.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  7. Yeah I think around Christmas 2021, when I played it was really active, got like 150 wins and almost all the achievements.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2022
  8. I honestly think this is a good idea if done correctly. I feel like if we make this a thing but have it feature some less popular games that rarely get players then it doesn't really do much. However, if it features games that use to get a lot of players (Bridges for example) then it could really benefit the server by bringing in some more players to those specific games. I don't think this is a super important thing that we need to add currently, and I agree with you that this shouldn't be focused on right this second, however the general idea is a good one and I see it bringing in some more players to the featured games. Great idea!

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    Kihta likes this.
  9. Yeah, not much point doing it now as there aren't enough players to fill popular games at times, so less popular games would almost definitely not fill, however in the future maybe they will depending on if players return/ new players start playing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2022