• 358 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2442 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned For all the OG Mineplexians out there...

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by streetbump, Oct 20, 2019.

?

Do you want the Title "2013 Mineplexian", or "2019 Mineplexian", etc. added? Take a vote!

1. Yes, I want the Title implented.

75.9%
  2. No, I don't want the Title implemented.

24.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really like this idea honestly, but as far as I know, there's no way to know when players first joined the server. If that data had been logged somewhere, I definitely would agree with adding this. However, with no way to know when players first joined, it would be super inaccurate to allow anyone to use the title. Even if players did have proof that they were on the server in 2013, that means the title would have to be applied individually to those players, which could be quite a lot, and then there is the issue with who would be assigned to apply all of these titles for our players. There's just too many complications since we've never kept track of when players have first joined the server.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  2. I understand what you're saying and agree with it, but I think that the other titles have more of an achievement backing. For example, you have the level 100 title and that'd be backed up by the effort you put in by getting it. I'd rather give it to the people who joined in 2013 and stuck around. I guess I can see where you're coming from in how it would make the older players feel special, but I don't really know how they would implement this. We're talking about thousands of players from 2013-2019, and there would be tons of problems, especially if people miss out.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  3. Hey!
    I do like this idea, however, I could see that this could take unnecessary time to implement it, we do have a title that is for people who were here on the 5 year Anniversary for Mineplex. While it does seem like a good idea on paper I do not agree with this being implemented. Mostly, the reason being is because there can't be away for a system to automatically apply the correct title to everyone. It'd have to be put in manually which would take a lot of time to do for everyone. ​

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  4. Hello!

I think this is a good concept and I would really like to see it implemented as I can't exactly remember the time I joined and it would be cool to know that I have been playing for 2, 3, 4 years etc but, it would take a long time, as explained by others and isn't really needed, apart from showing off to other players that you have been on the server for a long time, which personally, I don't find it particularly interesting to show off to others.

TL/DR: Good idea but would take too long to make and isn't needed.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  5. This is an awesome idea, I have been playing Mineplex since late 2013 and since I am around level 40, people tend to think I am a newer player and brag about joining in like 2015. The way levels work make it hard to tell someone's join date and often causes arguments over join dates.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  6. They were there on the 5 year anniversary, there is no Title saying they were there for 5 years. I don't see the relation, but thanks for the opinion.
    --- Post updated ---
    Exactly! Thank you for your opinion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
  7. i like this. a nice nod to the players who have been here through it all. maybe instead of just cut and paste "20XX Mineplexian" we could have different references to significant events that year? overall i see no harm in this, some people have voiced concerns about people potentially holding their title over other users but i mean people have done that with level and rank for as long as levels and ranks have existed, it's not going away anytime soon and it's not like the addition of a few titles will make it absurdly worse lol

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  8. Hmm this would actually be really cool to have and would help bring some of the nostalgia back in the game as you could see players who joined around the same time as you did. We do have the title for the 5 year anniversary which unlocks 5 years after your first log in on the server so I do not see how this couldn't be implemented and coding-wise, we have done titles before that were completed relatively quickly so I wouldn't mind seeing this in game at all and adds another cool element to the player experience. +1!

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  9. Hello!

I'm neutral on this, other players are right. I can see these titles leading to players being made fun of for not joining Mineplex at a certain time. I've experienced something similar to this on the SSM GI, my opinions on an SSM topic weren't taken seriously because I didn't have as many wins as the others. Don't worry it has been taken care of. On the other hand, I can see this being a way to connect with other players. If you see a player with a title that says they joined in 2013 and you too joined in 2013. You could talk to each other about the good ol' days. Same on the opposite side of the spectrum, newer players can explore what the server has to offer together. Overall +0 from me.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    streetbump likes this.
  10. facts bro. thanks for the comment.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
  11. Something similar was brought up in the past but unfortunately Mineplex doesn't store the data of when someone first joined the server therefore we cannot implement this idea. While I would have loved to have had this even considered, it's not physically possible. Thanks for writing this thread however I will be locking it and marking it is "Not Planned" as it is not possible. If you have any further suggestions feel free to make another thread.

Thread locked > Not planned

Posted Oct 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.