• 4254 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13593 Players Online
  • 9339 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix 'Jump Rope' on NANO Games

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Chikin_Mann, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Hey There! On Nano Games, the minigame 'Jump Rope' needs to be fixed. There are no bugs or anything like that, but the thing is, the particle color needs to be changed. For example, on the Space Map, the particles are Black and it's a Black environment. Many players also have complained in-game about it for they can't see anything and they're unable to play. Just wanted to throw this out there for the future. Thanks!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  2. Do you play with any texture pack? Because that would alter the way the particles appear. Maps are built for default texture pack, so we don't really take other packs into consideration. In default texture packs, the particles appear as white smoke, which can be clearly seen against the black environment. There is no code or any difference in the map that makes the smoke appear differently depending on the surroundings. So personally, I don't believe this to be an issue.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    powh, Im_Ken, Ocelotguyy and 4 others like this.
  3. I was playing with the regular texture pack, however it does appear white sometimes but not often, usually the same color as the ground of the map we're playing on

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020
  4. I believe that is not true since I play with default tpack and I see very faint black swirls which nobody can really see from what I have heard. There is a known bug as well, where all players are swiped off as soon as the game starts and everyone dies...

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  5. I don't think it's a bug. Just that the particles may be set to be random everytime, doesn't matter what map it is. Very confusing, and I think the Devs should look into it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020
  6. When I play the particles seem to be working fine. Idk if this is the case for you, but quite a few people who have complained probably have particles disabled in their Minecraft settings. The text before the game begins states that you need particles enabled to play but I don't think many people pay much attention to it.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  7. Do you have a screenshot/example of what you’re seeing? That would be easier than just trying to guess what you’re seeing.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  8. When I'm playing Jump Rope at Nano Games, I see that many people, almost 60-80% of the players fell off after the first jump, and it can be a couple of reasons. As Dutty mentioned, Jump Rope is designed for default Minecraft Texture Pack, and having another texture pack may have an effect on the vision of the white smock that appears as the "Jumping Rope", so I would recommend having the default texture pack, or a texture pack that is close to the default, and see if it's still hard to see the Jump Rope.

Also, make sure that you have particles enabled, so you can actually see the white smock. I play with the default Minecraft Texturepack with particles enabled, and for me, there are no bugs or issues with Jump Rope.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  9. Hey!

If you're planning to play Nano Games then perhaps it is best that you change your texture pack to the default one. I play with a custom texture pack and the particles appear as black smoke, which suits me quite well, but it's just by luck that it happens to suit the game too. I understand you mentioned above that the particles do not always appear as a white colour and my advice here is to try some different techniques such as the direction you are facing. The north may have more background blocking your view than the south, and players are invisible either way so this should not limit you.

Jump Rope is only a minor game in Nano which is why I would not worry about it too much, but I can see where your concern comes from. The reason that you should use the default texture pack when playing Nano is that there are many games where it may not be appropriate to use any other, though feel free to PM me if you'd like mine. For example, some texture packs make glass panes more transparent/opaque which could also affect your playing of Slime Cycles. Having particles enabled is also a must.

Hopefully this helps you and with the advice of everyone here you will not die as quickly!

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    ShutUpMyChild :) likes this.