• 1878 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10316 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix block hunt XP (nobody cares)

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by FruitVegetables, Aug 13, 2019.

1. So I made a thread about this earlier but people don’t know how to check that I’m on bedrock and the thread died.
    So as sated in the title, fix the block hunt xp. From a game won as a hider, you get ~500 xp ( note that I got 22 kills as a hider in game once and still got about this amount). From a loss, you get ~200 xp. I’ve come to notice that 5+ consecutive wins as a hider awards ~1,000 xp.
    To give you some perspective, before from a hider/hunter win, you would get 1,000+ xp. from a loss, you would get 400-500 xp. Another thing to notice is: I know someone who has like 400 cakewars wins, and he’s a level 49. I know another person (two people) who have like 700 block hunt wins and are almost level 40. The only reason I’m level 60 is because I’ve played a lot of cakewars and dragons (not stat boosting). Now some of you may say that cakewars is harder and requires more skill. That’s untrue. Cakewars is quite easy IMO. Block hunt requires a multitude of skills that include really good bow skills, pvp skills (note that hiders have no armor on while hunters get iron/gold/chain), strategy involving the map and hiding skills. To conclude, block hunt is messed up in a multitude of ways but the xp is an issue that’s been continually going for months.

Please note the following things:
    -I’m taking about bedrock, NOT java
    -Do not tell me to submit a bug report or to call my local crisis hotline
    -Please make sure your answer is in depth and helpful
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---
    This thread will be left to die xd

Posted Aug 17, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2019
  2. Well seems good. Hope it gets processed :)

{insert really in-depth and helpful answer}

+1
    Good luck my friend
    - yato

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  3. Does anybody mind to read this?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 23, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  4. Hi there!

Now this is an interesting one. As a level 100 with 17 million global experience, I think I can confidently give my opinion on your thread.

Block hunt is a lengthy game compared to games such as super smash mobs and skywars etc. Experience is rewarded on time alive in the game, as well as kills earnt etc. Therefore, as a shocking hider, it's quite easy to stack up to 15 kills in a block hunt game. It's also a strategy to hide all game without being noticed, both of which are easier than predominately hunting.

Here's my suggestion. Increase the experience of block hunt overall by about +250 - 300 xp. Therefore, players will be earning around 800 - 850 or so a game. However, starting as a hunter and winning the game should give more xp, close to 1k perhaps, depending on kills, as hunting is much harder and requires a lot more attention and strategy. An average game of super smash mobs gives me 850 xp, and the game lasts for no more than 2 and a half minutes. Putting this into context, ssm is giving 1.7k for 5 minutes of game time, where as block hunt is giving 550 xp for multiple kills and staying alive.

Overall, even though I don't play block hunt to an extent I play other games, I strongly agree that experience rewards for block hunt should be increased a fair amount. It's a +1 from me!

4G0

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  5. I do play aggressively at times and I also do hide in the OP spots where nobody finds me (@GottaGoFasta taught me some spots). It doesn’t really make a difference wether I kill 22 hunters in a game or just hide as a chicken. I’ve noticed that like 3-4 consecutive hider wins rewards 930-1k xp but the xp count is still finicky.

Also, should this be in game alterations?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 23, 2019
  6. Never noticed the XP but it should be changed

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  7. Yeah, I'm gonna say this now. Block Hunt EXP is horrible. It's a game mode where the hunters have to find the hiders and the maps are so large that it takes forever for the hiders to get caught and when the game eventually ends you barely get any EXP. This main factor is the reason why I don't play Block Hunt anymore. If the staff team were to change this and add more EXP I might consider getting back into Block Hunt but for now, I'm staying away from it.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Pumpedpixel and FruitVegetables like this.
  8. yeah I strongly agree I have not played block hunt in a while but the reason why I don't play is because of the low xp its a fun game mode yes but the amount of xp you get in it is absurd when compared to other games you could finish a cakewars game in 5 minutes or less and still get 800-1k xp. however in blockhunt the games last much longer and you only gain 200xp from it. in my opinion they should fix the xp on blockhunt or make the maps smaller.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  9. I'm SO glad you brought this up! I was thinking about making this thread a while back but forgot about it. Block hunt definitely needs an xp update for the hiders. However, I think that hunter xp is alright if you get enough eliminations.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  10. Hunter xp never gives more than 200

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 7, 2019
  11. ahhh I see

Posted Sep 7, 2019