• 448 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6526 Players Online
  • 6078 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

First attempt at digital art

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Thomas A. Anderson, May 17, 2022.

1. Digital art seemed unfathomable as for my entire life, I have drawn on paper and had learned how to draw on paper.

In fact i believed Digital art was beyond me while at the same time i knew it enabled for an amount of detail and precision that would really help my mental images and drafts come to life.

I longed for a representation of my MC Skin combined with my favorite animal (deer), and had exactly in my head what it looked like. However, i could only bring it to full life through digital drawing...

Since i knew for sure i would have never started a digital work properly from scratch, I decided to combine the best of both worlds: I used paper and pencil to draw the general idea and shape of both me (my minecraft skin) and the deer. I then scanned the draft and colored it in Medibang, also giving in to the need to add more details and toy with the program I found myself satisfied with this first result.

Today, I am glad to announce I have finally finished my first ever digital artwork: The product of both manual pencil and new technology creating what i think is my first proper drawing of a person and an animal.

I still cannot fathom how I only used my mouse for this: I own no drawing tablet.

Hopefully this is an inspiration for other artists out there that it IS possible to draw not merely with talent, but hard work and especially inspiration.

Constructive criticism is welcome if not encouraged, especially since this is my very first attempt.

[​IMG]

Posted May 17, 2022
    CatFan105 and neo ◈ like this.
  2. Your link is broken. Unless you wanted to show us the thumbnail :^)

Posted May 17, 2022
    neo ◈ likes this.
  3. I can relate to not being good at art (except I don't think I can draw well IRL) so respect for trying it and trying something new.
    Although I think there has been an issue with the link; the image is unable to render. My guess is because of the specific URL shortner - or double check to make sure the link in the code of your post is correct; it could be defaulting to the homepage of your URL shortner if the link is invalid resulting in an image not being able to manifest. I think using IMGUR should work instead, and the URLs from that shouldn't be too long anyway.

Posted May 17, 2022
  4. I tried using imgur but it resulted in a broken image too, therefore I will embed the image as an imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/0MnsSaQ

Sorry for the inconvenience.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2022
    Ian923 likes this.
  5. thomas i love that

Posted May 18, 2022
    Thomas A. Anderson likes this.
  6. Thomas, love it! I am a bit jealous of people wich can draw so amazingly good!

Keep up doing the good work :)

Posted May 18, 2022
  7. Great job! It looks great for your first attempt.

Posted May 18, 2022