• 2297 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11110 Players Online
  • 8813 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix Necromancer AI

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by afchlam, Apr 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Can you please fix the necromancer kit skeleton AI? It's annoying to have my skeletons standing around doing nothing whist being killed. Very annoying, just a waste of a kit choice. The only improvement after 4+ years of having the kit is that they teleport now. They still drown and sink to the bottom of water, which makes marine battles very difficult.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  2. I'd also like to suggest that as a Necromancer you kill another's skeleton, it transfers to you, and if you kill a Necromancer their skeletons transfer as well?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020
  3. Personally I haven't really noticed that. I don't use Necromancer myself but whenever I fight against one the Skeletons immediately target me once I get too close, which makes fighting someone with around 3 or more very tricky.

Definitely disagree with that suggestion though, you shouldn't get multiple Skeletons for 1 kill, even if your opponent was a Necromancer.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  4. From my experience the last 8 or so games, it's like 30/70 whether the skeletons idle around or attack, and their walk speed is slow enough to not make a noticeable difference. Sometimes attacking skeletons will become idle again, and even if my attacker comes right inside the skeleton it will remain idle.

And it's not multiple skeletons for 1 kill, it's multiple skeletons for the player you killed as well as the players they killed. Even in the context the Necromancer kit was created for, it would only seem like I should control their skeletons.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020
  5. Not sure what 30/70 means but I guess there is no harm in improving the AI. They'd have to be careful though, making them smarter makes the kit stronger, which could potentially make it OP when you have enough Skeletons. It's already tricky enough to deal with someone who has a large amount of Skeletons.

I understood what you meant. I disagree with the suggestion of being able to take another Necromancers Skeletons by killing them. If a Necromancer has 2 Skeletons, and is then killed by another Necromancer, the killer is gaining 3 Skeletons for their 1 kill, which I believe is undeserved. Keeping it at a simple 1 kill for 1 skeleton is best imo.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  6. I agree it's tricky already to deal with someone as a Necromancer; however, that should remain balanced with the perks of the other kits, which should help a bit.

However, with the Necromancer, I believe the three skeletons would be deserved, depending on the context. Say, Necromancer A kills players B and C, then Nec. D kills A. As you said, the skeletons are already hard enough to deal with, and as D managed to kill A (like I said, this is depending on the circumstances) then D should supposedly be able to kill players B and C as well, justifying the new amount of skeletons. Of course, situations like the janitor crewmen to clean up after a fight aren't considered in such a scenario. I see both the reasoning and the disagreement with the suggestion, though.

Skeletons are relatively easy to outrun, though, and whether you have 2 or 5 skeletons the other player can easily outrun them. The Necromancer kit is more as a defense than offense, overwhelming players in numbers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020
  7. I agree with you. They don't really attack and they get in the way more than they help.
    +1

Posted Apr 10, 2020
  8. *****

Posted Apr 14, 2020