• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6700 Players Online
  • 3810 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix for teaming

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Tripo, May 31, 2020.

1. I have seen so many people teaming in Solo Survival Games that it sometimes rips all the fun out of the game. I think a good fix for this is to have a system where if people are lets say 10 blocks or less away from each other for 10 seconds, an anti-teaming measure would be taken. This anti-teaming measure could be them taking half a heart of damage every second. This would help at least partially as they cannot stay close to each other. This would obviously be disabled for the first 30 seconds of the game as that is considered as a time for looting. I hope you think my idea is good.

Posted May 31, 2020,
    Last edited May 31, 2020
    aiirr likes this.
  2. I see the idea, but how would it be able to differentiate between players that are teaming versus actually playing, considering to actually play and fight in SG you’d need to be closer than 10 blocks from one another. This would affect nearly every fight for SG and give massive disadvantages to players who aren’t trying to team. Especially since you stated it would give half a heart of damage every second they’re within 10 blocks from one another or less. I could see if it were to just be a single half a heart of damage maybe as a sort of warning — then again that wouldn’t stop teaming and would become more of a nuisance if anything.
    I think the idea has a good intention, but could be worked on a little more to make it less of a disadvantage for every fight.

Posted May 31, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  3. I can understand where you are coming from however fights usually don't last longer than 10 seconds which is when I think the damage should begin. Either way I appreciate your idea on the matter!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2020
    aiirr likes this.
  4. Maybe add a caption on the players screen saying "Dont team or you will lose health." possibly after 30s to a minute of 10 block range.

Posted May 31, 2020
  5. Hello there!

Unfortunately, I will have to disagree with this idea. This is due to the fact that players might be near each other and not know at all and then they will start taking half heart damage every second. For example, let’s say it’s the fallout map. There are many buildings with different floors. One played could be underneath another player and they would both start taking damage. Do you see where I’m coming from? There are loads of examples but here is just one. What I tend to do is quickly tell staff members in my /f who are free and they can come instantly and investigate. Sometimes I do not use staff request if the player is a high level in case they are in staff request and can see the chat. I’d definitely recommend friending the lovely staff as they have come in clutch for me 99.9% of the time.

Posted May 31, 2020
  6. There are nametags but I do guess that assassin would create quite a few problems. I'm pretty sure we can find a workaround that and what you have said however. Thanks for replying!

OP OP
    CruisinLow likes this.
  7. I guess 10 seconds would be too short maybe 30 seconds would be reasonable

OP OP
  8. I
    I guess 10 seconds may not be reasonable, maybe 30 seconds?

OP OP
  9. Hello again!

I also do not think changing it to 30 seconds will not work. Here’s why. When it comes to the last 3-4 players and the border is coming in and there is hardly no space, all the players will be losing half a heart every second which makes no sense. Maybe there could be something else that could work?

Posted May 31, 2020
    ChiefChippy likes this.
  10. Hey!

Although a like the idea of having an anti-teaming measure in place for survival games, I don’t know if this would be the best way to implement it. For example, what if someone is chasing someone else for a long period of time but they’re within the 10 block range? Also, what if you don’t see someone and they’re on the other side of a building? Changing this to 30 seconds also would not be able to fix all the problems, especially during the final minutes of the match where the borders are extremely close. Although I am not a fan of teaming, I believe that at the moment one of the best ways to prevent it is to just contact a staff member or report it.

Posted May 31, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  11. Maybe this feature is disabled when the boarder comes?

Posted May 31, 2020
  12. Disabled during deathmatch. Pretty much what the other guy said

OP OP
  13. What they really need to do is fix the party system so people don’t feel the need to cross team.

Posted May 31, 2020
  14. I agree with what net said. People feel the need to cross team because they get separated into different teams and cross team. If the party system gets fixed, I can guarantee there will be less cross teamer.

Posted May 31, 2020
  15. This is an interesting idea.
    I don't agree with players taking damage from being too close. Players might be close to each other without even realizing it.
    It could also ruin the game for others, let's say you are hiding from a player, once the player gets within ten blocks of you and is notified about the teaming rule. This will make the player realize he is close to someone else and will blow your cover.
    I do agree with some sort of notification that tells players teaming is against the rules, but maybe not only when players get too close. I don't agree with them taking damage as well, I think it's a bit unnecessary.

Posted May 31, 2020
    ChiefChippy and Solyd like this.
  16. Yes! I have been in partys before with my friends on opposite teams but ive been careful not to crossteam. Also needs to be fixed so that partys are put on the same team.

Posted May 31, 2020
  17. Honestly, I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. I personally play a ton of Survival Games, and while I have ran into people teaming in solo matches, I just don't think this would function very well if actually implemented. As others have mentioned above me, there are times when players are going to be near each other for long periods of time. This could be during PvP, chasing a player, rushing spawn, death-match, etc.
    I completely understand why you think this would be a good idea. It's similar to the anti-camping techniques that Mineplex uses. But there are cases when players PvP for longer than 10 seconds, and I've had fights myself that have lasted up to a minute (not including chasing). This would give a disadvantage to both parties, but especially whoever has the least amount of health. If a player wanted to, they could simply chase down the person to make sure they stayed within 10 blocks and abuse this to give them damage.

On top of that, damage dealt would give players knockback, or at least make them flinch. It would be nearly impossible to run away while damage is being dealt because you wouldn't be able to run as fast with damage every second. It's similar to how if someone rods you, you temporarily lose momentum. This could potentially be abused to the point where the feature deals more harm than has benefits.

The last reason why I don't think this would be effective is because there would be ways to work around it. Theoretically, if this were to be added, what is stopping the team from leaving the 10 block radius for a split second and then coming close together again? This would reset the timer and teams could keep repeating this cycle which would make the feature redundant. If you were to argue that we could make it a feature so the timer doesn't reset, then this would affect fighting. If a player decides to PvP someone for 6 seconds, run away from the fight, and then turn around to fight again, this could be problematic as they would both start taking damage after just 4 seconds.

@UncookedSnow116 (Bedrock) mentioned adding a notification to players screens to warn them that teaming is punishable. I think this would be the most reasonable way to implement a feature like this into the game. That way it doesn't cause any harm to players who aren't actually teaming that get falsely flagged for it, and informs players that might not know the rules to go check them out. However, that's just my opinion on the suggestion.

Posted May 31, 2020
  18. Yes good

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    idcmax likes this.