• 335 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6354 Players Online
  • 6019 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix Mineplex Java: a complete list

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GlutenFreeCode, Jun 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. well done n said bud, sw v2 needs to be brought back. But you know what I have noticed from talking to staff and posting things on forums for a change, it won't change and the owners and administrators of mineplex aren't going to change a thing. You would think especially now that the servers are down for a bit they could take this time and regroup and hire new people and report to bug and create new ideas but honestly it's doubtful. And because it never will Mineplex will eventually fallback so much on the java that they will be forced to shut down. If they want the server to change and bring in new players they need updates and GWEN v3. I've been hearing "new gwen update" since last year... they just don't have enough.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  2. They are interviewing for developers so there should be some soon!

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  3. Giveaways are already a thing in various areas of the network, most notably in the Mineplex Discord or on the Mineplex Twitter. Giveaways are barely a thing on the server, although there's still absolutely a chance that you can get a rank upgrade from a chest in game. I do think more promotional giveaways and such would be good - but we also don't want people to only play Mineplex to win a rank because that won't keep people around in the long run.

I do think the filter needs to be redone. I don't think we should filter bypasses and should only filter actual disallowed words so it doesn't heck up the filter like right now. We already mute people for bypassing anyway so what's the point. But profanity is never going to be allowed on Mineplex, especially now that we're partnered with Mojang who, as you may or may not know from Bedrock, have a very zero tolerance of that kind of thing.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Also agreed. We do need more Devs. Immediately. It's something I've been personally gunning for for a while. Although I do want to point out that Admins don't really have much of a say in this, ordinarily. The main people in charge of the server are currently LT and Owners, and that's about it. I would love to have more say in some of the things done, but in terms of the way the staff team is laid out, Admins have never really had a say in this kind of thing and likely will continue not to do so.

Our GWEN dev has apparently been busy with school, however GWEN V2 is planned to come out soon (hopefully) and within recent months has been getting updated. So we should hopefully see a GWEN update within this year. Again, hopefully.

This is something I aim to do. I would love to move past this ugly lobby, but I understand that people do like the nostalgia of it all and far be it for me to upset the community more than it already is. You can count on me to keep the building aspect of Mineplex tip top. :>

I do want to make some changes to the current lobby, but only minor aesthetic changes and layout changes to make it easier to navigate and look at. I don't think the lobby will ever change again as drastically as it did before.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    Fusafez, WowCaleb, Paingwin and 16 others like this.
  4. I decided not to quote any message, as this will be fairly short, but I will @dutty and @GlutenFreeCode

I will only be touching base on the player count issue, as that's what I'm more qualified to talk about.

Getting the player count up is quite simple. All that is required is providing ample content for creators, and as an extension to this, having a proper creator system/policy in place. The sole reason Hypixel is the number one server is that they offer permanent youtube rank (the rank is never taken away unless you break the rules), and provide countless opportunities for creators to make content, and get views.

Mineplex obviously already understands the importance of content, they're a marketplace partner after all, and you have to provide good content for that content to be purchased.

As a side note. A phenomenon right now in the marketing space is the Minecraft Championship project by Noxcrew. They've grown over a million Twitter followers in two years, the level of engagement they are getting is something that would typically cost tens (possibly hundreds) of millions of dollars. When you put in perspective they're getting more collective engagement (per event) than the Superbowl, it's just flat out crazy.

I've offered to join the Mineplex team in a business development role, for way less than I would normally take, so if you want real change you should convince them to hire me, or someone else who is qualified.

I will add one more thing as well.

A lot of people on Hypixel love the whole name color thing, where your name/rank color show up everywhere, etc. Hive was the first big server to do a system like this, and Simon was inspired by Hive to do that idea on Hypixel. This is something I would definitely like to see recreated on Mineplex, especially since there's no longer any overlapping colors for staff ranks, compared to the rest of the donor/creator ranks. Though, YouTube rank does overlap with Titan.

But if I had it my way YouTube, YT, and Streamer would become "Creator" and be purple, haha. Meaning there wouldn't be any issue.

Posted Jun 21, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 21, 2021
  5. The only one I don’t agree with is the first one. Hypixel has MVP++ which is essentially the same and their playerbase doesn’t seem to have an issue paying for it monthly. If you want a permanent rank, there’s Hero, Titan & Eternal :)

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  6. I only have two disagreements.

1) I would say that giveaways on the forums and discord are both unattractive to new players because if you aren't active on the game server, you're even less likely to be active on the forums and discord. Since I believe giveaways are a good idea to bring in new players, those wouldn't help. They'd just help with player retention... maybe.

2) I'll highlight the quote "but we also don't want people to only play Mineplex to win a rank because that won't keep people around in the long run" and debate it threefold.
    2a) If you have indefinite giveaways, once a month, whatever - these players will keep coming back.
    2b) Even if 90% of the attracted audience only plays for the giveaway (an exaggeratedly pessimistic number) that's still bringing in a 10% growth of players when currently we see decline
    2c) That's why I suggested "raffles" where you play games to get more of a chance to win the ranks. It forces players to at least try the games, and even if they don't like it, it would fill up lobbies for people who do like those games.

I know I'm just passionate about it because it's my idea but I really see incredible potential. People love free stuff.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2021
  7. Players will give up once they don't win for a couple of months & they won't purchase a rank as it'd be a waste of money if they have a chance of getting a rank upgrade: leading to a potential decrease in sales.

It'd be cool as a couple of week event over summer, but not long term.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  8. All I will say is that seems very speculative and not based on any real data. You could just as easily say that there would be a constant stream of new people looking to win, and it would never die out.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2021
  9. The hype would die, you can't keep the hype alive for months.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  10. It's not hype, it's an attractive feature. That would be like calling cake wars hype.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 22, 2021
  11. It also decreases sales if it's left on forever.

It's hype: it gets people playing for a while, then it dies down.

Posted Jun 23, 2021
  12. It really needs a new and interesting gamemode to spice things up... Perhaps something pve? think Decked Out from HC season 7 but don't just rip it off.
    Even if it is just hype you can keep the hype train going with a dedicated team working on updates for that specific gamemode. Had Decked out been brought to mineplex before tango thought of it (especially on bedrock where you have all the fancy 1.9 to 1.17 stuff) you could have different dungeon themes and a weekly relic points leaderboard (no lifetime points except perhaps in private stats because that puts off newer players) The team can release new dungeons and rotate out old ones maybe four times a year... This way it seems like you release a new gamemode when really all you do is release a new map.

Also is there any way to set up larger servers to have sort of minigame modules that switch in and out so they can dynamically change the gamemode they present in accordance with demand? This might cut back on costs as it would move empty servers to games where there is more demand thus meaning you don't spend money keeping dead wood afloat.

Posted Jun 23, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  13. I've changed my mind, its too late lmao. F in the chat for Java

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.