• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Fix 'protective shields'

Discussion in 'One in the Quiver' started by pablosanches6900, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Anyone that still plays this game can agree with me on the fact that spawn shields are useless in what is supposed to be a FAST PACED GAME. Going to be honest when I say I couldn't care less for the reason as to why they exist in this mode, they simply should not. I've lost countless lineups and kills due to this stupid update, the games have been prolonged because of it, the game is practically unplayable when you have to wait several seconds to make sure your arrow is not wasted on someone with a protective shield especially in a game where literally every second counts, not to mention the fastest runs that occur are measured in seconds as any well played game can be won in less than a minute without spawn shields.
    Overall they add zero balance and are just frustrating to deal with, if there was one last update to this game on this server just remove the protective shields and let that be it, the game will at least be bearable to play again and be more enjoyable.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Xukuwu, leo_thya, Minecraft and 3 others like this.
    Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Mattt, Jaek and pablosanches6900 like this.
  3. Yes I do agree that this feature has had very little benefits compared to all the pain it causes. Out of all 10,400 oitq games that I've played, I can say that the last 1000 with respawn protection have been the most annoying. I shoot an arrow at a recently respawned player, and my arrow is vaporized into nothingness because the arrow does not hit them. Why? Because of the annoying time window of respawn protection. It always lasts long enough for you to loss an arrow, but too short to save you from arrows after respawning. +1, please remove this feature ASAP

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  4. Hey! I've definitely experienced this and it's quite literally the most annoying thing ever to deal with. I've had to at least wait more than 5 second to safely shoot my arrow without it being absorbed by the player. Overall makes the game feel like hell and absolutely adds no purpose to the game. I'd also like challenge myself for faster games without having to use my sword. But this problem you're having occurs a lot when you're normally playing the game too, I have a video of an arrow bouncing off of me (note I didnt just spawn in) when it should've killed me. I hope they do something about this because it's the most annoying thing ever.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  5. Yes please this is the most annoying thing ever, it's not even in OITQ copies like snowball trouble no reason to have it here

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    EknineEd1385 and Mattt like this.
  6. One small alternative to this issue is, an arrow shot at spawn protected player should be returned back to the player. Now I know this wouldn't completely solve the issue, but it would be a little improvement to the game.

But, if there was some way to remove or reduce the spawn protection significantly it would be very useful.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  7. I see what you mean but isnt removing it completely a better idea than your alternative? It's never been there until now so its definitely fixable.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    pablosanches6900 and Specy like this.
  8. I get why this would be frustrating, but the flip side is the reason it was added. If players are constantly getting spawn killed with no way to prevent it then all you did was change the issue. A different solution would be, as @Specy said, to return the arrow.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  9. Dodging arrows is a skill you have to develop in this game, upon spawning you should know that you should move instantly to have the smallest chance of being shot the second you spawn. Returning the arrow would involve more unnecessary work to be done by devs,the game ran fine and smoothly before this addition I don't see how it could negatively affect the game in its current state

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
    EknineEd1385, Mattt and Specy like this.
  10. You can learn to avoid getting spawn killed, and spawn killing really was not a problem before the update. I really don’t see any reason to keep it in the game, it’s really annoying and ruins streaks.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  11. I've been absolutely abhorrently frustrated by this update since it came into existence. The timer is so long you CANNOT distinguish what's a proper time to shoot the person. There is no visual cue, and most of the time you're wrong and waste your arrow.

Sometimes you don't SEE the person spawn, and attempting to shoot them turns out to be a waste; especially when you're on a fast killstreak and you get gimped out of it because the person you are relying on dying doesn't die, and your streak gets crushed and you likely die as a result because it puts you in a bad situation.

Now they've botched it up even more, because now YOU can't shoot anyone for equally as long when YOU respawn. This was obviously an attempt to balance out the invincible spawnee people shooting you, but it made the issue worse.

One major problem is that the players typically start facing the wrong way and can't get their bearings fast enough to avoid arrows like they should be able to. Unless you're a seasoned player like myself (who by the way has no problem of 'getting spawn-killed') you're likely more prone to just cruddy spawn directions throwing you off than having an unfair susceptibility to spawn-killing.

The devs/staff and people who don't play the game enough to understand how this whole system cripples the game are the only ones who have a say in this apparently, and people will do anything to justify this horrible change, along with all the others. This system is garbage; make the timer at MOST 1 second. That's a fair enough amount of time to move out of harm's way, and if not, then you need to learn to play better. We can't keep adding jank mechanics to buffer awful players. They need to just learn.

Posted Jan 4, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 4, 2020
  12. To put it into perspective, the timer lasts somewhere between 3 and 5 seconds. I can't exactly pinpoint the correct amount, but I can guarantee it's at least 3 and at most 5. If you're in a big lobby, it's easily possible to die 10 times. Sometimes more. It's perfectly safe to assume that in a typical game you can spend anywhere from 20 seconds to an entire minute if you're unlucky, being rendered completely unable to play the game at all in addition to frequently wasting your arrows and time, causing more deaths. Not to mention travel times when these issues cause you to die. There are TONS of reasons why this system is abominable.

Posted Jan 4, 2020