• 2070 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4649 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

First Week Back To School

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vytas, Jan 8, 2020.

1. The moment we've all been dreading... The return to school after holiday break. My question is simple how have the first few days gone so far? I'm already counting down the days to summer.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Wulfo likes this.
  2. Hello!
    I actually went back on Thursday, I don’t know why we just couldn’t go back this week, but eh, what are you going to do? So far, these past few days have been okay for me, pretty laid back on all the work (which I am thankful for). I’m honestly not enthusiastic about going back to school, but alas I must. Thanks for making this thread, enjoy your time back!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  3. Mine have gone pretty well, I have aced 2 tests and am happy that I get to see some of my friends again but I'm counting the days till summer to :D

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  4. I had a hard test the first day upon return which was not fun. I can't wait for it to be summer already lol.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  5. Eh, school is gone okay for me. I aced my finals, so I’m feeling pretty good about the rest of the year! Honestly, school is pretty cool for me, I love hanging out with all my friends, and it’s not that hard yet! I can’t say I’m not looking forward to summer though!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  6. The first few days back from a break are always hard; I'm used to sleeping in, so it's been a hassle getting up early. I am also usually tired throughout the day, which mainly relates to my sleep schedule; I kind of fixed it on the last day but not entirely. Besides that, they've been fine. Winter sports are starting up, as well as a club I wanted to participate in, which is excellent as I've been looking forward to them all year. I'm slowly getting back in the swing of things and will hopefully be better next week. Plus it's nice seeing all my friends again.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  7. My days have honestly been super easy. 3 out of my 5 professors cancelled class because they were sick (I'm getting sick too) so the only class I actually went to was one of my International Business classes from 8:30-11:30 on Monday. Aside from that I've just been chilling at home feeling sorry for myself that I'm sick and watching Friends (Canadian Netflix still has it). xD I only have class from 10:05-11:35 for the rest of the week which is lovely. Hope everyone settles nicely into their routines!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  8. I barely went back today. Today felt so long for no reason whatsoever. However, it was not a bad day. I felt bored at some points, but it just felt like a bland day for me. I cannot wait for summer break!!!

~Sterrio

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  9. I got Mid terms this week so not fun. Other than that school has been going really well for me. Counting down days to Spring break.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  10. Yeah I should probably be counting the days till summer too, lol.

Actually I just came home from being abroad. Today is my 3rd day back to school and every time I come home from the 8-hour hell, I'm literally sapped out of energy, and literally just sink into my bed and not come out for ages. But the only lesson I really don't mind is Science. Science is actually pretty fun for me, when you get to learn about Biology and the cells and all that. School's been pretty decent and the other day, I had a history test and got 15/20. Aside from the fact, I get in trouble for sneezing loud -.-
    I look forward to reading other peoples' experiences!
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

EIDT: OH CRUD I HAVE A MATHS TEST TODAY

Posted Jan 9, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 9, 2020
  11. schools been ok the first few days. I'm really tired though because I got used to staying up late during winter break, so I messed up my sleep schedule. I'm also almost failing a few classes so I'm trying to get my grades up before my parents find out, but otherwise school is ok. I get to watch a movie in school on this coming monday c:

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  12. I'm fine with school from IST tomorrow we have 10 days of holidays so I think I'm dating fine plus I have my birthday coming right around the corner. Feb1st if you're curious so I would say I'm doing really well in school too like science and hate math.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  13. Hey!

Unfortunately, my classes actually started last week, on Jan. 2nd. My district is really “pro-active” and strive to get the most school-days in as possible.

~Nick

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  14. Unfortunately we didn’t even catch a break on the first day back, as we were overwhelmed by projects and assignments that are starting to become a burden. I had a physics test on the first day back, an algebra test yesterday and I have an exam in English next week that is worth 10% of my final grade. Not to mention that my mock exams begin in a month’s time! On the other hand, it is great getting to see my friends again and those who I missed over the break. I even missed those awful teachers that gave me something to rant about at lunch!

I hope everyone else is setting in well (or as well as is humanely possible at the moment). With some luck, we’ll get through the term without too much blood, sweat and tears! Well, maybe not the blood but you get the idea.

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  15. I think the first few days have been okay. It was nice to see friends and get back into the swing of things. I honestly kind of feel like this semester is going to be a literal repeat of last semester. I guess it might be a little bit harder due to things like AP exams, but a lot of the work is going to be similar.
    I’m glad the first week is over though. Looking forward to the weekend.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  16. I've always found school to be fairly stressful and I don't think this first week back has been any different. It's extremely difficult to sleep earlier when you're so used to going to bed late in the holidays so I've been pretty tired everyday. I had a practice exam in one of my lessons yesterday which was also pretty difficult since I didn't really understand the question. I'd love to say that next week will be a lot better but unfortunately I highly doubt that it will. I've got two exams coming up, one on Monday and one on Thursday which I definitely don't feel like I'm going to do well in at all. Once those exams are out of the way then things should return to normal and stress levels should die down a bit.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  17. Because I live In Australia, I’ve Still Got 3 Weeks Until I start.

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  18. Hey!
    So far actually school has been pretty fun because I have gotten to hangout and see all my friends. The school work has been very hard though because I'm in all AP or DE classes. I get homework every night and I have already had 3 tests since Monday so I guess that's bad. I feel like the first week back is always good though because you get to see all your teachers and friends again for the first time since break which is really nice. I have been very tired in my classes though. Overall it's been a good first week back and I'm actually kind of looking forward to future weeks!

Posted Jan 10, 2020
  19. Heyyy

I hated my first week back so much. I had become so comfy and accustomed to a life of sleeping at 6am and waking up at 2:30pm that being dragged out of bed at 7am really killed me. I’m writing this as a ghost. My sleep schedule got really badly messed up, and I had to quickly do a switcheroo of the times. But even then I’m still going to sleep at 2am!

As for school itself I’m not a fan of that either. My school is incredibly uncaring of their students’ well-being to a level that a lot of you couldn’t even imagine. An example, we had bad floods in my area last month which left many people with badly damaged homes and belongings — my school forced the students affected to come into school and sent teachers to go and collect them from [flooded] home if they didn’t come in. Anyway, because I’m in my final year of school (year 11) we have a lot of exams in May/June, and because I’m in all of the top-set classes it means that the pressure is really on to do well now. Out of pity and spite for that school though, I’m not giving into any of it and I’m remaining calm even during the exams

Hated the first week back and I’m very happy it’s Saturday

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  20. I don't like my school. I am going to private school. School uniform or boring lesson is NOT the reason. The main reason is the class, our classmates do many inappropriate things that I won't list, but the statement "they grow so fast" is excellent for describing the situation, they are 14-15 years old but they do VERY HORRIBLE things.

Posted Jan 11, 2020