• 861 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11745 Players Online
  • 10884 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Followers Birthdays

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Alyss_Treaty, Apr 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey! This is my first thread so here it goes.
    I follow a lot of people and I love to say happy birthday to the people I follow.
    So I was thinking maybe you can get at Notification that it’s one of your followers birthdays. I hope to see this happen!
    Tell me what you think!

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Jylie, Fusafez, BlondieBrook and 9 others like this.
  2. I think it would be a great addition to the forums!

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty likes this.
  3. Hey! :D

I definitely think this would be something nice and sweet to add to the forums! I'd love to get a notification when it's someone's birthday whom I follow. Although there is a way to see whose birthday it is today. You can check by visiting this link (https://www.mineplex.com/members/).

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty likes this.
  4. I like this idea, it's something quite small and simple but it also sounds like something that could be fun! It doesn't come across as something that would be hard to implement, so hopefully we can see it implemented in the future. It may also be a good idea to have this toggle preference for those who wish to not be notified of birthdays, perhaps if they followed lots of people and didn't want the spam.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty and Anna. like this.
  5. Hiyo

I think this would be a great idea! However for the people who follow basically everyone I can see why this might become an annoyance at some point. I myself only follow 9 people and I can tell you their birthdays the second I'm asked but perhaps that's just me. There is a feature which is similar already at the members page but a lot of people don't know about that or they don't check it everyday. Perhaps a feature that could be implemented along with this is the addition of Favourite Followers? Back on the Enjin website I remember having Favourite Friends who were displayed at the top of your friends list. So perhaps this could be added so you get the notification only for those people? I don't know if that's even possible to do on Xenforo but we'll see I guess

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    yvuggu, Alyss_Treaty and Anna. like this.
  6. maybe if the favorite friend's idea wouldn't work out there could be a toggle on/off preference in settings somewhere

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  7. It would be amazing and easier to say happy bday 100% +1

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty likes this.
  8. Hey Alyss! I think that this would make a nice addition to the forums. The purpose of your news feed is to alert you about people you follow, so I think that adding in a little notification there that it is one of the people you're following's birthday! I always tend to miss birthdays as well, so I would like to see this implemented. +1 from me

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty likes this.
  9. Hey! I think this is a great idea. Yes, perhaps it may be annoying if you’re following a lot of people, but maybe if there was a way to turn off the feature it wouldn’t be an issue. I would definitely love to see something like this added soon, thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty likes this.
  10. Yeah that would be cool. If it was like somewhere on the actual user's profile then it couldn't accidentally be toggled. I do somewhat understand why Favourite Friends probably wouldn't work out due to the way the followers are set out on here. But yeah the toggling idea sounds good ^^

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty and Anna. like this.
  11. Thank you Cloudy!

Thank you all for your kind words and support!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 13, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 14, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  12. Seems like a simple enough idea, and something I haven't seen suggested before, so props to you for coming up with it! I think this is a really good idea. I'm a person that loves to wish others happy birthday so this is definitely something I could make use of (albeit I do follow a lot of people so it might turn out annoying, but as long as there's a way to turn it off I don't see a problem at all). You can already check for current members' birthdays on the members page of the forums, but not everyone checks that page, so being notified (especially for the people you follow) could definitely be a good thing.

One thing I think would be good is to maybe add a feature where you can choose which people you'd like to be notified for. For people like me who follow hundreds of people getting a notification for everyone having a birthday could get a little annoying. Not sure if this has been suggested above already (if it has I apologize, I probably skimmed over it), but I think it's something worth mentioning. You could select to either have everyone you follow give you a notification for their birthday, or you could select certain individuals to be notified for. I think this is a good idea all around, thanks for suggesting!

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    Alyss_Treaty likes this.
  13. We liked this idea and will be adding it to an update way later on (because this isn't much of a priority atm). We will make sure that there's a toggle to get notifs for them in the first place and possibly also choose who you can and can't get birthday notifs for.

This will be marked as processed and locked. If you have questions or concerns please message me.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
    cwos, 20LeeBrian1, Skit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.